Less than 2 weeks and the Mod Bug Bit me!

TTQ B4U

Did a few side by sides with a couple Redsports yesterday to see how their Burger Motorsports JB4 Stage 1 piggy back tune does for the car. Very impressed. From what I've seen posted and the vids out there, the car has been pulling high 12's at about 110-111mph, now that moves to low 12's at about 115mph. Perfect for what I'm looking to have.

Their cars were super smooth and the gains were quite a bit more in the mid-range similar to what I saw on the Stage II S4. Equiv. in time but with 3mph better trap speeds. Going to do a bit more research on them but am glad to see it's a much easier tune to play with than what APR offered. 1/5th the price too. Looks like this is all well within the stock cooling capability too.

One guy had a glove box full of timeslips running on street tires and they were pretty consistant 12.2's at 114-115mph.

Stay tuned....

I bet that car is fun to drive

It is. Even stock I'm completely enjoying it. Handles way better than the Audi and the other bumps in creature features are nice. No complaints thus far other than getting used to a slush box again and of course missing the power a bit.

100 whp just in a tune.........hmmmm smells fishy

On the silver sport that was shown in the Dyno above, the 100hp bump is common. I am not looking to see that type of bump as IMO I'll be back in the same boat as with my Audi in terms of maint. And soon to break items. Whoever gets my Audi will likely be replacing cats or putting in a test pipe set up and the driver side heat exchanger. Two items I wasn't looking to spend big bucks on. Not huge issues but then I would have to keep it for longer and I was already looking to move out of it in spring/summer.

I'm enjoying it as is for now but doing research on what's out there. The turbos are IMO likely maxed out as the already spin to 220k. I think it's just a matter of finding out what can be done power delivery wise in the mid-range area.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you read anything about rearend/transaxle reliability on these? I just helped my sister buy a Q50 S non red sport (silver sport) and it is def a sleeper. seems like a nice platform if it holds up...

And why can't you hear the turbos whoosh or whistle?

Edited by hpfiend

Have you read anything about rearend/transaxle reliability on these? I just helped my sister buy a Q50 S non red sport (silver sport) and it is def a sleeper. seems like a nice platform if it holds up...

And why can't you hear the turbos whoosh or whistle?

I've not. Still on stock intake so I don't expect to hear much in the way of the fun turbo sounds. From what I've read and seen not much in the way of gains either.

Sorry out of the loop what car do you have now?

See my signature.

Looking so far at a basic boost controller to add some oomph down low and in the mid-range. Stage 1 from Burger seems pretty safe adding just 3lbs of boost.

Various dyno's are showing gains of 25hp/35tq to the wheels so that's about on-par with what I would expect and have in a Stage 1 modification and enough to help push the car into the mid 12's seeing as how many are running 12.7-12.9 now.