Home Improvement Thread II (2018)

Zx2guy19

Nir4xwArTS5lywFeBSsQK838KgrBi0TwzR4-eR-vpurLsp7BgHZH6v87DoD-KPBPDMuw17dfcG6zwirjebNhBz4jTY-3aajaKQz61GPVyhaXyl_ao0P-9df9dxlxyaR6jcuc4ydwUSV_DIo4ZrjTYCTpyw6unQt9dEBF6OXA5MoI40_ji4xlBfZ3fE30scz59EYM8UnKeIQ00-mFOFAhZnrsvZjJHOPTRfA9Y_Q6VhDllLj52j6oxt2CJt7K35a3yisItHwE4Fy7MIg-wwpz8sQUUAwJoGY9CyFq5hnLnjkwAeYeuSDTIg73vq1woRTP50uUmPrkyUXEreStelqKQkZa0VT4ZRp4NwAIkGw60ms2qKFyNyVSZco-EN9SR7n-pQ_lSWpIiCxJPuXxeCzhMCsmCYXu7ignUkPb1rFQ8v9drRS3qaHBx3I-iQPe_V88FTf8GTjgSGxhBzEzSkWCC-y326Er8mzv12GU335AczF7Qih-eiJSxsolBLOOFB2a4NYd85H3W-2VFOIfVMPJVfOKbZJkJn13_0uF75gKiazv0tbuVo8csg51FEb6dybThOLWF-X-_TUUjmkryMa7_3dZez4066eT5Q4sVLN79Y9hRq7YcFfYexNw8ccx--DpAzb9Xa3_zoQQAbmH9IxwAieOzgRK_odLHSs_auvSdVXtmBRN7-Tv86I3wd7AJqH4o9A3SmdfeHpX_CgAXnfkl4F9qHSJSAnoWg_Gn6g6SlYvnGupg7amiA7J=w1600-h359-no

Large pic. Panoramic shot of the kitchen into the family room. Should be moving in soon (has to be at least May 8th because that's the earliest date Ashley furniture will deliver :()

Awesome man, I'm happy for you guys. It has to feel good to get back to some bit of normalcy, especially in this craziness.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of the wifes homebound project was the dining room. Last week I basically painted walls and ceiling, swapped furniture, changed window treatments and swapped all outlets and receptacles.

This week's project has been the basement, but it's a bit larger, so I'm still working on it.

Pics, black ceiling is after:

30c6d7758c5ae92900c791d35f6f068b.jpg

a1d7a011e84179386b767afe2f7fd155.jpg

Huge improvement Shaun. That chair is interesting looking...
I was skeptical about the black ceiling, but turned out well.

Yeah, the bench works out pretty well for the kids.

Got my Racedeck floor installed and picked up a couple new boxes yesterday. My plan is to build a frame for the boxes with a butcher block top.

(Ok, seriously...why the f_ck do all of my uploads say pending approval?)

rAnqiHO.jpg

7E8C7817-D262-4934-8942-31A5F1238FF3.jpg.378075950058b1565501bb42a952b98c.jpg

Edited by Mitch
fixed pics

Got my Racedeck floor installed and picked up a couple new boxes yesterday. My plan is to build a frame for the boxes with a butcher block top.

(Ok, seriously...why the f_ck do all of my uploads say pending approval?)

Interested to see your racedeck floor. That's going to be the first thing I do to the attached garage when I get the shop built.

Which product did you go with?

Finally assembled the harbor freight dust collector. Trying to get the basement hobby shop together between honey-do projects.d788393ce0e27ef5b4a36d0c14acd913.jpg

Nice. I think the main reason I dont do more wood working projects is strictly because I hate the dust. Be so nice to have a dedicated shop with a full on collection system.

Interested to see your racedeck floor. That's going to be the first thing I do to the attached garage when I get the shop built.

Which product did you go with?

I chose their diamond series. Seemed to be sufficient for my needs.

Flooring done, new boxes added with permanent bases and finally brought the Olds home from storage. Plan is to add a 10’ section of butcher block on top of the boxes.

mmYL0sl.jpg

TpqY8Dt.jpg

4C182F67-7EDC-4DDB-BCFB-9E04524E1E42.jpg.59fba095ba5027f9311c472360851dc7.jpg

Edited by Mitch
fixed pics

Couple recent items made for the living room remodel.

6 foot cedar slab with a huge void in it that I filled with epoxy resin...this is what planing down epoxy looks like after it's hardened.

54wZwij.jpg

Cleaned up, sanded up to 600 grit and three coats of finish applied and installed on top of the half wall. I used a super strong construction adhesive and also a few thin brad nails hidden inside knots so cant hardly see them.

9So5TrQ.jpg

Final piece for the bamboo wood and river rock tiles half wall by the front door.

cpXfe5O.jpg

The green epoxy goes well with the rest of the room...

vg1aDSA.jpg

Made a small side table to compliment the larger cedar piece. Kept it fairly petite sized as I wanted it just big enough to park a cup of coffee and a book. Any larger and it tends to gather all my kids stuff all over it constantly.

Half of it here is finished with one coat of Odie's oil (finish I used on both) and half of it unfinished so people could see the stark contrast...

K8feU4w.jpg

One full wet coat on, still needs buffed and cured.

ngBJT4U.jpg

Finished and in place!

OroPfXF.jpg

Stepped back view. It's my reading / learning guitar nook...

ujtZPqf.jpg