New daily

Lauren

Went down to Kentucky and picked this up from a couple moving to Colorado. It was the husbands daily driver until 7 months ago. It just sat once the front bags went flat. Between the air suspension repair and brakes there mechanic wanted $3000 to repair. They decided to just get rid of it.

Last year it has had new turbos put on, new ICM and coil packs and a bunch of other maintenance. I offered $800 and they accepted. They just wanted it gone.

So I towed it home and got to work. Converting to A6 suspension to get rid of air. Downpipes and forge diverter valves, silicone turbo hoses all around and a APR tune. Also replacing valve cover gaskets. That's first round of stuff. I'm trying to find a complete o1e 6 speed swap and will go KO4's at that time.

The green car that's lowered is the suspension I bought and that's how it will sit. fe72cfcd5d0b18a33e799653dfe25158.jpg690fe52030a37a29cc0c0c5c02c0d2e3.jpg7c6aabf2d842155b06d3bb0527107435.jpg3d36845e74af6a7be965125db2049569.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Great car, great color. Congratulations!

I think I learned how to search for solid deals from ChrisFix:

1) Use Autotempest

2) Search for keywords that reference a problem: "Head gasket" "airbag", etc...

3) Sort by best candidates that need minor wrenching

4) Lowball the shizz out of the non-wrenching owners that just want it gone.

5) PROFIT :)

Pretty much how I do it except I look for cars I want, low ball them and then profit.

Funny story. I low balled the shit out of a mini Cooper last week. He declined which I expected but his car needs a block which I have a good motor. Instead of buying his car I sold him an engine and labor to install it for $2100. So it still turned out to be a win

Its alive. I only got suspension and new tires done today. My mini decided to eat its serpentine belt this morning so I had to take the all road to work. Anyway turned out great. Have to address the valve cover gaskets this evening. Can smell oil

ad19dd6739bc134daf45294619895933.jpg6075a72017a578796a80739ee5641308.jpg94b91c1186c33a2755aa15952a211f67.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I've replaced the VC gaskets on my 2.7 at least 4 times in the last 12+ years I've owned it. Just had to do it again last summer, except this time it was the camshaft seal plug.

Something to check while you have the VC's off, it's a cheap and relatively easy fix.

What this guy said! Just do them while you're basically already there!

• 2 weeks later...

Oddly enough*, I'm not a fan of the Allroad when it's slightly lowered. I think it's the factory wheels; could use something with a lip to it...

*this comment coming from a guy that cuts springs on pickups for moar low.

Lowered audi allroad makes it just another boring mom-wagon with an autotragic. The point of an allroad is to lift it more, put knobbies on it, and hoon dirt roads and snow.

http://www.quattrodaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/audi-allroad-off-road-1050x629.jpg

35097546423_da9f0f9749_b.jpg

this guy gets it: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-allroad-18/offroad-allroad-2843227/

Still, $800 for what is essentially a wagon with s4 power is a freaking score, even with the autotragic.

Ugh...now I want one.

A manual Allroad would be an awesome 20th car, but so many other's I'd have.

Love them normally, color and OG "dual center" wheels are bad ass. Just the wrong trans for me to like it.

Love them normally, color and OG "dual center" wheels are bad ass. Just the wrong trans for me to like it.

It's too bad they didn't' offer the V8 ones with the manual. I wonder how hard it is to swap that, and could the trans handle it because the thing weighs as much as a tanker.

It's too bad they didn't' offer the V8 ones with the manual. I wonder how hard it is to swap that, and could the trans handle it because the thing weighs as much as a tanker.

RS6 engine swap + manual. 01e's are pretty solid transmissions.

Kinda like https://bringatrailer.com/2015/06/23/full-rs6-swap-2003-audi-s6-avant/

RS6 engine swap + manual. 01e's are pretty solid transmissions.

Kinda like https://bringatrailer.com/2015/06/23/full-rs6-swap-2003-audi-s6-avant/

wow. Did they do the RS bodywork as well? Seems like it. I love the comments where someone said "ask for more pictures, there is a lot going on with this car".

wow. Did they do the RS bodywork as well? Seems like it. I love the comments where someone said "ask for more pictures, there is a lot going on with this car".

I believe the S6 already had the widebody like that, like the V8 A6. So probably just RS6 bumpers, grill and maybe sideskirts.