Anyone into bitcoins?

Jewtoys

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point as long as you aren't selling it's just paper losses. Bought back in last night which draws down my average purchase price per coin. Strapped in for things to come in 2018!

You know it’ll only going up. May have to wait after Chinese New Year, but it’ll only go up.

Black Friday sales people lined up buy cheap stuffs that’ll worth nothing in a year. Stocks/Bitcoin go on 50% sale and people scattered. “Fortune favored the braves”

Good luck guys. Let’s ride this train!!

• 2 weeks later...
So the guys who are sticking with it, when do you think it's going to rebound? One of my co-workers who's heavy into it thinks Feb-March time frame and says now's the time to mine. I don't understand enough about it to say or not. With the ridiculously inflated costs of video cards right now, I'd have to say he's not alone in that thought process.

So the guys who are sticking with it, when do you think it's going to rebound? One of my co-workers who's heavy into it thinks Feb-March time frame and says now's the time to mine.

Lots of "investors" got lucky on crypto and have confused that luck with some sort of skill at predicting random events. If there was any solid reason to think that it was going to rebound in Feb/Mar, or rebound at all in the near future, then it would be rebounding right now.

Except that good stocks (and equity-based investments, like Mutual Funds and ETFs) pay dividends. It's the true benefit for the long game; receiving income while maintaining a position.

Well, you DRIP the dividends until you need to income, that's the true long game.

Your problem is at this point the product has gone main stream and its no longer for those "in the know". I know more people than I care to think about who not only jumped in up near the roof but also got into the Binance platform and played around with it moving money in all sorts of directions just because it was a new thing and they essentially couldn't lose.

Now the initial investment boom which was pushing us through the late fall/early winter is gone, people are back peddling and waiting. BC and other coins have barely moved for months even YEARS at a time before something rekindles the flame and away we go again. Hopefully people aren't resting large sums in these right now that they have to count on, would NOT be a very comfortable position to be in right now.

In my personal view

Your problem is at this point the product has gone main stream and its no longer for those "in the know". I know more people than I care to think about who not only jumped in up near the roof but also got into the Binance platform and played around with it moving money in all sorts of directions just because it was a new thing and they essentially couldn't lose.

Now the initial investment boom which was pushing us through the late fall/early winter is gone, people are back peddling and waiting. BC and other coins have barely moved for months even YEARS at a time before something rekindles the flame and away we go again. Hopefully people aren't resting large sums in these right now that they have to count on, would NOT be a very comfortable position to be in right now.

In my personal view

agreed.... I have a few hundred in it, but that's just because whenever I think about it, I'll kick on the miner app on my gaming machine and let that bad boy go for few hours. I have 0 dollars invested in BTC it but I'll let my PC make me a few bucks from time to time. pssshhhh why do I need dual 1080's in my gaming machine? Because I can play games on ultra settings and I can make some BTC lol.

Im not really interested in the whole crypto coin deal but while im not using my two desktops ive got them mining. So far its looking like its pulling in $150 a month after considering the extra power consumption. ive got both cards down clocked a bit and since they are watercooled its not causing much extra wear on the cards. IIRC while mining the GPU is staying around 30-32c under full load which is not bad at all

I’m glad I got out when I did. The thing that scared me was the amount of people betting up during the Nov-Dec. Somebody has to loose, and sure enough not the house. I still have faith in BTC. $15k was cheap, $10k was a bargain, $9k is going back in time, but if you have patience I think I’ll dip into $8xxx. I’ll buy again at that price. I’m only interested in BTC.

Well, that didn’t take long. I got back in at $8600. Let’s see how far this train will take us

Entertain us all with how much invested when you “got in at $8600”. Everybody in here talks about investing money here n there and chirping up “riding it out” “dumping everything” and for some reason I just picture some dilberts on here spending $42 and thinking they’re the new wolf on wall street when they make an .08ct profit.

Well, that didn’t take long. I got back in at $8600. Let’s see how far this train will take us

Back in as well...

This is turning into a short term addiction...

Entertain us all with how much invested when you “got in at $8600”. Everybody in here talks about investing money here n there and chirping up “riding it out” “dumping everything” and for some reason I just picture some dilberts on here spending $42 and thinking they’re the new wolf on wall street when they make an .08ct profit.

Right under 50k this round.

LOL. "I'm going ALL IN, boys! #bitcoinbros #newmillionaire":fuckyeah:

"uhh, Coinbase? Can you guys break a $20?":no:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-01/crypto-purchases-boosting-mastercard-customer-spending-cfo-says

People buying so much Crypto on credit cards...wow. Just wow.

Again, I could be wrong - the price fluctuations are so huge on cryptos that maybe well-timed investments through CC purchases could actually generate a profit. But...if that's not still regarded as risky (I'd call that margin trading in 2018 terms) then I no longer know what is.