Running out of space.. and available time too

88lx5oh

Well, went and picked this up today. 91 LX notch 4cyl 5 speed, 78k original miles, originally from NC. Zero rust, all black interior. It will be on the back burner a while, but eventually the plan is to coyote swap, T56 trans, cobra IRS, big brakes etc.

Lt9op5ul.jpg

XXJJMu8l.jpg

JAKFrxvl.jpg

frc5ToNl.jpg

That's a cool little sleeper. nice score.

Just curious, why a coyote swap and not an LS?

Everyone LS swaps everything no thanjs.

I want a 8000rpm screamer, the coyote is just the perfect platform. It's a insanely stout motor stock form (my 15 is making some crazy power on an all stock motor), sound amazing, can easily be mated to a T56, and will make the power I intend to make for the car in stock form

Everyone LS swaps everything no thanjs.

I want a 8000rpm screamer, the coyote is just the perfect platform. It's a insanely stout motor stock form (my 15 is making some crazy power on an all stock motor), sound amazing, can easily be mated to a T56, and will make the power I intend to make for the car in stock form

It sounds perfect, the only thing I wonder about is the size of the engine. Coyote swaps haven't really caught on with the 60's ford crowd because it requires massive front end surgery (removing the shock towers and re-engineering the front suspension), is it the same kind of challenge in a fox body?

Edited by Geeto67

My guess is the answer is, way to expensive to be worth it, feasible... but how about a Voodoo motor?

This is more of an idea, something to talk about than an actual suggestion.

The price of admission makes it a non option.

The standard Mustang 5.0 can be modified to rev reliably to 7500-8200 with basic modifications (oil pump gear, cam gear, crank damper). If you're looking for ultimate reliability I'd keep it limited to 7800 though...

Aaron, you were talking about some bolt on GT350 parts right, intake manifold or something?

So, if you put those parts on, with a tune, you're probably at about the same power level?

Then, the only thing you are missing is the flat plane... yeah, you're right, that's cool but not worth the probably $10k+ more in cost.

Aaron, you were talking about some bolt on GT350 parts right, intake manifold or something?

So, if you put those parts on, with a tune, you're probably at about the same power level?

Then, the only thing you are missing is the flat plane... yeah, you're right, that's cool but not worth the probably $10k+ more in cost.

Yeah, GT350 Intake Manifold allows for proper air flow up at the elevated rpms over stock. However, that's really only the route you'd take on a s550 chassis, as it fits under the stock strut brace and provides great results. It's the way I'll be going if/when I do engine mods.

The Cobra Jet IM is the king of power, and if you aren't space limited, would be the ultimate. There are also a slew of aftermarket ones either out or coming out too, I know Hoblick had a Holley on one of his s550s...

It sounds perfect, the only thing I wonder about is the size of the engine. Coyote swaps haven't really caught on with the 60's ford crowd because it requires massive front end surgery (removing the shock towers and re-engineering the front suspension), is it the same kind of challenge in a fox body?

Swapped into a fox is easy peasy, tubular k member and your good to go.

Yeah, GT350 Intake Manifold allows for proper air flow up at the elevated rpms over stock. However, that's really only the route you'd take on a s550 chassis, as it fits under the stock strut brace and provides great results. It's the way I'll be going if/when I do engine mods.

The Cobra Jet IM is the king of power, and if you aren't space limited, would be the ultimate. There are also a slew of aftermarket ones either out or coming out too, I know Hoblick had a Holley on one of his s550s...

The Holley makes power up too as well, may not be as much as a CJ setup or GT350 mani, but it's 1/2 to 1/3 the price, and your not loosing much power vs. money you save. Most likely I'll do a Holley on the motor that goes in the notch.