Geeto67's Political Playground

zeitgeist57

Are you going to answer the question or not? I mean, you are the one who seems to want to morally compress aborting and mass shootings together so let's not play delicate with the entire spectrum.....or are you willing to concede that the issues are more complex than you are making them out to be and bogus moral relativism is just that...bogus?

Are you a murderer or not? why should you get quarter when you offer none to those protesting? What makes you special?

Also, still waiting on those "Facts" you were going to school me on. Or at least tell me which ones I wasn't listening to.

In case you are confused here is the definition of "Fact"

Definition of fact

1 a : something that has actual existence

space exploration is now a fact

b : an actual occurrence

prove the fact of damage

2 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality

These are the hard facts of the case.

3 : the quality of being actual : actuality

a question of fact hinges on evidence

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fact

Still....waiting....

I found a definition of Kerry in the dictionary as well. It seems you are named after a large piece of shit. The definition is spot on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With full Republican control of government, we have ballooning deficit, massive spending bill, a faltering market, and new gun restrictions...

To say it's full Republican control can be debated due to obstructs from the Democratic party, but I can agree there are some concerning signs.

So, I ask for cited facts and the best you can come up with is propaganda? Weak sauce.

I had to go to YouTube to find the lots of citations, and right now let’s clear some things up:

There are some “facts” which sound important but are just restatement or someone’s opinion that don’t really have a bearing on safety. For example that bit about sheriffs supporting concealed carry - im sure it’s a fact that that’s their opinion, but out of context what is that opinion based on? It’s like saying 51 percent of our lawmakers support no further gun control - it’s true because that’s the republican majority but how is it relevant to safety ?

There are some things which are marginally true but are presented as highly misleading. E.g that bit about Switzerland. You have to do the math because they give you raw data but it works out that 1 in 4 people own a fire arm. The US has enough guns that it is possible to for every citizen to own more that one. The Swiss also have mandatory background checks on every firearm (the US doesn’t), they have banned some types all together that are available in the US (but they allow fully automatic which we don’t), they have mandatory military service for every male citizen, and they have many required safety programs that are part of their educational system. Yes they have “limited” compared to the rest of Europe, but they also have more gun control laws than we do, fewer overall firearms, and their version of the NRA actually does what the old NRA did in this country - work with the government to develop gun control laws and safety programs. I should also point out that their national culture trusts their government more than the US, and guns are seen as integral to national defense (well regulated militia anyone?) and not for the overthrow of tyrants.

Point is, if you are relying on that video as a statement of unbiased fact, then I am now worried about the educational system in the US than anything else. The “facts”, even the ones they aren’t intentionally stating in a very misleading way (which I think is only the first 1about suicides) are presented out of context and cherry picked. This is not even counting the statements that are just outright false because the data relied on is flawed (the bit about more standings than shootings).

I’m genuinely disappointed. Try harder

To say it's full Republican control can be debated due to obstructs from the Democratic party, but I can agree there are some concerning signs.

Bulkshit, any “obstruction” of the Democrats required republicans to go along with it so it can’t be considered obstruction by a singular party. Democrats don’t have the power by themselves to obstruct anything they get steamrolled by the republicans on everything - to think otherwise means you don’t understand the concept of obstruction.

So, I ask for cited facts and the best you can come up with is propaganda? Weak sauce.

I had to go to YouTube to find the lots of citations, and right now let’s clear some things up:

There are some “facts” which sound important but are just restatement or someone’s opinion that don’t really have a bearing on safety. For example that bit about sheriffs supporting concealed carry - im sure it’s a fact that that’s their opinion, but out of context what is that opinion based on? It’s like saying 51 percent of our lawmakers support no further gun control - it’s true because that’s the republican majority but how is it relevant to safety ?

