2018 Track Days?

PsychoticGaming

Anyone have info on 2018 track days? (Mid-Ohio / Nelson Ledges / ect) I see Auto Interests has some, any other events in the works?

I'm starting to put together a list of events that I may or may not attend so that I can plan out my track season. I'll post stuff here once I get it all compiled.

I'm starting to put together a list of events that I may or may not attend so that I can plan out my track season. I'll post stuff here once I get it all compiled.
Thanks for for sharing!

Looks like Street Car Takeover is the same day I'm planning on Nelson Ledges, figures.

Finally had a few minutes to start putting things on paper. By no means is this a comprehensive list but this is the list of dates that I'll pick from this year when I choose which events I will or will not attend.

2018 DE Dates

Mar 3-4 – CHIN - VIR

April 14-16 – Gridlife – Mid Ohio

April 20-22 – NASA – Mid Ohio

April 21-22 – 10/10ths - Putnam

April 28-29 – Auto Interests – Nelson Ledges

April 27-29 – MOR PCA – Mid Ohio

April 27-29 – CIR PCA – Putnam Park

May 4-6 – Potomac PCA - PITT

May 11-13 – NOR PCA – Mid Ohio

May 14 – Auto Interests – Mid Ohio

May 18-20 – NNJR PCA – Mid Ohio

May 18-20 – NASA Mid Atlantic – VIR **Ultimate Track Car Challenge**

May 28-29 – CHIN – Mid OHio

June 4-5 – Auto Interests – Mid Ohio

June 8-10 – OVR PCA – Mid Ohio (will be at F1 canada)

June 23-24 – Auto Interests – Nelson Ledges

June 23-24 – 10/10ths - Putnam

June 30- 7/1 – Auto Interests – PITT

July 7-8 – Auto Interests – Putnam Park

July 13 – 10/10ths – Mid Ohio

July 20-22 – US Audi – Mid Ohio

July 27-29 – ARPCA – PITT

July 28-29 – Midwest track day – Putnam

Aug 10-12 – NNJR PCA – Watkins Glen

August 13 – Auto Interests – Mid Ohio

August 24-26 – NASA – Mid Ohio

August 24-25 – Metro PCA – Watkins Glen

August 31-9/2 – MVP Tracktime – Mid Ohio

Sept 1-2 – Auto Interests - PITT

Sept 7-9 – ARPCA – Mid Ohio

Sept 12-13 – NNJR – Watkins Glen (advanced)

Sept 14-16 – MOR PCA – Mid Ohio

Sept 15-16 – Auto Interests – Nelson Ledges

Sept 22-23 – CHIN – PITT

Sept 24 – CHIN – Mid OHio

Sept 28-30 – NOR PCA – Mid Ohio

Sept 29-30 – Midwest Track Day - Putnam

Oct 5-7 – OVR PCA – Mid Ohio

Oct 13-14 – CIR PCA – Putnam

October 26-28 – NNJR - VIR

I saw someone posting about HPDE and with DSMs in his sig, and had to say something about it.

Hope to see you out

Odds of her making it out is slim, just rebuilt a 16g and put on my 92 to get her going. Sold the red 91, may sell the 92 as I bought a 90 Galant GSX and have a forged engine on the stand to drop in (now to decide between e316g or the 70mm t4....)

Odds are the PoorVette will be out on the track instead, although I wouldn't mind screaming around in the Talon at 35psi and the 70mm turbo ;)

Can't fucking wait.

I'm setting my goals damn high in 18. 136 goal, stretch goal of 135. Failure imminent but I'll go down swinging, or crashing.

Like only 136 miatas passing you in 2018. Trying to hold it down to 135?

NASA added another Mid-Ohio event as well, May 25-27.

I've only signed up for a few events, got too many vacations planned this year so it'll be a light load for me but I'll be at that one as well as the first Nelson Ledges event Auto Interests is doing and the Monday Mid-Ohio season opener on the 14th.

I hear Gridlife is a rowdy fun time...to drive as well as spectate.

I've heard the same but think it applies more to their festival dates where they do drifting and concerts and car show, etc. the Mid Ohio date is just HPDE and Track Battle (time attack). I'm fairly interested in running the track battle but I'd need to buy a set of tires for my car that I'd never otherwise use hence it looses some of its attraction.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure there will be TONS of opportunities to get on-track at Nelson as they run their own little lapping day events all the time, but they don't have their 2018 schedule posted so the only ones I have are the outside organizations that are going to be driving there.

With what they are charging now for single day events I hope to see many more improvements this year to justify the experience.

I'm sure there will be TONS of opportunities to get on-track at Nelson as they run their own little lapping day events all the time, but they don't have their 2018 schedule posted so the only ones I have are the outside organizations that are going to be driving there.

With what they are charging now for single day events I hope to see many more improvements this year to justify the experience.

Yeah NL can eat a dick until they drop their prices, or unsketch their curbing, or both. Way too far to drive and pay for what it is.

I’m going to PITT instead of Nelson in the current scenario of price/quality of facility.

I’m going to shoot for NNJR @ Mid Ohio in May as my first event of the year as I’ve done for the last few years. Of course that assumes I can get my crap fixed and running.

I haven't been to NL for years since my uncle use to run there. Seems as though it has alot of hate any more?.... Though I hear the new pavement is nice.

Mid-Ohio I ran last year for the first time and was really nice (it's also only a 25min drive too so...) Looked at Pitt but it is a good drive too, comparable to Mid-Ohio or?

Auto Interests HPDE Novice is pretty good for first time on a track and getting ti know your car. Of course you'll just end up pushing it more and more ;)

Which event(s) is/are recommended for total HPDE/road course noobz? Ideally looking for something to get seat time in on and just feel the car out without pushing hard

Porsche club or Auto Interests would be good to check out. PCA has a long history of good structure for new drivers with both in car instruction as well as classroom time. None of the Ohio regions require you to be a PCA member to partake.

I haven't been to NL for years since my uncle use to run there. Seems as though it has alot of hate any more?.... Though I hear the new pavement is nice.

Mid-Ohio I ran last year for the first time and was really nice (it's also only a 25min drive too so...) Looked at Pitt but it is a good drive too, comparable to Mid-Ohio or?

Auto Interests HPDE Novice is pretty good for first time on a track and getting ti know your car. Of course you'll just end up pushing it more and more ;)

I don’t really have hate for Nelson as I cut my teeth there when getting into car track events, but it’s just not re-vamped enough to make a visit yet. If they can sort the curbing and drop off from the new pavement it would probably warrant a visit.

PITT has had major revisions in the past years and the new full course gets rave reviews. I’m hoping to make it there this year sometime.

Which event(s) is/are recommended for total HPDE/road course noobz? Ideally looking for something to get seat time in on and just feel the car out without pushing hard

I did the Auto Interests acclamation program last year and loved it. It was about half the cost of just running novice but still got 2 full track sessions, 1 session with pace laps, a car control sessions and lots of instruction. We had the option to go out for one more session with everyone but I was kinda wore out from the day and didn't want my wagon blocking everyone out there.