The "old Man" Galant VR-4 stretching its legs.

coltboostin

If only those of us running the 6G72 VR4 had such ease of making crazy power :( Can not begin to tell you how annoying it is that the "little brother" is capable of incredible increases for cheap and also not breaking things left and right. First time I got walked by an Evo8 with nothing but a boost controller exhaust and a tune... was a serious kick in the plums.

To answer the last few Qs

Manely/Weisco motor. Stockish head-comp springs, stock intake cam with HKS 264 exhaust cam (what I has laying around) JMF top mount and IC, OG GT35r, twin disc,1200cc, AEM 380lph mid 30s boost. Considering what I have beat its prob a mid maybe high 130s trap speed car as it sits. Fuel is E50

Its just the right combo to be a very fun reliable street car :)

If only those of us running the 6G72 VR4 had such ease of making crazy power :( Can not begin to tell you how annoying it is that the "little brother" is capable of incredible increases for cheap and also not breaking things left and right. First time I got walked by an Evo8 with nothing but a boost controller exhaust and a tune... was a serious kick in the plums.

I think the 6G is a great engine-your are just hindered by weight and overly long gearing!

high 130's is well into 600awhp isn't it? I think calculations had my 131.75mph at an average of 525awhp down the entirety of the track.

Yes. I would expect it to be around 600 dynojet whp as it sits. It made 598 whp at less boost with a chipped compressor wheel when I tuned it for the previous owner.

And using Average HP for a small 4 banger, 5 speed turbo car is never going to be accurate. Its not an electric car lol. This combo in a RWD car with a Glide would go 9s. It is what it is!

Did you degree the cams, or just toss them in straight up?

Drop in straight up.

Not gonna lie.....I love that car.

I remember getting smoked by one back in the day when I had my 97' GTP and wondering how quick it really was. Even back then I'm sure the guy had it modded well.

Even with a stock 14b you can easily be in the 12s, which should easily walk an average GTP ;)

Even with a stock 14b you can easily be in the 12s, which should easily walk an average GTP ;)

No doubt. Best my girl did back then when this happened was mid 14's and he kicked me backward from the dig and then proceeded to continue walking me. It was a good death. :)