There are some things which are marginally true but are presented as highly misleading. E.g that bit about Switzerland. You have to do the math because they give you raw data but it works out that 1 in 4 people own a fire arm. The US has enough guns that it is possible to for every citizen to own more that one. The Swiss also have mandatory background checks on every firearm (the US doesn’t), they have banned some types all together that are available in the US (but they allow fully automatic which we don’t), they have mandatory military service for every male citizen, and they have many required safety programs that are part of their educational system. Yes they have “limited” compared to the rest of Europe, but they also have more gun control laws than we do, fewer overall firearms, and their version of the NRA actually does what the old NRA did in this country - work with the government to develop gun control laws and safety programs. I should also point out that their national culture trusts their government more than the US, and guns are seen as integral to national defense (well regulated militia anyone?) and not for the overthrow of tyrants.

Point is, if you are relying on that video as a statement of unbiased fact, then I am now worried about the educational system in the US than anything else. The “facts”, even the ones they aren’t intentionally stating in a very misleading way (which I think is only the first 1about suicides) are presented out of context and cherry picked. This is not even counting the statements that are just outright false because the data relied on is flawed (the bit about more standings than shootings).

Do you support gun control? If so, what facts are you going to use that aren't biased of misleading? Or do you base all of your opinions on emotion.

You know, considering Trump's fondness for his Samsung phone, we might be able to settle a lot of things by looking at all the data Facebook has compiled.

If he granted the FB app access to his contact list they would have all of his call logs and text messages for several years...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

quotes are from CDC. There is no point to try harder for you when you consistently avoid any logical consistency conversation.

Are you saying that the facts about mass shootings in gun free zones is inaccurate?

Care to discuss the trend of murder vs gun ownership amounts in the last 50 years?

NPR was broadcasting a deposition Trump sat in back in 2016 when some celebrity chef backed out of opening a restaurant in one of Trump's properties. He swore under oath that he knew the lease the chef signed was done because Don Jr. told him so.

The attorney produced the lease, and asked him if this was his own signature. He said it was, and he changed the story to say he was there and signed the lease with the other chef.

I'm becoming amazed at the lack of preparation Trump does in his daily life. He's the President; he can and should surround himself with people he can truly trust to give him advice on what to do and how to say it. He chooses to do his own thing anyway.

quotes are from CDC.

Actually they aren't. Not really. If you go to the youtube video's description on youtube they are listed. their citations are to news articles that themselves cite the CDC. So the Quote is not directly from the CDC it's second hand. In all cases they take the "quotes" out of context and strip it down to make their point. If you have to ignore context and remove information to fit your agenda it isn't considered credible information.

In some cases they quote opinions of the articles interpreting the CDC and FBI data, and always out of context, which they then follow up with their own opinion.

Some of the information they cite/source is just flat false. They make is sound like there are more stabbings than shootings in America, and that is just false information - the majority of data reported to the FBI doesn't report method of assualt/death, so the most dangerous weapon according to the FBI is "undetermined". That makes the reported data on stabbings vs shootings unreliable.

There is no point to try harder for you when you consistently avoid any logical consistency conversation.

It isn't my fault you are dumb enough to fall for propaganda. You are right, don't try harder - ignorance is a good look for you.

Are you saying that the facts about mass shootings in gun free zones is inaccurate?

The way it is presented, yes it is inaccurate. The idea of a gun free zone really only took hold as recently as 2009. Prior to that there really wasn't a cohesive idea, it didn't have a name, and it was up to the location to allow guns and enforce the rule. There have been mass shootings in this country since the 1700's, or rather since this country has been a country - and the overwhelming majority of those occurred from 1700 to 2009. It is unknown how many of those occured in public locations that didn't allow firearms.

Also, so what if it is - "gun free zones" aren't something that is "enforced", they are a statement of liability. How many stores do you see with no firearms allowed signs that are patting people down or even have security? The rule is there for the establishment to waive the liability of allowing guns on the premises. If they do allow, they are partially responsible for what occurs because generally speaking landowners are responsible for the guests (and the harm that comes to them) on their land. By making it a rule that guns aren't allowed, in the event of a mass shooting they can throw up their hands and say: "hey he broke the rules, I am not responsible for his actions on my property".

