How do YOU unwind after the day?

Franchi

I spend my morning and early afternoons with my kids so when I get home at night the nanny has already put them to bed. I usually don't get home til 830/9 pm. At that point I grab a can of carbonated water since I don't drink and I troll the football thread and try to find good deals on cars on CL or fb while watching some stupid HGTV show.

If I have a car project I'll come home and wrench for a couple hours to destress

Squeeze some fun/flirting/enjoyment in throughout the day, EVERY day even if it's just a few minutes here and there. Break up the every day bullshit with something that puts a smile on your face and the needing to "unwind" pretty much goes out the window if you aren't "wound" in the first place.

I spend most of my day climbing trees for work. Once I get off I take my dog out so he can get his energy out. I then take off to the climbing gym for an hour or two of climbing then an hour or two of weights and training. If it's climbing season I go to the gym 2 times a week and head to Kentucky to climb for the weekend. If it's not climbing season (summer) then I'm at the gym 5 days a week.

I'll usually take a lady out once or twice a week for more unwinding.

Haven't had too much free time, however, things are changing. My daughter is a senior in high school this year so just about to be an empty nester thus I might have some free time. Up until now, cars&coffee was the one thing I enjoyed as free time. During the work days, I will hit the gym for both a mental and physical break. During the summer, I do enjoy the swimming pool with a drink or two.

I have two cars and half cars that need to be finished, so that will ramp up after high school graduation this spring. Still have the rental property and size business on top of my full time job, but I will find some time to exercise the car hobby.

Unwinding doesn't really happen, I guess. There is always something I find to do. I don't watch TV. I loved playing Xbox live with people, 5+ years ago. But now, I just see TV as a waste of time, when I could be working on something. Buying a house 5 years ago, has me enjoying the progress on projects and completing them, and that feeling is my reward, which relaxes me. Probably not what you are looking for.

I will say, when the weather is warm, I fish as often as I can. In the Fall, I hunt. Being out doors has been the balance for me. I guess that's all it comes down to, what's the balance for you?

Wake up 5AM, clean, respond to emails/IG/Facebook

Day job 7AM-5PM everyday.

Get home, make dinner, then PetrolBox stuff until about 8PM. Then relax with my son watching Netflix/Hulu/YouTube.

Weekends are typically made of car shows/events/meets, packing PetrolBoxes, and house cleaning.

Lately it seems my only relax time is 8PM-9:30ish.

During winter, I don't unwind, I'm on full work mode 5:30am- 11pm 5 days a week, weekends its usually 8am till 1am

Summertime is different, I've now made myself cut back almost entirely on my side work to enjoy the warmer months. Work my normal day job, Them I ride my motorcycles, hang out with the wife and dogs, go boating, or whatever.

Unwinding doesn't really happen, I guess. There is always something I find to do. I don't watch TV. I loved playing Xbox live with people, 5+ years ago. But now, I just see TV as a waste of time, when I could be working on something. Buying a house 5 years ago, has me enjoying the progress on projects and completing them, and that feeling is my reward, which relaxes me. Probably not what you are looking for.

I will say, when the weather is warm, I fish as often as I can. In the Fall, I hunt. Being out doors has been the balance for me. I guess that's all it comes down to, what's the balance for you?

Couldn't agree with you more. Even completing little projects I get a huge sense of satisfaction. Since we moved into this house 5 months ago the masterbedroom door has never closed correctly and thus wouldn't lock. Not a huge deal but it annoyed me every night when I shut the bedroom door. Finally tonight i got the tool box out and fixed it. Boom, done, finally. No more feeling annoyed until I find something else that becomes my newest pet peeve.

As for relaxing, I work late every night so I usually take a shower, then try some simple breathing exercises while laying in bed. This may sound dumb but I think of it as "breathing out the day", after that its time to recharge and start a new one. Sometimes I pray, sometimes I just think about the day. I try to stay off my phone or away from any screen up until bed.

Finally got moved into a new house. Wife works fulltime, we got two little girls, I'm starting an IT business from the ground up so I work from like 6:30am to around midnight but in between I switch up things and do stuff with the girls. I don't really ever unwind, I just switch modes I guess. LOL if I do ever get to do the unwind thing, its usually watching some Star Trek or hanging out on the beach or in a hot tub.

Usually get on PUBG or another PC game for 2-3 hours, browse real estate listings for 30 minutes, sip a beer or two during this. Typically get off PC and head to the couch around this time and read a book or watch a movie until 6am-ish then get 6 hours of sleep and head back into work