The "old Man" Galant VR-4 stretching its legs.

coltboostin

Old man has a old school 35r set up on a stock intake manifold and cam! Likely a good 60-70hp minimum up top to be gained on a cam intake manifold.

Hellcat with an Intake and Tune- this was DEEP in 5th- 170mph+ range

Old Man was chase car, ended up freight training the Evo. Evo was on mid 30s boost Made 630whp on Buschurs dyno

Very temped to toss a cam and intake on the car, but its so reliable I hesitate it mess with the juju. I also want to finish the Colt and get some passes in before the snow flies!

When they're gone I hope they stay gone. The evo on the other hand....

In terms of the "DSM itch", having an Evo is like getting AIDS from Anal instead of the Vajaje. You still got AIDS playa! LOL

Mmmm....VR4. Me Rikey. I wish my 7th gen had been a VR4.

I honestly got it with intentions to move it, but I really like the car. I have gotten more questions/compliments on this car than most any other I have owned. The historical tag alone sparks conversations. Running with modded hellcats brings the rest. ;)

True story. Wish I could see these poor rods with the black singing at 38ish. If I keep it up I may see what's left of them I guess.

I calibrated a car for Erik W (admittedly the car was already pretty close-just turned up cleaned up fuel and added timing) to 41psi on a BONE stock bottom end. He is chasing 9s, and has run a handful of 10.0's @ mid 140s. Im not saying it will last forever, but I am saying if you keep the torque low on the hit you can get away with a lot. :)

Jesus. Did JP buy every mirage for sale in Columbus on craigslist? Not a single one for sale. lol

LOL! Not me but I always try to be a bad influence on other people's decisions. :).

Fucking love it. Roll out on a modded hellcat....haha :gabe:

I think I may turn it up one click since all the Hellcat guys up here are looking for revenge. :p

Evo8 wheels on a Galant VR-4 = teh sexors. :megusta:

Yes its kind for perfect. No spacers or anything. it does ride a little "high" but the ride is just so nice on this car, I have no interest in lowering it. I'll take the hit in scene points!

This car is awesome. Always wanted one. Let me know if you ever decide to sell.

Everything is for sale! this one won't be cheap tho. ;) PM if your interested.

I agree that you should definitely try to keep this one.

Though, $6500 does sound like a good price to part ways with it :gabe:

I couldn't sell this one that cheap unless something needed fixed. Its honestly too nice! Its likely the nicest non-new car I've ever owned.

Similar ones in terms of mods/fit/finish sell for 11-13k+ on the forums but that's obviously between enthusiast who may be willing to overpay. I would not expect that much out of it-but it would be a little more than 6500. ;)

I couldn't sell this one that cheap unless something needed fixed. Its honestly too nice! Its likely the nicest non-new car I've ever owned.

Similar ones in terms of mods/fit/finish sell for 11-13k+ on the forums but that's obviously between enthusiast who may be willing to overpay. I would not expect that much out of it-but it would be a little more than 6500. ;)

I bought my EVO8 with 49k miles, for 13k 4-5 years ago, and clean VR4s at the time were the same money. It's crazy what some of those sell for.

Although at this point in time, I would much rather have a VR4. Evos have not aged well.....

I bought my EVO8 with 49k miles, for 13k 4-5 years ago, and clean VR4s at the time were the same money. It's crazy what some of those sell for. Although at this point in time, I would much rather have a VR4. Evos have not aged well.....

Yeah I was shocked when i looked to price it well. Its not like "hopes and dreams" prices for DSMs, people actually pay for the GVR4s. But it is still a niche market I get that. I don't know if I would sit on the car for 4-5 months in the hopes someone pays a big $ for the car. And I still see decent Evos going for the 10-12k range, and others asking 30+

Where were these pics taken, and how does it compare to other similar cars? I know nothing about dsm.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

These where taken at the DSMshootout. Top 2 by someone else and the bottom with my Cell in the parking lot.

As for your second question Im not too sure specifically what you mean? Compared to other VR4s Id say its much faster, and cleaner than average. Compared to DSMs- the VR4 was a limited production number car. 2000 in 91, 1000 in 92 so they are more rare and desirable on paper.

IMG_20170602_113629993-X3.jpg