Home Improvement Thread II (2018)

Zx2guy19

Right about $500, anything touching soil is pressure treated, what little bit isn't touching soil is untreated. That includes some mulch and pavers for the walkways. I'm sure it could be done for cheaper, if I'd have known it was going to add up to that much I would have thought about it a bit more, there's probably room for some cheap decking somewhere. I built each long side and situated it in place then connected the short sides to box it in, those long sides were heavy and I hated every minute of moving them around.

I put semi-permeable weed blocker stuff down under the whole thing, with 18" of dirt I'm not sure that's going to matter for the garden boxes but it should help with the walkways.

I'll get some pictures of my "plans" and get back to your PM tomorrow.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also built some raised garden beds, my wife's garden was sacrificed when the new garage went in last fall so I owed her something nice. No idea how I'm going to fill these with dirt and plants with everything being locked down now.

Akrky9Ih.jpg

those are some deep areas what do you plan on growing....very cool!!

Right about $500, anything touching soil is pressure treated, what little bit isn't touching soil is untreated. That includes some mulch and pavers for the walkways. I'm sure it could be done for cheaper, if I'd have known it was going to add up to that much I would have thought about it a bit more, there's probably room for some cheap decking somewhere. I built each long side and situated it in place then connected the short sides to box it in, those long sides were heavy and I hated every minute of moving them around.

I put semi-permeable weed blocker stuff down under the whole thing, with 18" of dirt I'm not sure that's going to matter for the garden boxes but it should help with the walkways.

I'll get some pictures of my "plans" and get back to your PM tomorrow.

awesome thank you!

Boring half wall by my front door.... (plants only there temporarily to get out of the way of finishing the floor)

wiIj1oS.jpg

Had an idea... (original plan for the river stone tiles I used to make the plant coffee table with)

mnraeIb.jpg

Done! Three river stone tiles and repurposed bamboo flooring

wbwOeJy.jpg

With the couch back in place...

9NMuLJq.jpg

Is anyone having mulch dumped in their driveway? Who is the best to go with? Ohio Mulch seemed kind of expensive.

I have a trailer, so I just go pick it up from a place right around the corner from me. I got a steal this year. They still have quite a bit left over from last year. It's normally $40 per bobcat scoop. I got it for $20 per scoop and I'm able to fit 2 scoops in my trailer. I'm over near Carroll, so I know that doesn't help you much, but if you have a trailer, picking it up is the cheapest way to go.

All of them look good. We're moving next weekend and will have some planter boxes. So ready to grow some of our own things again.

Agree. I had some materials delivered from Home Depot the other day, finished up cutting everything yesterday and if the weather holds up and I have some free time later today from work, I hope to lay it all out and get ready to breaking some dirt. Ordering a load of topsoil and what not too.

Anyone have a handyman/roofer they would recommend? I need to put in a new exhaust vent on my roof.

Not without being charged a ton, it’s easy to do yourself if able

Just lift the shingles around the area, toss new vent cover on and seal the shingles back down with correct adhesive

Is anyone having mulch dumped in their driveway? Who is the best to go with? Ohio Mulch seemed kind of expensive.

message Coleyounger3 on here. He works at a dirt, mulch supply place and gave a dam good price.

Not without being charged a ton, it’s easy to do yourself if able

Just lift the shingles around the area, toss new vent cover on and seal the shingles back down with correct adhesive

I’m not about heights... at all. Its one of three things I don’t like. That’s why I’m fine with paying for it. Was hoping to find a good handyman to keep him around for other stuff down the road.

Anyone have a handyman/roofer they would recommend? I need to put in a new exhaust vent on my roof.
Rescue Roofing.

Ken Maynard 614-837-7377.

I've used them for years, commercially and personally. Never had an issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rescue Roofing.

Ken Maynard 614-837-7377.

I've used them for years, commercially and personally. Never had an issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

https://dmdrenovation.com/

Derrick cam out and repaired my rood after the cap blew off 2 weeks ago

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...