Anyone into bitcoins?

Jewtoys

Just keep trying with coinbase. I was having issues this morning too, maybe wait until night when the people start going to bed here in the u.s.

P.S. just setup Coinbase, I wouldn't buy right now. There is a big dip coming up, buy then. "When is this dip happening?" Who the fuck knows...

P.P.S. talk your friends and family to get it. The value goes up when more people are involved.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even in the descriptions of how to Mine, it states that you are LITERALLY creating "bitcoin" out of thin air.

People are manic and frantic about the price, of, nothing. Insanity.

It is insanity. As one of the absolute fucking idiots that bought $40 worth of bitcoins back in the day and sold it because I didn't think they would be worth anything, you never know if this is still in the infant stages or if it's peaked already.

Just keep trying with coinbase. I was having issues this morning too, maybe wait until night when the people start going to bed here in the u.s.

P.S. just setup Coinbase, I wouldn't buy right now. There is a big dip coming up, buy then. "When is this dip happening?" Who the fuck knows...

That's what I took from your other post... thanks for the info.

Just wanted to reiterate. There is a lot of FOMO (fear of missing out) going on.

Exactly what I'm trying to explain to the people around me, RARELY does it make sense to buy when the bull is still charging unless you are banking on this thing going from $11,000 to $20,000 in the reasonably near future. Can never make decisions for others but right now for those who are holding is... cash out now take your greater than 75% gain in a month... or keep on riding until there's a sign the Bull is running out of steam.

You can also trade Bitcoin thru the normal channels (TD, ameritrade, scottrade,...) by the symbol GBTC.

If you trade thru Coinbase you’ll loose a lot of money due to the 1.49% fee. Scottrade only $7.00 per trade.

What are the tax implications of doing it through a brokerage? Part of the appeal of BitCoin or any other online currency is it's essentially a "hidden income" until such time as it's converted into US currency and moved "on shore"

What are the tax implications of doing it through a brokerage? Part of the appeal of BitCoin or any other online currency is it's essentially a "hidden income" until such time as it's converted into US currency and moved "on shore"

its taxable income if in a taxable brokerage account. In a Roth IRA it would be exempt.

its taxable income if in a taxable brokerage account. In a Roth IRA it would be exempt.

Exactly, you also don't have nearly the "lightning quick" trades you do when doing it directly through the exchange. Many of those brokerage accounts have a lag that can be anything from an hour to E.O.B.D. which in the world of Bitcoins can be yuge

Part of the appeal of this type of thing is you are going outside the standard banking structure and have little in the way of tax application until you choose to make things available in liquid cash.

Part B to this question. And did they recommend it at the beginning of this year?

I was talking to my gym's owner yesterday. He said he asked his financial advisor about Bitcoin back in 2012-13ish. He said he advisor looked at him like he had 3 heads.