Winter meet tonight (Fri 1/26) in Springfield

Doc1647545523

In case you need a street meet fix to get you through until spring, there's a hard-core, meet-almost-every-night, weather-be-damned, group who is putting on their Friday night meet tonight beginning 9 pm at the Save-a-Lot at 2105 E. Main Street in Springfield.

Mostly ricer-check

Some actually race-check

Junk yard cars with nitrous-check

Food nearby-check

Bentleys welcome-check

What's not to like? :p

https://www.facebook.com/events/2002013776703636/

It's so variable, I'd hate to try to predict. I've seen it go until dawn in warm weather when there was racing. If it gets windy and people get cold, they will adjourn to a restaurant. If there isn't a large showing early, it won't be more than three cars.

Roll the dice. Or look at the Facebook page--sometimes that will give you an idea if there are many people out and what's going on.

It started out with just a few cars, but then everyone went on to a meet in Huber Heights that had about 30 cars for an hour, then dwindled down as the wind came up and it got cold.

The Bentley got the carbon blown out of it when a Subie wanted to race on I-70 on the way home. Not an epic evening, but accomplished the goals of getting the car exercised.

• 3 weeks later...