2018 Buick Regal GS

o0n8

Is pretty damn sexy. 3.6-liter V-6, producing 310 horsepower and 282 lb-ft of torque with AWD. Starting just under $40K, No manual of course :(

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-buick-regal-gs-photos-and-info-news

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2018-buick-regal-gs-gorgeous-sport-official-photos-and-info-gallery

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/51/2018-buick-regal-gs-inline2-photo-686147-s-original.jpg

I like the wagon thing they are toying with bringing over better.

interesting that it is a sedan looking hatchback. I like this - makes the car more practical. I like that bmw is doing the same thing with it's 4 series granCoupe too even if I hate their new numbering and the fact they call a 4 door a coupe.

...along with the A7 and the KIA Stinger. I thought Honda missed a neat opportunity for the 2018 by not making it a "liftback".

Definitely looks cool. I know it would appeal to business travelers who need a USA logo on the grille when they drive clients, or pull up to a business in the Midwest. :)

I like the wagon thing they are toying with bringing over better.

interesting that it is a sedan looking hatchback. I like this - makes the car more practical. I like that bmw is doing the same thing with it's 4 series granCoupe too even if I hate their new numbering and the fact they call a 4 door a coupe.

The wagon is meh. I was excited until they added the plastic cladding and jacked up the suspension to make it like the golf all-trak.

They are calling it a "sportback" and car & driver is calling it a hatch

Weighs 100+ lbs more than my pig of a Mustang. I've driven one and wasn't a fan. They are nice inside, for comparison the 2017 Chrysler 200S AWD V6 8spd is under 3800lbs, the Regal says 3959 lbs. I think the 200s is cheaper too, but not as nice on the inside. Guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Weighs 100+ lbs more than my pig of a Mustang. I've driven one and wasn't a fan. They are nice inside, for comparison the 2017 Chrysler 200S AWD V6 8spd is under 3800lbs, the Regal says 3959 lbs. I think the 200s is cheaper too, but not as nice on the inside. Guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Ok, but the 2018 is all new and was just announced today. You haven't driven one.

I'm looking forward to checking them out when they make it to the dealership. The Lacrosse was all new for 2017 and I really like how the car drives, a few features aside it's pretty cool for a luxury car. Looks like the Regal will be following suit right behind it in the lineup.

Looks like something that would be kinda fun the three days a year there are snowy roads after you flip two switches, clap your hands, do some jumping jacks, hold a traction button for five seconds, curse at the transmission not downshifting, and sell it the following Winter for a manual awd car.

Looks like something that would be kinda fun the three days a year there are snowy roads after you flip two switches, clap your hands, do some jumping jacks, hold a traction button for five seconds, curse at the transmission not downshifting, and sell it the following Winter for a manual awd car.

this, with added insult of the resale sucking a huge wang when you go to sell

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, Chrysler made this car 3 years ago and no one cared. I assume the response to the Buick will be much the same, given today's sedan market.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Looks like what the Chrysler 200S wanted to be when it grew a pair and fucked an Audi S3 for it's dash and spawned some nice GM Seats. Buick has been making some nice stuff for a few years. Damn, I must really be getting old :doh:

Looks like what the Chrysler 200S wanted to be when it grew a pair and fucked an Audi S3 for it's dash and spawned some nice GM Seats. Buick has been making some nice stuff for a few years. Damn, I must really be getting old :doh:
There's only a ~10HP difference, the Buick seats are nicer, and the dash looks stolen from a new Pacifica. My wife has a Regal and it's a decent car, but wouldn't be my choice of sedans. As I said, the sedan market is getting smaller every year and I doubt buyers will flock to the GS.

Yeah, Chrysler made this car 3 years ago and no one cared. I assume the response to the Buick will be much the same, given today's sedan market.

That may have been because the 200 in general was an ugly car. Ive never known anyone to say "man' that Chrysler 200 looks sexy". It doesn't matter how great a car is, if it isn't at least visually inoffensive it isn't going anywhere. Good visual design can overcome more advanced tech (I'm pretty sure this is apple's business model when it comes to phones), but tech rarely can overcome ugly.

The one thing the Buick has going for it is that is is genuinely a pretty car. Not sexy, but pretty. For some reason it looks to me like a Mazda product from a few years ago, which I also happen to think are good looking. The sedan market is phucked in general but who knows, can't sell any worse than the previous model.

That may have been because the 200 in general was an ugly car. Ive never known anyone to say "man' that Chrysler 200 looks sexy". It doesn't matter how great a car is, if it isn't at least visually inoffensive it isn't going anywhere. Good visual design can overcome more advanced tech (I'm pretty sure this is apple's business model when it comes to phones), but tech rarely can overcome ugly.

The one thing the Buick has going for it is that is is genuinely a pretty car. Not sexy, but pretty. For some reason it looks to me like a Mazda product from a few years ago, which I also happen to think are good looking. The sedan market is phucked in general but who knows, can't sell any worse than the previous model.

Looks being subjective, the last 200 was not a bad looking car, and you could get it fully loaded with a ~300hp V6, AWD, leather heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, Adaptive Cruise Control, 8.4" UConnect with SAT/NAV, and a panoramic sunroof for less than the base price of this Regal GS.

(Cue all the Chrysler hate)

Looks being subjective, the last 200 was not a bad looking car, and you could get it fully loaded with a ~300hp V6, AWD, leather heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, Adaptive Cruise Control, 8.4" UConnect with SAT/NAV, and a panoramic sunroof for less than the base price of this Regal GS. (Cue all the Chrysler hate)

I agree. Was going to pull the trigger on one as a company car prior to the switch to our current allowance instead. Was one of the better values out there and was indeed less money and a better value than the GS at that time.

Looks being subjective, the last 200 was not a bad looking car, and you could get it fully loaded with a ~300hp V6, AWD, leather heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, Adaptive Cruise Control, 8.4" UConnect with SAT/NAV, and a panoramic sunroof for less than the base price of this Regal GS.

Again, tech doesn't beat looks. I must have had a dozen 200, and it's sister car the sebring convertible, rental cars over the years in various trims, and they were comfy, reliable, quiet, and user friendly. Not once did I ever think to myself "I want to own this", or "wow this interior is great looking", or "you know what, it doesn't look half bad".

There were a couple of times where the build quality made me a little queasy, like when on 3 different cars the right side dash vent fell out after hitting a big bump. The one car that cemented my 200 hate was a red 2014 with 600 miles that rattled like a toolbox falling down stairs. I did have a 2015 200S awd that was probably the best 200 I ever drove, but still, wasn't enough to change my mind. Also, I don't know what it is with dodge's colors lately - they can't seem to get a red or a blue that is mildly pleasing that isn't on a challenger.

(Cue all the Chrysler hate)

I don't know if hating the 200 constitutes Chrysler hate. the 300 is a great looking car, the charger is a great looking car, the challenger, the ram trucks, the durango...all great looking and working vehicles that they sell of ton of. I have seen the new pacifica around and honestly I hate mini-vans and I think it is good looking. but the 200. yawn.

I love the look of the 200...for a Chrysler (I'm not normally a fan of their styling). I remember seeing a really nice one on the freeway about a year and thought "Damn, what is that?!" Drove closer and saw it was a 200.