New Toy: BMW 335i

Zx2guy19

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 5 has cold weather and sport back- not sure if its the same in the 3 but its easy to tell heated steering wheel and seats.

Does it have sport seats or did it come with the OE sport wheels?

The seats feel pretty hard, so I'm going to guess they aren't leather. Although the cracking does show white. They are sport seats for sure, as I am 6 foot 185 and barely fit in them lol. I'm not sure if the wheels they came with are sport or not, but they look like this:

https://www.wheelership.com/brand-new-18-x-8-replacement-wheel-for-bmw-2006-2010-rim-59586.html?blah&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9afOBRDWARIsAJW4nvw_MhUEFU8ppoOR72DBZ6G0WUwj1AuESopou-EUWKlRPxhKei0u6oEaAnqPEALw_wcB

This thing is burning a ton of oil, almost to the point where I may stop driving it until turbo replacement on November 3rd (I'll be out of town for 2 weeks in October anyway). But damn it's fun.

Just ordered some good shit:

RB Ones (TD03L-9 Blade Turbine with 14T Billet Compressor)

RB USA Made Billet High Heat Anti-wear match wastegate upgrade

RB High Flow Silicone OEM Style Inlets

RB Basic Install Gasket Kit

RB PCV Valve

RB PCV Screw-On Cap

OEM Vent Hose

Should put me close to 500whp.

RB PCV Valve

RB PCV Screw-On Cap

OEM Vent Hose

So... the stock bottom end can handle that much power? How many pounds of boost? and what are you going to use for engine management?

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about these vehicles, before this thread I thought they all had a straight 6 of some sort.

So... the stock bottom end can handle that much power? How many pounds of boost? and what are you going to use for engine management?

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about these vehicles, before this thread I thought they all had a straight 6 of some sort.

She'll take it. Probably 15lbs of boost on the right sized turbo for 500hp. He's going to need a safe tune and to add fuel as well to get there.

Yeah, everything I've read is that 550-600 is the threshold. I'm running a JB4 which will be able to control all this stuff. It should be around 15 psi.

yeah the bottom end can take it, the trans might take it as well. Where the breakage will start is with either the dual mass flywheel on stick cars (they cracked in 5% of stock cars anyway) and the guibo in the diff. If it was an xi AWD car I would be worried about the transfer case too but I don't think it is.

Almost all of them have a I6, The only exceptions for the E90 body style being a turbo 4cyl in the 320i and the M3 which uses a v8, neither of which we are talking about here. The turbo engine we are talking about in this 335i is an N54: a 3.0L I6 with twin turbos. It's based off the same workhorse M54 engine BMW stuck in nearly everything from 2000-2006. It runs two small parallel turbos making 8psi, cast into the exhaust manifold, one feeding the front back of 3 cylinders, one feeding the rear 3 cylinders. It is not a compound or sequential setup - 1 turbo feeds 3 cyls independently. I am pretty sure the later N55 engine uses a single turbo (2009 and up). I don't think the engine even uses forged pistons, but it's a pretty stout block/crank.

Ha, well fuck me. Perhaps I should start saving for a flywheel/clutch combo.

To be clear, I have zero intention of going any further on this car. It NEEDS turbos, otherwise I wouldn't even be doing this.

I am also going to do front breaks and some suspension replacements while we're in there. Otherwise, I am going to just enjoy this car as is.

She'll take it. Probably 15lbs of boost on the right sized turbo for 500hp. He's going to need a safe tune and to add fuel as well to get there.

These cars easily support that. Stock bottom end right now is in the 700's.

Using jb4( which you will be changing) on map 5 with a e85 30% mix will be about 18-21 psi. The thing will scoot.

You are on your own when it cones time for clutch and flywheel I'm out. Turbos and oil pan gasket is where I draw the line lol

RB PCV Valve

RB PCV Screw-On Cap

OEM Vent Hose

I've never priced this combo - what sort of parts cost is wrapped up in the mods above?

I've never priced this combo - what sort of parts cost is wrapped up in the mods above?

This was a "special deal" if I paid by check. Basically the owner of RB Turbo called me and told me how bad it sucks for them to take credit cards, so he gave this all to me for $2,150 shipped.

Good find!

Is there an easy way to tell if it has already been chipped/flashed? Cheap boost gauge maybe?

Can you check the dealer history to see when/if the injectors/high pressure fuel pump have been replaced?

Subscribed to hear how aftermarket turbo replacement goes.

Def intrigued with the AWD 3/5 cars as a replacement to our trusty 2nd Gen Acura RL more ballz but without the reliability.

This was a "special deal" if I paid by check. Basically the owner of RB Turbo called me and told me how bad it sucks for them to take credit cards, so he gave this all to me for $2,150 shipped.

also how much it sucks you can no longer do a charge back on your card if they fuck you over. Sorry no offence but if they ever told me to pay by check because it sucks for them to take a card id tell them to pound sand. Pay with credit card since its the banks money and if they are out the money they are more apt to get it back since it benefits them. Also you can get points for your purchases so it ends up costing less.

I've always considered buying one of these cars, but would need one with less miles and a warranty---I'm just not up for this kind of work at this point in my life. sounds like a good deal IF...............

nothing else brakes!!! its a roll of the dice though. interested to see how this pans out

and never pay check for car parts from a company that says "we hate credit cards" its a red flag, and they lure you in by giving you a great deal. hope they don't screw you

Good find!

Is there an easy way to tell if it has already been chipped/flashed? Cheap boost gauge maybe?

Can you check the dealer history to see when/if the injectors/high pressure fuel pump have been replaced?

Subscribed to hear how aftermarket turbo replacement goes.

Def intrigued with the AWD 3/5 cars as a replacement to our trusty 2nd Gen Acura RL more ballz but without the reliability.

Unless it was reported to carfax no way to check without paperwork from dealer. Injectors are fine it's the hpfp that needs replacement with the updated version

Unless it was reported to carfax no way to check without paperwork from dealer. Injectors are fine it's the hpfp that needs replacement with the updated version

You can't run a vin at BMW for service history? That's conveniently hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk