What to do..what to get...

Geeesammy

Yeah. Trade your Supra for a half century-old Cadillac.

All he wants is comfort and people to stare at him when he pulls in. Can you think of a better way to do that? I mean short of attaching a bright purple dildo to the hood of the supra....

8gP86wS.gif

have you thought about an old car? seriously, this sounds like a mid 1960's cadillac, or really any large 50's-60's barge.

There is easily $3500 worth of fun in this:

https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1966-cadillac/6563945332.html

more if you put air ride in it and lay frame at the meet.

No. That's no where near my interest lol.

The only "old" vehicle that is of any interest to me is a C10. Old cars suck, finding parts is a nightmare and when you do, you pay out the hole to get it even though it's marginally better than what you currently have. No thanks lol, I'm in that phase now and it sucks. No trim can be purchased new, even used its $500+ for BNIB window trim. I'm not paying Porsche prices for a janky Toyota.

More and more I'm leaning towards the C5 route with a c10 for a winter daily or even buy an xj each fall and just sell it to the taters at tax time.

All he wants is comfort and people to stare at him when he pulls in. Can you think of a better way to do that? I mean short of attaching a bright purple dildo to the hood of the supra....

8gP86wS.gif

If i wanted people to stare when I pull in somewhere I would just hit the 2 step and be that guy.

Ehhh, really not too big, I'm not going to daily some gas guzzling pig. I'm not too sure what you're getting at here

If you are daily driving a truck, especially an older fullsize pickup, keep in mind that fuel mileage won't be good. Also you'll be driving a 30-40 year old truck most days, and every day from November thru March most likely. If you find a clean C10 it won't stay clean very long being driven in the salt.

Just food for thought. If that doesn't sound desirable, then you might want a different/newer truck or you might want a 3rd car like a cheap Saturn or whatever.

If you are daily driving a truck, especially an older fullsize pickup, keep in mind that fuel mileage won't be good. Also you'll be driving a 30-40 year old truck most days, and every day from November thru March most likely. If you find a clean C10 it won't stay clean very long being driven in the salt.

Just food for thought. If that doesn't sound desirable, then you might want a different/newer truck or you might want a 3rd car like a cheap Saturn or whatever.

A c10 would likely end up with an ls swapped in. Those swaps seem to be pretty easy anymore and it would be something I enjoyed and could leave stock while enjoying it

I would:

Sell the Supra

keep the truck and GSXR

Work on the house.

Still not interested in riding the GSXR by mid summer sell it and look for something else to work on over the winter or another house project.

1) Read OP's post.

2) Had thoughts, but waited to see others' comments.

3) Stopped here.

4) Agree 100%.

You said you don't ride a Gixxer you already own, and you're not fixing a Supra you own...WTF talking about another car you want to buy and then not use???

A c10 would likely end up with an ls swapped in. Those swaps seem to be pretty easy anymore and it would be something I enjoyed and could leave stock while enjoying it

Hell yeah. That's a good plan :cool:

I missed the part where you said you might buy a Jeep every fall and sell it in the spring, that's an even better plan especially if you wanna keep the C10 from getting too rusty

GSXR has gotta go. I'm too big and I'm just not into it anymore. Too many close calls on it and it's just not comfy to ride anymore. If i stay with a bike ill go street glide but that's a decade down the road.

Nevermind.

Good luck finding a RCSB C10 for cheap money that's not going to need some work. I still think RCSB's are dumb...longbeds ride waay nicer on the highway and haul a lot of shit. You JUST bought a house; you'll want to take advantage of cargo hauling way more than a performance car you admit you'll not be using. Kerry's right: get your priorities straight, bud.

Ditch the Supra and bike while the offers/season are condusive for deals. Find an older truck for cheap, fix it up cheap, sell the RAM, get a sporty car that's already fucking running/driving in the fall/winter when people are looking at getting rid of stuff.

You should've kept the SL1.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127134&highlight=1987

FWIW I didn't read every post/comment so this may be repeat:

Personally I would say if you've lost interest in the Supra build (and already have a buyer!) sell it. If the GSXR is now an afterthought, sell it.

DD the truck. Get a toy whenever something strikes you using the Poopra/GSXR monies. Pretty basic. Maybe pay off some debt.

