Marion County International Raceway For Sale

wagner

$600k? for 36 acres and 7800sqft of commercial buildings? Wow, that seems cheap.

Was it ever an airstrip? I've flown in and out of Mt. Victory's grass field just to the west.

Nope, always been a drag strip.

I'm guessing at that price it's about to become a bunch of shitty track homes.

Given that area, I don't see a population density need for a lot of homes. Probably part of the reason why it's gone down $150k in sale price over the last few years.

The best tracks are in the middle of nowhere, they just haven't been running a good program there.

I was just going to say, who want's to live in Marion?

Wagner, what would it take for this venue to host something like the now homeless summernationals?

This place isn't anywhere near what's required for an NHRA level event. Let's put it this way 36 acres is just what you need for parking, let alone racers.

I've got a pretty good idea where the Summernationals might land, just waiting to see it all fall into place.

Not to mention the track would need a significant overhaul to be up to nhra standards. I use to run up there on test and tune nights back in the day. It was cheap fun but the last time I went, there was a huge bump in one of the lanes (don't recall which one now) that would scare the shit out of you if you weren't ready for it. It has been a while since I was there maybe 7-8 years now. Anyone know if they have resurfaced/repaired it since then?

I remember a drunk guy trying to wheelie his buddies bike in the staging lanes and laying it down into several pieces. Fun times...

Oh sh!t, I may have been up there that night as well. The guy I remember was trying to spin the rear tire and it caught and he flipped it backwards on top of himself at the line. good times!

Oh sh!t, I may have been up there that night as well. The guy I remember was trying to spin the rear tire and it caught and he flipped it backwards on top of himself at the line. good times!
Ahhh yes that could have been it. My memory was a little fuzzy on the details. I couldn't even tell you what year that was.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well, it certainly offers a unique racing experience. As I've said many times, it's the only track where I've seen drivers in the staging lanes drinking beer.

I dunno about beer, but I certainly finished off a Captain and Sprite next up in the staging lanes before taking my convertible mustang GT with the top down, no seatbelts on down that track. No helmet obviously, would screw with my hair waving sexily in the breeze.