Care to discuss the trend of murder vs gun ownership amounts in the last 50 years?

Sure, the US has the highest rate of gun ownership per capita in the world - which means on average every American owns more than 1 gun. But every American doesn't own more than one gun or even a gun at all. Only about 40% of American households owns a gun. And guess what? it's been about the same since 1972. The high point was 47% in 1990 and the low point was 37% in 2013. So what does that tell you? Because to me it Sounds like a whole lot of people who already own guns are stockpiling guns, not the actual ownership increasing. So that makes the the statement false. Yes it is true independently that the murder rate has gone down, and yes it is true that the number of guns owned by American citizens has increased (even if it is just the same people buying more guns), but presenting those two facts together as if they are related or one is responsible for the other is false. And we haven't even spoken about how the number of people murdered has increased but population growth has outpaced it - both factors that are relevant to determining rate.

Let's talk about another one... I think there was something in the video about carry conceal areas bringing the crime rate down?

That's not from the CDC or the FBI or anything involving statistics. It's a quote from Representative Louis Gohmert (R, Texas), and he just made it up. There is no study that actually supports that as a fact, he literally made it up on the spot (well, maybe he heard it from somewhere else before). https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/right-to-carry-gun-violence/531297/

Edited by Geeto67

Let's get back to politics, shall we? As Trump's "easy to win" trade war with China continues to tank the stock market (oh sorry, this is a completely normal correction, nothing to see here), let's see what important messages he has for the American people this morning.

Mexico has the absolute power not to let these large “Caravans” of people enter their country. They must stop them at their Northern Border, which they can do because their border laws work, not allow them to pass through into our country, which has no effective border laws.....

I don't believe you.

...Congress must immediately pass Border Legislation, use Nuclear Option if necessary, to stop the massive inflow of Drugs and People. Border Patrol Agents (and ICE) are GREAT, but the weak Dem laws don’t allow them to do their job. Act now Congress, our country is being stolen!

I don't believe you, and you're peddling anti-immigrant fear.

DACA is dead because the Democrats didn’t care or act, and now everyone wants to get onto the DACA bandwagon... No longer works. Must build Wall and secure our borders with proper Border legislation. Democrats want No Borders, hence drugs and crime!

I don't believe you, Democrats shut down the government over a DACA deal and they were raked over the coals for it, I guess they should have shut it down longer to show how much they care. Also, Donny T is the one who tanked multiple bi-partisan proposals to reinstate DACA and fund a stupid border wa'l. Also, equating immigration with drugs and crime peddles anti-immigrant fear.

So funny to watch Fake News Networks, among the most dishonest groups of people I have ever dealt with, criticize Sinclair Broadcasting for being biased. Sinclair is far superior to CNN and even more Fake NBC, which is a total joke.

Trump continues to assert that the only state run (conservative) media sources are legitimate.

Only fools, or worse, are saying that our money losing Post Office makes money with Amazon. THEY LOSE A FORTUNE, and this will be changed. Also, our fully tax paying retailers are closing stores all over the country...not a level playing field!

Now he shifts gears to attack a private company because of a beef with the owners' politics.

So sad that the Department of “Justice” and the FBI are slow walking, or even not giving, the unredacted documents requested by Congress. An embarrassment to our country!

Now he shifts gears again to attack the DoJ and FBI.

Hear that America? Congress sucks, Amazon sucks, your federal law enforcement sucks, any media that criticizes the president sucks, immigrants suck, democrats suck. Pay no attention to the shitshow that is the Trump white house, pay no attention how you've been lied to by Republicans who have increased spending and decreased revenues without any plan for how this will be sustainable. Instead get angry about the stuff he makes up, keep voting Republican and never mind about what's really going on.

Tell me again how Obama was bad because he was so divisive.

