Favorite Car You've Owned

BStowers023

What's your all-time favorite car you've ever owned? And why?

Mine was my 02 WS6. Bought it 100% bone stock from a 1 owner with low miles, everything done to the car was what I wanted to done so it was almost exactly what I wanted (could always use more power, but now we're getting picky). Everything from the midnight blue paint to the two-tone camel/black interior I loved. I have so many great memories in that car. It was the first car I really got real into street racing with and made some life-long friends while I was in the military and lived in MS because of that car. I've had some pretty nice cars since, but that is the one I will tell my kids/grandkids about.

http://i.imgur.com/8Z49MY8.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caved when gas was over $4/gallon. Just out of grad school, so I bought a new car. Should have bought a beater and kept her.

I'm certain she's dead. Toothless Nelsonvillian bought her with $6500 in twenties so he could "go visit his mom in prison".

CUOdS24l.jpg

qIiSAwnl.jpg

ydJUsO5l.jpg

I miss my Suzuki Samurai.

Seriously, back in the '90s you could get a Sidekick/Tracker, Isuzu Amigo, 1st-gen Kia Sportage or Toyota RAV4, even a Daihatsu Rocky to combat the sea of grumbly YJ Wranglers. But the Samurai was the best little Japanese 4x4. I loved that thing.

The silver '99 GT in my signature. Bought it right out of high school as a graduation present to myself, ordered exactly what I wanted and paid it outright when it showed up at the dealership 6 months later (drug money). Drove it through college and most of my adult days. Drop top in the summer, rumbly V8 under the hood and an absolutely wonderful involved driving experience. Did tons of upgrades over the years with friends on cold garage floors busting knuckles and cursing but building connections.

Stolen from my driveway in February of 2015 when it was warming up before heading to a photoshoot. Found 2 days later in Westerville, guy tried to avoid the police when they followed him off Little Turtle. Took it offroad, and up a damn TREE. Went down to the Impound to pick it up, every panel on it was scratched and dented, tires were almost bald, exhaust was broken and leaking, turned the key and she roared to life. Drove it from the Impound to the shop up 270 with the top down in late Feb enjoying what I knew would be one last drive. Put it on the lift and everything was bent or broken. She was dead. Took my check from insurance and sent her off to be crushed, couldnt stand parting her out myself. Any nice sunny day I will ALWAYS miss that car no matter what else I have to drive.

The silver '99 GT in my signature. Bought it right out of high school as a graduation present to myself, ordered exactly what I wanted and paid it outright when it showed up at the dealership 6 months later (drug money). Drove it through college and most of my adult days. Drop top in the summer, rumbly V8 under the hood and an absolutely wonderful involved driving experience. Did tons of upgrades over the years with friends on cold garage floors busting knuckles and cursing but building connections.

Stolen from my driveway in February of 2015 when it was warming up before heading to a photoshoot. Found 2 days later in Westerville, guy tried to avoid the police when they followed him off Little Turtle. Took it offroad, and up a damn TREE. Went down to the Impound to pick it up, every panel on it was scratched and dented, tires were almost bald, exhaust was broken and leaking, turned the key and she roared to life. Drove it from the Impound to the shop up 270 with the top down in late Feb enjoying what I knew would be one last drive. Put it on the lift and everything was bent or broken. She was dead. Took my check from insurance and sent her off to be crushed, couldnt stand parting her out myself. Any nice sunny day I will ALWAYS miss that car no matter what else I have to drive.

Fuckin eh....that about made me tear up.

Sorry didn't mean to the the Debby Downer :) It's one of those things where they money doesn't matter, sure insurance paid me out fairly for what all was done to the car but none of that replaces a car I made my entire formative adult years in. He literally could have stolen anything else I have and it wouldn't have really mattered... that's just STUFF.

The shit end of this story? I'm STILL going to court with this fucking guy and we are very nearly at the 2 year anniversary of it happening. I'll be there every damn court appearance to make sure he understands what he took from me. That was my car a lot of us car guys dream of, the one we drive to car shows (if they still exist) in our later years and talk about buying it new and every adventure it had been through with us.

The CarK.

