Kia Stinger

RC K9

Great video and a cool car that can hold it's own. The downside IMO is that it's proving to be a car for those that can't afford the others. Nothing wrong with that mind you but lets face it, there's more to sheer numbers when it comes to rolling up in a $90k German Sedan vs a $50k Kia. What's with them testing it against the entry level Porsche too? Dude, at least make it apples to apples and put a twin turbo up against a twin turbo.

I wish them luck as it's rolling the dice on people moving upwards into the car more so than someone cross shopping downward $40k. I think it works for the siblings in the Genesis line up as they created an entirely new Brand Strategy. If anything they should have branded the stinger a Hyundai.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take your point. But gimme $100k, I'd probably still buy the Kia and use the $40k to play with. But that's just the Appalachian hillbilly in me talking.

Haha. A Decade ago it would have been a T/A or Eclipse. Today, it's a Stinger ;)

Saw an orange one today.

I thought it was a Holden at first glance, as there’s a few running around my area. Looks pretty damn good in person for a Kia. The badge on the front is hideous though

Honestly, in Ryan Dream World, I've really been debating whether i'd rather have the Stinger GT2 or a Chebby SS. I like both a lot.

Only 1 that needs it :)

I’m a gm fan boy for sure, I mean hell I currently own a C5, a trailblazer, a Silverado, have a mustang with a lq4 swap in it for god sake

But if you think any Gm product wouldn’t benefit from a 100k warranty your asinine.

If Audi or bmw had a 100k warranty I flat guarantee you people would gladly pay the extra 20k for a new one over a stinger

I was just trying to be funny.

That being said, I am not sold on Kia quality yet. When I was looking for a car for my daughter I was looking at 2007-2010 Kias - there are some terrible things about them - especially the Kappa 2.4 I think. My parents have leased 2 back-tp-back with no issues but I am just not sure I could pull the trigger yet, especially for a new model.

I was just trying to be funny.

That being said, I am not sold on Kia quality yet. When I was looking for a car for my daughter I was looking at 2007-2010 Kias - there are some terrible things about them - especially the Kappa 2.4 I think. My parents have leased 2 back-tp-back with no issues but I am just not sure I could pull the trigger yet, especially for a new model.

Sonata was great with a 2.0t, yea a base base cheap early Kia was garbage but they have came VERY far since the rio and other first gen crap.

Would I buy one??? Probably not a chance however I see why people do for sure

Being friends with a guy that is an awesome mechanic and having worked on everything under the sun for the last decade or so, in his opinion, Kia and Hyundai obliterate pretty much every murican made car in terms of issues vs mileage. I put a lot of stock in his opinion. Not saying its set in stone, but I've had a lot of ridiculous issues with murican vehicles, so my next step would probably be Kia or Hyundai. They have come a LONG way in the last 10-15yrs.

I was just going to post the Doug DeMuro video. I find his videos informational :(

After watching it, it does sound a lot nicer than I thought, I'd like to go check one out in person.

I'm a pretty pro German/European car person, so this is not easy to admit that I've now driven in a co-workers Hyundai Genesis and the interior is actually pretty damn nice. It's solid, like German solid. I'm sure the fact that they poached a bunch of ex Audi designer/engineers helps.

My GF bought a Sonata a couple years ago, against my recommendation. It's not too shabby in the interior quality and features/options department for the price. Same goes for my buddy's GF's Kia Optima.

So with all those things considered, it doesn't sound like a bad car. Would I buy one? Fuck no! I saw an article in some car magazine in a waiting room last week where it was kind of comparing it to a e36 M3, B5 S4 and MB 190e...ha!

I'm a pretty pro German/European car person, so this is not easy to admit that I've now driven in a co-workers Hyundai Genesis and the interior is actually pretty damn nice. It's solid, like German solid. I'm sure the fact that they poached a bunch of ex Audi designer/engineers helps.

Agree. I have money on the fact that the G70 will outsell and steal business from the Stinger. Nicer car, better image in the industry and honestly, a way way better looking car inside and out. I would own one in a heartbeat. IMO the miss they had was it and the Stinger should have crossed the 400hp mark. Why they held back from that is beyond me.