Thoughts on CFAA (Columbus Fair Auto Auction)

BBQdDude

Idk, I just looked at the catalog and changed to miles assenting. There are some pretty new repo's on lane 1 that look decent.

https://www.cfaa.com/catalog/single-catalog.html?lane=18&event=Lane%201%20-%20Repo

there is a 2015 ss camaro ss with less than 10k

Edited by Red Beard

The auction savings are rarely as dramatic as anyone imagines, and the cars are usually in worse shape. Not to mention you don't get the chance to try them out first.

This

Sure there is a good deal occasionally but it is a massive risk over going to a lot or private party and being able to check it out and drive it.

Idk, I just looked at the catalog and changed to miles assenting. There are some pretty new repo's on lane 1 that look decent.

https://www.cfaa.com/catalog/single-catalog.html?lane=18&event=Lane%201%20-%20Repo

there is a 2015 ss comaro ss with less than 10k

Not just an SS, it's a 1LE. Nice car

Not just an SS, it's a 1LE. Nice car

Curious to see how much that goes for. Not a fan of the canary yellow but still would be a good opportunity to get a deal on it. Its too bad the blue one just under is the 4cyl model. The ss would be sharp in that color combo. It would still be a fun ride, but when I think Camaro I think LS not turbo 4 lol.

Curious to see how much that goes for. Not a fan of the canary yellow but still would be a good opportunity to get a deal on it. Its too bad the blue one just under is the 4cyl model. The ss would be sharp in that color combo. It would still be a fun ride, but when I think Camaro I think LS not turbo 4 lol.

you know someone is going to bid the shit out of that car.

Any way to see what cars sold for?

Not that I can see, unless there is an archive for the previous auctions.

Not as many Chrysler 300C's in there as I would have thought.

You know life isn't going the way you hoped when your 2008 Kia Rio with 190k miles gets repo'd.

hahahahaha right?

I'm bias since I and a few others on here work for the competition (manheim in grove city). Because of the ohio repo laws all ohio repo are open to the public. As with anything there are both amazing deals and awful ones. At our auction I work with the team the certifies repos, a mechanic will inspect topside and underneath and drive the vehicle and flag any issues.

Upside to the fair is their fees are cheaper. Downsides are their tech is a lot worse, inventory is rougher, they run less cars, the fix less cars.

All lease turn ins and what not are dealer only. But that means anyone from toybarn to Frank's buy here pay here can bid on them. Which also means JET is a good contact for this as they buy at both auctions.

I have an Audi r8 slated if anyone has 90k burning a hole in your pocket [emoji6].

It all depends on what your looking for but in the dd world you can get 17 camrys and sonatas for 11k ish. Or my personal favorite 17 mirage's with 6-10,000 miles for 6-7k and enjoy that 100k mile warranty...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

You know life isn't going the way you hoped when your 2008 Kia Rio with 190k miles gets repo'd.

Clicked on the link.

Saw said Kia Rio.

Thought same thing. :lol:

Scrolled over more base-model Kia's, Dodge Journey's, and stripper Chevy's than I want to see in a lifetime...and I drove a 4.3L Silverado to work today :lol:

I'm bias since I and a few others on here work for the competition (manheim in grove city). Because of the ohio repo laws all ohio repo are open to the public. As with anything there are both amazing deals and awful ones. At our auction I work with the team the certifies repos, a mechanic will inspect topside and underneath and drive the vehicle and flag any issues.

Upside to the fair is their fees are cheaper. Downsides are their tech is a lot worse, inventory is rougher, they run less cars, the fix less cars.

All lease turn ins and what not are dealer only. But that means anyone from toybarn to Frank's buy here pay here can bid on them. Which also means JET is a good contact for this as they buy at both auctions.

I have an Audi r8 slated if anyone has 90k burning a hole in your pocket [emoji6].

It all depends on what your looking for but in the dd world you can get 17 camrys and sonatas for 11k ish. Or my personal favorite 17 mirage's with 6-10,000 miles for 6-7k and enjoy that 100k mile warranty...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I like that Mirage angle...

Good reminder here is to talk to Jordan at JET out in Cambridge (2hipsi here on the board). Great resource for car shopping.

Edited by zeitgeist57