Headlights need correction too...

TTQ B4U

So a friend of mine picked up a 2006 Impala LT as a new daily to replace his Trailblazer that blew a head gasket. He couldn't afford much but it's a solid car in decent shape. Has had a full repaint and it's not awesome but it will clean up nice enough.

I spent a few hours showing him the ropes as he wants to do it himself. Gave him a few extra products in terms of Compound, polish and sealants and an older PC74xx buffer that will get him going.

To start off I showed him how to polish the scratches out of windshield and then we proceeded to coat and seal it up so now he won't have to worry about using rain-x or other products like that. It's slick as can be and hydrophobic enough that he won't need his wipers much at all now.

Part of the clean and teaching involved his headlights. They were both bad but not horrible. Little wet sanding to remove the oxidation and some polishing to bring them back as best we could given they are crazed and a little hazy inside still. way better than they were for sure. Finished them up by sealing them up with two coats to help curb any return of the fading.

If you need headlights corrected, drop me a note. I can fix pretty much any condition while you wait on it.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167026427/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167026426/original.jpg

I might have to see if you can do anything for mine. Someone hit me a few months back and they replaced one headlight and it looks brand new. The other has ~125k miles on it. I got a restoration kit and did the sanding and polishing, but I can still see a difference. I can't tell if it's inside the housing or if I just didn't do a good enough job.