Anyone into bitcoins?

Jewtoys

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lot of red.

Yep.

You can somewhat tell that a lot of people are on autopilot for the weekend by looking at the bid and offer walls that I've circled. Just a lot of "generic" pricing points for buy/sell.

1ZxMzrt.png

I'm not an expert but made a decent chunk on ETH and LTC by focusing on some pretty basic analysis methods in the past. I haven't done any buying or selling lately, mainly just riding ETH and LTC out until I feel like its too risky (I think I'm nearing that point)

I may cash out and get into ETC and wait for it to catch up to ETH over time since it is basically just the little brother to ETH. Doubtful it will go down with BTC when it comes back down which WILL drag ETH down with it. Seems like the lower priced crypto's fare better when the market drops out anyways IMO

However I will also say I got lucky on ETH and really only bought it because the name sounded cool at the time and I wanted to get into something that wasn't bitcoin but was a cryptocurrency.

It was similar to when I started buying NVDA back in 12-15. I mainly just liked the company and wanted to own a small piece, started buying a few shares a month and never expected them to do what they have

".... at the very least it looks fun to play the market even if you don't make any money, its such a roller-coaster..."

And if by fun you mean slightly terrifying and you will be obsessively checking your phone every 15 minutes to see if your investment has doubled or disappeared ;)

In all seriousness, had a couple of friends get in lately on the $500-$1000 range just to be "in the market" and each of them is constantly checking values and movements. Not being tied to any REAL WORLD activity makes predicting/playing this stuff more of a spray and pray kind of investing than anything. So far though, the prayers have been answered handsomely!

And if by fun you mean slightly terrifying and you will be obsessively checking your phone every 15 minutes to see if your investment has doubled or disappeared ;)

In all seriousness, had a couple of friends get in lately on the $500-$1000 range just to be "in the market" and each of them is constantly checking values and movements. Not being tied to any REAL WORLD activity makes predicting/playing this stuff more of a spray and pray kind of investing than anything. So far though, the prayers have been answered handsomely!

Yeah, I have had to just limit myself to checking 1-2 times a day. The first day I bought it I probably checked 15-20 times, but since mine is still pending (through this Saturday), I can't do shit anyways.

LC is doing great- I bought that at $144 (I kept saying "when it goes down to $125 I'll get it" and finally bit the bullet at $144 like a jackass. I'll hold that for a year.

I think I am going to sell my BC as soon as it clears, regardless of price. I just don't trust it as much as LC.

https://www.coindesk.com/ubs-launch-live-ethereum-platform-barclays-credit-suisse/

Curious if this may make Cryptocurrencies a little more palatable for the "traditional" banking industry...

"Just in time for the implementation of stringent new regulatory requirements, some of the largest banks in the world have revealed a pilot designed to simplify compliance using ethereum.

Described internally as the Massive Autonomous Distributed Reconciliation platform, or Madrec for short, the project led by Swiss banking giant UBS, with help from Barclays, Credit Suisse, KBC, SIX and Thomson Reuters, is designed to make it easier for banks to reconcile a wide range of data about their counterparties.

Traditionally, regulated firms use what are called "legal entity identifiers" that are stored in a global data system to execute transactions on behalf of clients, even if those clients themselves don't have one of the codes. But as part of a sweeping regulatory change called the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) II, scheduled to go live in the EU on Jan. 3, 2018, all eligible legal entities will be required to have and use these codes."

https://www.coindesk.com/ubs-launch-live-ethereum-platform-barclays-credit-suisse/

Curious if this may make Cryptocurrencies a little more palatable for the "traditional" banking industry...

"Just in time for the implementation of stringent new regulatory requirements, some of the largest banks in the world have revealed a pilot designed to simplify compliance using ethereum.

Described internally as the Massive Autonomous Distributed Reconciliation platform, or Madrec for short, the project led by Swiss banking giant UBS, with help from Barclays, Credit Suisse, KBC, SIX and Thomson Reuters, is designed to make it easier for banks to reconcile a wide range of data about their counterparties.

Traditionally, regulated firms use what are called "legal entity identifiers" that are stored in a global data system to execute transactions on behalf of clients, even if those clients themselves don't have one of the codes. But as part of a sweeping regulatory change called the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) II, scheduled to go live in the EU on Jan. 3, 2018, all eligible legal entities will be required to have and use these codes."

Sometimes last week I saw an interview with UBS CEO, and he was very against the crypto currencies moments, now this. Bunch of freaking crooks. I wonder how much did he and his fellows bought in over the weekend.

Anyone hear about the Bulgaria deal...Apparently they seized some large amount of BTC and are readying liquidation to settle their ND...

This one?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt.com/business/412700-bulgaria-shocked-bitcoin-piles/amp/

Another dip coming soon😜, or some would call “crash”

Unfortunately I only bought a little more then one coin of litecoin at 60.00 and ethereum at 340.00. I did it just to do it. I would not of thought it would be doing this.

Litecoin now at $389. I only bought $500 but still have 3.4 coins. If it goes back to low $300's I'm buying more.

Hell of an evening/overnight run, east coast woke up and sold enjoying their 400% profit. Bit of a dip and lul for now and we'll see what happens?

Seriously question, why sell? 400% profit is no joke, but it's went from $180 to $410 in 24 hours. Why not ride it out? I'm new to this, so asking to learn, not to be a dick.

You have a couple different threads of investment thought really. Firstly, why be greedy? A 400% profit in a short period of time is, essentially other than crypto, completely unheard of. Take your profits, do a victory dance, and use those monies to pay of debt/bills/whatever. Secondly, yes over the last few weeks we have seen incredible explosions in value and as long as you have money in the game that won't negatively effect your life if it's gone you can let it ride. Thirdly, the idea is "Sell at peaks, buy in troughs" so if it peeked at $410, sell, ride it down to $350 or so, and buy back in. As it goes back up you've now added even more profitability to your investment.