IF you want a C10 or something similar you can certainly do that. As for long beds riding better? Well, Elliot ('78 K10 short bed) rode pretty well. EllIIot ('82 Ford long bed, a.k.a. Cleetus) came with cut springs and one of the rear leaf packs resting on the bed. Do your homework. ;) (Yeah, a friendly jab at Clay was inserted here. :) )

If you just need a truck for hauling/fun I 100% support ditching the ram for an older C10 or something similar. Personally I like the older gen's with the round headlights the most. EllIIot DEF gets attention almost daily. Everywhere I go SOMEONE asks about her. Maybe get an old pickup then a reliable DD that's good on gas.

And no, old vehicles don't cost a lot to repair and parts are NOT hard to find. Maybe for a late 80's Supra or Fiero, but these old trucks have MANY options for each part and everything is stupid easy to do yourself...and I'm not even a licensed mech like you.

Best of luck bro.

1) Read OP's post.

2) Had thoughts, but waited to see others' comments.

3) Stopped here.

4) Agree 100%.

You said you don't ride a Gixxer you already own, and you're not fixing a Supra you own...WTF talking about another car you want to buy and then not use???

Here's the thing, if I had another newer sporty car, it would get driven. It's MUCH easier to drive something with air conditioning and power steering to work that doesn't scream "pull me over" or "break into me"

I could fix the supra, but it's money wasted. The car won't be good at anything other than rolling burnouts on the street and neat 3rd gear pulls. I could buy all the suspension parts availible for it, have a harness bar made and get seats for it, but that would be $5,000 down the drain id never get back and it isn't worth that to me. I know you dont get money back out of them you put in, but damn, if I'm missing $5k away ill go get some hookers and coke.

It's not that I dont have time for a sports car, it's that I don't have the time for the Supra. It's an event driving it currently. I've gotta make sure the laptop is with me, make sure it's charged, check the lights, check this, check that. It's just not fun or easy. I'm wanting something I can hop in and drive with comfort.

Yeah, all that sounds good and fun to people who don't work on cars and do that similar routine daily, but once your work becomes your fun and vice versa it blows.

Oh not to mention cant forgot to turn the fuel pump onto run in the ecu to make sure the filter isn't needing cleaned, make sure the base pressure is a steady 45psi. Then once the fuel pump heats up good luck having a conversation over that since its loud.

What about a ctsv and a beater? Not sure of the current market for the ctsv (pretty sure a gen 1 could be had for a decent price if you can find one thats not hoed out) but it would be quick and comfy.

No. Gen 1 v interiors make me puke, plus they have some quirky body electrical issues iirc

Focus on selling what you can (Supra, GSXR) and look into an older truck. Keep the RAM until you find a C10 you like.

I would still wait on a fun sports car until you’ve had a good summer with working out the house details as well as the C10. Sell the RAM and buy a sports car in the fall.

Focus on selling what you can (Supra, GSXR) and look into an older truck. Keep the RAM until you find a C10 you like.

I would still wait on a fun sports car until you’ve had a good summer with working out the house details as well as the C10. Sell the RAM and buy a sports car in the fall.

This

Old cars suck, finding parts is a nightmare and when you do, you pay out the hole to get it even though it's marginally better than what you currently have. No thanks lol, I'm in that phase now and it sucks. No trim can be purchased new, even used its $500+ for BNIB window trim. I'm not paying Porsche prices for a janky Toyota.

Eh...it depends on the car. You can build any 1960's F-body, mustang, GM A-body, Mopar E body out of a catalog and a set of vin tags. Seriously, you can even get entire body and chassis new. Lots of 1960's american cars have huge aftermarkets and knowledge bases including cadillacs.

I just mentioned a cadillac because the interest on them seems to be low right now and you can get really nice clean examples for not a lot of money. Like really clean coupes under $10K and verts, for under $15K, for cars where you maybe have to fix the cigarette lighter and do some light cleaning and buffing. They draw tons of attention, accommodate big guys, ride like a living room on wheels, and have torque for days so you can do peg leg block long rolling burnouts without breaking a sweat. Also the engine bay is so big and everything so overbuilt that absent rust nothing is hard to get to or in a tight place.

Where you are with the Supra, is where a lot of us middle agers were with cars from the late 60's and 70's. With my GTO I bought the 1 orphan year where there didn't make a lot of stuff for the car so I never finished the cosmetic part of my restoration, now however, they make everything and my only excuse is the car is 400 miles away.

But I get it, you aren't into old cars. Don't get a C10, I don't think you would have the patience for dealing with it, even though you could almost build one out of a catalog.