2017 College Football Thread

o0n8

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my playoff 4 as of today

1) Georgia - One of the best wins of the year against ND and dominant in every other game

2) Alabama - Haven't beaten anyone with a pulse but it's Bama and their undefeated.

3) Notre Dame - I HATE THEM. But I have to give respect where it's due. Lots of quality wins with their only loss being by 1 point against my #1 team.

4) Ohio State - 1 loss against a top 10 team but make up for that with dominating wins and a great win against what was the #2 team in the country. They control their own destiny.

Just outside

5) Clemson - 1 bad loss but a few really good wins. They pass the eye test

6) Oklahoma - One of the best wins in the country and their 1 loss isn't looking too bad now.

7) Penn State - A few good wins but their 1 point loss against the Buckeyes will likely keep them on the outside looking in unless something dramatic happens at the top.

8) Wisconsin - Literally 0 quality wins so far but if they win out and beat the B1G East champ (likely OSU) they'll be a lock to get in.

9) Miami - Literally 0 quality wins but if they win out and beat likely Clemson in the ACC CG, they'll be a lock.

10) TCU - Some good wins on their schedule, but they'll need to win out and win the B12 CG to have a shot at getting in.

I actually really like this assessment. Well said.

I do not understand how people have Clemson in the top four right now. OSU is deserving of the number 4 slot ahead of Clemson.

I actually really like this assessment. Well said.

What I hope happens tonight is the committee puts Ohio State outside of the top 4. I know I can't be alone here Buckeye fans, right? At this point, we probably don't deserve a top 4 ranking and we have a young team that I believe could get complacent if enough people pat them on the back and tell them how good they are. I think one way that could happen is placing us in the top 4 and we lose our edge. We have been playing with an intensity and sense of purpose since the OU loss. I want us to be on the outside looking in, so our guys feel like they still need to earn it.

Georgia

Bama

Notre Dame

Clemson

Oklahoma

Buckeyes

Penn st

TCU

Wisconsin

Miami

I'm ok with this. Is Clemson really deserving of the 4th spot after losing to Syracuse? Committee must have thought that they only lost due to their starting qb going down early in the game. Should that matter? Not really, but it does. Just keep winning and you are in. Simple as that. The regular season is the first portion of the playoffs anyway.

Seeing Ohio St behind Oklahoma is kinda troublesome for.you buckeye fans. If Oklahoma wins out they would have beat OK st which is ranked, TCU which is ranked, WV and TCU or OK st in big 12 championship. That's impressive.

They are already valuing Notre dame and they have ranked games coming up.

The buckeyes have a garbage ranked sporty team left on their schedule. No other ranked teams. Wisconsin is trash and over ranked and beating them to win b1g won't mean much other then conference championship. You better hope ND or Clemson or Oklahoma loses otherwise you will be left out

What I hope happens tonight is the committee puts Ohio State outside of the top 4. I know I can't be alone here Buckeye fans, right? At this point, we probably don't deserve a top 4 ranking and we have a young team that I believe could get complacent if enough people pat them on the back and tell them how good they are. I think one way that could happen is placing us in the top 4 and we lose our edge. We have been playing with an intensity and sense of purpose since the OU loss. I want us to be on the outside looking in, so our guys feel like they still need to earn it.

I'm totally fine with that and agree.

Seeing Ohio St behind Oklahoma is kinda troublesome for.you buckeye fans. If Oklahoma wins out they would have beat OK st which is ranked, TCU which is ranked, WV and TCU or OK st in big 12 championship. That's impressive.

They are already valuing Notre dame and they have ranked games coming up.

The buckeyes have a garbage ranked sporty team left on their schedule. No other ranked teams. Wisconsin is trash and over ranked and beating them to win b1g won't mean much other then conference championship. You better hope ND or Clemson or Oklahoma loses otherwise you will be left out

I legit can't even take you seriously anymore. :lol:

Such a troll. Wisconsin is garbage, over ranked, and beating them will mean nothing? However, OK St and TCU (who have both lost) would be better wins? Get the F out of here.