1985 El Camino bought off of Kenny (rip). It was the first car I ever did any real modifications to. Did an engine and trans swap in my parents garage...nitrous (never sprayed!)...a good amount of suspension and exhaust fabrication...absolutely LOVED the car. Sold it back to Kenny when he asked and he passed a few months after. Tried to buy the car back to finish it in Kenny's memory but couldn't find it only to be told a year or two later that is was 'hidden' away in a barn that collapsed on it crushing it. Sucks.

I'm still kicking around the idea of buying another to recreate the car but I'm stuck because I know it won't be the same.

-Marc

I really like my Camaro, bought it before I even worked on cars, actually my wife bought it for me when we were first married. Learned a ton about modding along the way. I've had it 14 years now so I doubt it'll ever leave.

I really miss the GMC Sonoma I had in high school, met my wife driving it and had many good times cruising around in it. Of course I like my Corvette and get reminded how fun it is every time I drive it.

My overall, all time favorite def would be my 12 F150. I've had a good number of fun cars / toys but they only keep my interest for a couple years usually. And had the truck since new and still just as much enjoyment to drive now. Does everything I need it to do, hauls the whole family easily, def stands out from a crowd with all it's mods, has enough power to get you in trouble if not careful but still stay fun, but doesn't wake the entire neighborhood when it fires up either. :-)

Which is prob why it's stayed around as long as it has and no plans to get rid of it at all in the next 4-5 years.

My first car. Special to me for many reasons but from a guy growing up in the 80's is was definitely the cool factor back then. Sure, other guys has Monte SS's and Knight Rider T/A's but I had 1 of 2500 with the Hurst Shifter, crushed velour and T-Tops. Did I say I love the 80's? :)

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/116953123/original.jpg

Sorry didn't mean to the the Debby Downer :) It's one of those things where they money doesn't matter, sure insurance paid me out fairly for what all was done to the car but none of that replaces a car I made my entire formative adult years in. He literally could have stolen anything else I have and it wouldn't have really mattered... that's just STUFF.

The shit end of this story? I'm STILL going to court with this fucking guy and we are very nearly at the 2 year anniversary of it happening. I'll be there every damn court appearance to make sure he understands what he took from me. That was my car a lot of us car guys dream of, the one we drive to car shows (if they still exist) in our later years and talk about buying it new and every adventure it had been through with us.

I can understand the emotions. Sadly my story is somewhat similar.

My 1998 GT vert. I bought the car my second year of college working my ass off working full time and school full time. Atlantic Blue, 5 spd. I spent many years working on her, it ended up being exactly how I wanted her to be. PI swapped, full suspension, Vortech S trim, sitting on 10th anniversary wheels.

Life happened and I was in need of cash. Money was tight and had to make a decision. She was sold to a friend through work and he took great care of her. A few years went by and he ended up needing to sell her. My wife realized that "Blu" was more than a car. In 2015 she walked in the kitchen with money in an envelope and told me to bring "Blu" home.

6 months later driving home in Blu and get rear ended by a drunk driver at 45 mph while at a stand still. I get out of the car, walk back to see the guy hunched over his wheel. I worked on trying to make sure he's still breathing by forcing his door open and was rewarded to the smell of shit and SoCo. The car was a total loss and I was lucky to have walked away.

I miss that car...

^ That WS6 was beautiful :cool:

The one I miss the most was my '98 Z28 6-speed. Bought it from a CR member, had my fun with it for a while, then sold it to another CR member. Lots of good memories with that car.....

I too miss this car. I Have looked off and on for another the last year or 2. Maybe someday sooner then later.

I miss my old H2 the most out of any car I've owned. Now with three kids that back seat would be ideal. Something about it sitting on 37's, wide as a lane and people just get out of your way. I do not miss $800 a month in gas though LOL.

Second would be either my t67 mr2 turbo or my.greddy turbo Miata.

The 04 srt4. 400$ in mods and ran 12'.Had 100k miles of racing on it, over 1000 passes at the track( 76 passes in one day lol) car was the slut as anyone could make a pass.

The car JUST WORKED, and hurt alot of feelings!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=465&pictureid=3559

Familiar camaro... :lol:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=67&pictureid=8954

Honestly, the car I have now. It’s a blast to drive, has more than enough power, has been cheap to run, and get 30+ mpg on the highway. I only wish it had more space inside, but I can’t be picky about that. M

Now, if you want to talk about my least favorite car to own, it would be the 95 Integra I bought off my brother back in 04.