Tell me again how Obama was bad because he was so divisive.

It's all perspective. Obama was divisive like Janet Jackson's Superbowl performance was risky prime-time TV.

I don't think people anticipated such an unhinged man in Trump having the single-handed power to level 200+ years of growth, progress, and successful rebuild after seemingly insurmountable setbacks.

It's all perspective. Obama was divisive like Janet Jackson's Superbowl performance was risky prime-time TV.

I don't think people anticipated such an unhinged man in Trump having the single-handed power to level 200+ years of growth, progress, and successful rebuild after seemingly insurmountable setbacks.

Perspective...white. I mean right.

You mean no one anticipated the guy who could only run a business into bankruptcy would also do the same to the country?

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/most-shocking-memes/54990303.jpg

Perspective...white. I mean right.

You mean no one anticipated the guy who could only run a business into bankruptcy would also do the same to the country?

Top 3 Greatest McSteaks of the last 10 years:

- Obama hasn't been anything greater than an absentee-voting IL Senator. He'll be a terrible president!

- Trump is a great marketer; he's exactly what the U.S. needs in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

- I'm buying BTC at 11,000....because it's going to rocket up to $30,000/share any day now!

Top 3 Greatest McSteaks of the last 10 years:

- Obama hasn't been anything greater than an absentee-voting IL Senator. He'll be a terrible president!

- Trump is a great marketer; he's exactly what the U.S. needs in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

- I'm buying BTC at 11,000....because it's going to rocket up to $30,000/share any day now!

Huh?

People say Obama was a commie. The shit Trump says is so fucking Marxist, ol' Karl couldn't have said it any better himself.

I Think you meant Stalin. Protectionism, class warfare, state violence, and cult of personality are all Stalinism.

That might be more accurate.

yes, he certainly is not a Trotskyist either. LOL.

This is fun:

http://interactive.nydailynews.com/2016/03/quiz-who-said-it-trump-hitler-mussolini-stalin/

and apparently I am not the only one that feels this way:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/donald-trump-s-not-quite-joseph-stalin-his-fake-news-ncna838456

It should be much more disconcerting that we have a CIC that calls American citizens and private American businesses "enemies of the state". I get that nobody takes him seriously when he says this nonsense, but honestly - the president being a joke shouldn't be the low hurdle to dismissing these comments.

True. Socialism and communism are good economic theories, and work in limited non-government circumstances like farm and grocery communes and labor unions where it can interact with capitalism, but as a form of government there hasn't been a way to implement yet that doesn't turn it into a corrupt totalitarian dictatorship.

By the way, Russia seems to be heading toward authoritarian protectionism under Putin. While not the totalitarian rule of Stalin, it's not far off in it's execution.

https://www.economist.com/news/books-and-arts/21730854-distinction-between-totalitarianism-and-authoritarianism-not-one-degree-one

What is that Hemmingway once said? "Bread is the opium of the people". In this case liberty is the opium of the people - give them a little liberty under authoritarian rule and they will elect a savage, corrupt, and nationalistic ruler back into office. Oh and the Russians will vote Putin back in too. LOL

In today's tweet turd pile: trillion dollar deficits and a completely dysfunctional legislative process, but Trump and Republicans want you to think the real problem is 1100 poor Hondurans and Amazon's shipping fees. Do you see how they don't give a fuck about good governance? But keep worrying about immigrants and liberal tears, see what kind of policies that gets you.

Let's see....

- Media, except for state run or media that agrees with him, is the enemy of the state.

- Post office, as enumerated by the founding charter documents of the country, suddenly isn't for everyone

- the country isn't for everyone, even if you have been living here and contributing to society for some time now, and that particular group of people who somehow all are racially homogeneous (he's never after the white immigrants, illegal or otherwise) and the causes for all of the country's problems.

yep...checks out:

2016-02-27-1456595959-4038664-trumphitlertimefaux1-thumb.jpg