Civic Type-R v 370Z v WRX STI

zeitgeist57

Im surprised the Golf-R and Focus RS weren't in the competition. I dont think the Type-R would have won out over those 2 which makes the results kind of skewed like they were trying to make it favorable for the Type R.

Might have won the fight, but the war was long lost. The markup on these things is UNREAL! You could do so much better in the "price per dollar" department.

*sigh* that's supply and demand for ya... People will charge it, if we are willing to pay it.

*sigh* that's supply and demand for ya... People will charge it, if we are willing to pay it.

tell that to all the focus RS's that are sitting on dealer lots because the "market adjustment" kept people away in droves:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/07/barks-bites-focus-rs-dead-dealers-blame/

I think people are really getting tired of the Dealer "market adjustment" scam, and in a downward trending economy like we are seeing in the automotive industry/hobby markup is going to be a hard thing to justify. Probably won't stop them though.

reading through that article I am both impressed and a little leery at the amount of technology honda had to throw into this car to make it surpass an AWD or RWD performance platform. A steering knuckle that adjusts to torque steer? feels both innovative and complicated.

also can someone explain to me why the 370Z is in this hunt? Do people really cross shop an STI, a type R and a Z car?

Im surprised the Golf-R and Focus RS weren't in the competition. I dont think the Type-R would have won out over those 2 which makes the results kind of skewed like they were trying to make it favorable for the Type R.

I think they were conveniently trying to make it a JAPANESE "tuner-car" competititon...so yes, the R and RS were excluded. Clever marketing...

Dealer markups just kill me. Honda wanted 5k over on the type r's they have coming in, I told them they should be happy they told me that after I picked out my daughters car.

Coughlin Marysville told me 20k over on a Demon. This after they undercharged me for my wife's Hellcat by mistake and I told them I'd pay it, didn't want to get one over on them.

Then these places wonder why nobody has any loyalty to their dealerships.

Then these places wonder why nobody has any loyalty to their dealerships.

Actually... the shit sells at markup price. Loyalty means nothing when rich folks pay over sticker price for something they want. So long as people buy, they will sell at the markup price.

There's a post on FB about a guy with a black and red Type R trying to sell the red one for a mark-up of a mark-up

dda80cb1aac670256e64517642ff908d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That guy was at Mid-Ohio this weekend. $39500obo in the window. No idea what original MSRP on that one was.

And if they did, your car would be one of the last ones to be delivered. Dodge has stated anyone that charges above MSRP will get their orders last.

They are getting around that now too but getting them in and sending them to auctions.