anybody need a donor body for their next RWB widebody

Geeto67

Well see that's the difference between someone who likes Porsche and someone who doesn't. That pile with no drivetrain can just go in the trash. Now I know how people who hate Chevys feel when they see an older Vette in that condition. Of course someone simply ruined that car.

It's worth it if only it was a driver. $heeeeeeeit....even if it was running on 3 cylinders but still drove.

...and anyone saying "ZOMG it's worth it for a 911!!1!1" can go to hell since it STILL hasn't sold at $6750 and falling.

I can't wait for the 911 bubble to pop. Pricing for them is so stupid right now

You know you want one!!

It's cooling off right now, but it won't pop unless something drastic happens to the economy. Think about it, Porsche doesn't build anymore aircool. Shit they don't even build car with manual transmission anymore.

Back to the topic, yeah, that pile had been for sale for awhile now

So here is my logic on it:

Porsche purists are only slightly more annoying than vette people when it comes to what gets used to build a modified car. There is a reason why guys like magnus walker and Rod Emory are called outlaws.

yes this car is garbage, but if you wanted to do giant rivet on flares, then who really cares about how much the rear 1/4 panels are cut out. esp if you were thinking of doing a desert racer like this:

9532528659_d1b07461b4_b.jpg

http://hanabi.autoweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/gen-1200-675/public/C4BYtkjUMAAZaqK.jpg?itok=yTfYNGuU

as for the drivetrain, people have been chevy swapping 911's since the 1970's. renegade's full kit to put a non-ls chevy in one is like $1700, and what could a small block cost you? not the wallet shredding amount a Porsche engine would.

Is $6700 too high? yes if you want a porsche that's powered by a porsche engine and looks shiny and stuff - this isn't your car to restore...however, if you just wanted a rear engine porsche shapped psuedo race car banger there are worse places to start.

by the way...there are people on CL asking similar money for C3 corvette projects. Not 68-72 cars, like full on smog era 1977's and stuff, now that's crazy.

Is $6700 too high? yes if you want a porsche that's powered by a porsche engine and looks shiny and stuff - this isn't your car to restore...however, if you just wanted a rear engine porsche shapped psuedo race car banger there are worse places to start.

by the way...there are people on CL asking similar money for C3 corvette projects. Not 68-72 cars, like full on smog era 1977's and stuff, now that's crazy.

Yeah...no. I agreed with you in the one thread, but now you're back to asinine comments. That is WAY too high for that POS...and I'm a connoisseur of POS's....P'sOS?.

Car is poop. Coulda bought twice as solid rollers and similar condition cars with drivetrain for less then that.

At that point its more about how much work the new owner wants to put in. Some rotted 911's need every panel reconstructed and doesn't make sense to pay the still ridiculous prices.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/porsche-sc/6193952184.html

00Z0Z_7AnZHiXPual_600x450.jpg

holy crap, look at how much has been carved out of those 1/4 panels.

is it sad that I still think this is kind of a good deal for an aircooled 911?

Here, this one is ten time better

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/porsche-racing-chassis/6204015671.html