The SEC goes

Georgia

Alabama

Auburn

Everyone else

Wisconsin is trash. They play big 10 bottom feeders. They are over valued. As soon as they play anybody with a pulse they will lose.

Have you not looked at your schedule? You have not played a team in upper half of the conference. FFS you play Mercer in 3 weeks! Talk about a cupcake schedule.

Bama will show their true colors being able to end the season playing 4 top 15 teams prior the CFP if they hold up.

Alabama's schedule

Florida State (2-5)

Fresno State (5-3)

Colorado State (6-3)

Vanderbilt (3-5)

Texas A&M (5-3)

Arkansas (3-5)

Tennessee (3-5)

The best win so far for Alabama is Texas A&M who has received 4 votes in the coaches poll. Alabama won that came 27-19. Color me not impressed... Why are we supposed to "assume" Alabama is this world beater of a team? If we are supposed to subjectively look at these teams from an unbiased standpoint starting a clean slate each year, why isn't Alabama down there with Miami and Wisconsin at the back end of the top 10? Why do we make special rules for them? It's like the committee sets it up for Alabama and Georgia to both make the playoff as long as they both go undefeated and play a close game in the SEC CG. That's bullshit. The committee picks and chooses it's criteria differently for each team.

Georgia is the best team in the SEC and will skull fuck Bama in the title game

That would be majestic.

And guys, seriously, read my posts the last few pages. Lauren is one of the most biased people I've ever held a discussion with on this topic. Him and my buddy who is a PSU fan. No matter what, they're best. If your schedule is tougher than theirs, it's not. If you beat them it's a fluke. Same ol tune. Lol. It's asinine how one sided/jaded he is.

This season is set up to be very interesting as long as the good teams keep winning. Nightmare scenario for the Commitee would be:

- Ohio St, Penn St wins out, Wisky only loses to Buckeyes in Big Ten CC = 1 loss Big Ten champ, two other highly ranked Big ten teams with one loss

- Notre Dame wins out. Only loss is to GA, by one point. Very strong schedule.

- Clemson wins out = one loss (albeit a bad one) conf champ.

- Oklahoma wins out = one loss (not SO bad, now) conf champ.

- GA and Bama win out, face each other in CC game...does it even matter who loses? I suppose if one of them blows out the other, then maybe.

So, you finish the season with ONE undefeated conference champ (who is basically a lock), and FIVE one loss teams with a legitimate argument to take one of the three remaining final four spots. There is every chance that THREE of the power five conferences will be left out.

That being said, I think more teams lose before that happens and this shakes out...but it's interesting.

Why are we supposed to "assume" Alabama is this world beater of a team? If we are supposed to subjectively look at these teams from an unbiased standpoint starting a clean slate each year, why isn't Alabama down there with Miami and Wisconsin at the back end of the top 10? Why do we make special rules for them? It's like the committee sets it up for Alabama and Georgia to both make the playoff as long as they both go undefeated and play a close game in the SEC CG. That's bullshit. The committee picks and chooses it's criteria differently for each team.

Man has a point.

This season is set up to be very interesting as long as the good teams keep winning. Nightmare scenario for the Commitee would be:

- Ohio St, Penn St wins out, Wisky only loses to Buckeyes in Big Ten CC = 1 loss Big Ten champ, two other highly ranked Big ten teams with one loss

- Notre Dame wins out. Only loss is to GA, by one point. Very strong schedule.

- Clemson wins out = one loss (albeit a bad one) conf champ.

- Oklahoma wins out = one loss (not SO bad, now) conf champ.

- GA and Bama win out, face each other in CC game...does it even matter who loses? I suppose if one of them blows out the other, then maybe.

So, you finish the season with ONE undefeated conference champ (who is basically a lock), and FIVE one loss teams with a legitimate argument to take one of the three remaining final four spots. There is every chance that THREE of the power five conferences will be left out.

That being said, I think more teams lose before that happens and this shakes out...but it's interesting.

In that scenario it would be...

SEC Winner

Notre Dame

Clemson

Oklahoma