Dodge Demon 1/4 mile times/mods

Mallard

Hell yes its impressive as is. We are on the same page now. It's a factory built car that is meant for drag racing, but seems to be awfully cozy to drive on the street too. Times must be tough for people to find problems with a production car that runs low 10s/high 9s stock. Low 9s with not much more.

Haha. Interesting times indeed.

So I'm of the camp that thinks it's awesome that a La-Z-Boy can scoot. I'd like the performance AND the comfort.

I remember being amazed when the friggin' SRT4 hit the market. That was a step up from the ACR of the 90's. Power windows?! Hell naw! JUST GO!!!

With this you get the go and the goo.

Hell yes its impressive as is. We are on the same page now. It's a factory built car that is meant for drag racing, but seems to be awfully cozy to drive on the street too. Times must be tough for people to find problems with a production car that runs low 10s/high 9s stock. Low 9s with not much more.

The car is proof that the world just got much better at making cars. If you compare it to something like the old L023 Factory Hemi Darts or the superstock barracudas - those things had bare bones van seats on wobbly drilled fixed seat brackets. No back seat. You didn't even get window cranks and regulators - there was a seatbelt that you used to pull the window up and down. No sound deadening, no options, no comfort. You, a wheel, and a shifter sitting in a 10.5 second tin can that was barely street legal and came with no warranty.

http://rods-classics.com/sites/default/files/107/interior2.jpg

yeah that seatbelt hanging over the door? that's how you put the window up.

Now we have a 9 second beast, fully street legal, with power windows and seats, airbags, air conditioning, and a stereo/infotainment system better than half the market has now.

I am kind of curious what this platform is capable of once someone treats it like a proper drag car: Roll cage, gut the doors, fiberglass bucket, lexan windows, etc...

I am surprised nobody has tried to retrofit the new demon drivetrain into one of the older super stock drag pak chassis. I think people had the weight on those down to 3098lbs (they were about 3500 as delivered).

The car is proof that the world just got much better at making cars. If you compare it to something like the old L023 Factory Hemi Darts or the superstock barracudas - those things had bare bones van seats on wobbly drilled fixed seat brackets. No back seat. You didn't even get window cranks and regulators - there was a seatbelt that you used to pull the window up and down. No sound deadening, no options, no comfort. You, a wheel, and a shifter sitting in a 10.5 second tin can that was barely street legal and came with no warranty.

http://rods-classics.com/sites/default/files/107/interior2.jpg

yeah that seatbelt hanging over the door? that's how you put the window up.

Now we have a 9 second beast, fully street legal, with power windows and seats, airbags, air conditioning, and a stereo/infotainment system better than half the market has now.

I am kind of curious what this platform is capable of once someone treats it like a proper drag car: Roll cage, gut the doors, fiberglass bucket, lexan windows, etc...

I am surprised nobody has tried to retrofit the new demon drivetrain into one of the older super stock drag pak chassis. I think people had the weight on those down to 3098lbs (they were about 3500 as delivered).

*seats are optional lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

*seats are optional lol

well...somethings don't change. Thing is, when you do pay for the optional seat, they don't give you the front seats out of a base model dart.

With the Old Factory superstocks the passenger seat was optional (rear seat was non-existant because they wouldn't clear the wheel tubs) and your only seats were low back non adjustable buckets out of a base model dodge van.

off topic for a second: I just realized does chrysler/dodge not sell a compact car anymore...WTH? I knew the dart was dead, I didn't realize that they got out of small cars entirely.

off topic for a second: I just realized does chrysler/dodge not sell a compact car anymore...WTH? I knew the dart was dead, I didn't realize that they got out of small cars entirely.

Small cars have low margins, declining sales, lots of competition, and take up the same amount of assembly plant space as a more profitable vehicle.

If you want a small car from FCA you'll have to buy a Fiat or a Jeep Renegade or Compass.

Small cars have low margins, declining sales, lots of competition, and take up the same amount of assembly plant space as a more profitable vehicle.

If you want a small car from FCA you'll have to buy a Fiat or a Jeep Renegade or Compass.

you lost me at wanting a small car from FCA....

Another Off topic question: what's the smallest car FCA is thinking about putting the hellcat drivetrain into? we have the charger, challenger, and trackhawk GC - why can't we get a trackhawk wrangler or a trackhawk renegade?

Another Off topic question: what's the smallest car FCA is thinking about putting the hellcat drivetrain into? we have the charger, challenger, and trackhawk GC - why can't we get a trackhawk wrangler or a trackhawk renegade?

Hellcat Dart...

#justGeetothings

They killed the 200, dart, patriot and replaced them with fiat and the renegade.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

They killed the 200, dart, patriot and replaced them with fiat and the renegade.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Nothing replaced Dart and 200, but Fiat is the small vehicle brand. They do make some small sedans too, but they don't being them to the US. The Renegade didn't replace Patriot either, except in keeping the traditional Jeep styling. The new Compass is the single model to replace the old twins.

/way off topic now.

Everyone is making a big fuss about ford making an exit from the sedan market, meanwhile FCA pretty much already did that with the exception of the charger. LOL.

Getting back on topic for a second, where do we think the limits of the demon are?. 8’s? 7’s?, do you think we will see a street stock demon in the 6’s?

How are these engines holding up to mods? Is there still meat in it like an LS motor? Or once you cross 1000 hp breakage is measured in hours not miles?

Everyone is making a big fuss about ford making an exit from the sedan market, meanwhile FCA pretty much already did that with the exception of the charger. LOL.

Getting back on topic for a second, where do we think the limits of the demon are?. 8’s? 7’s?, do you think we will see a street stock demon in the 6’s?

How are these engines holding up to mods? Is there still meat in it like an LS motor? Or once you cross 1000 hp breakage is measured in hours not miles?

You can refer to my reply in the other thread about Ford dropping their sedans where I talked about this and explained why FCA's situation is different. Also, don't forget about the 300, like everyone else does. There's also the Guilia, Ghibli, and Quattroporte, but luxury brands play by different rules.

When Hellcat Chargers/Challengers are running 9's with bolt ons and putting down 900 whp is there a question about how they respond to mods? I've heard some say that after 900 whp that the trans is the weak link, but others here can probably chime in.

You can refer to my reply in the other thread about Ford dropping their sedans where I talked about this and explained why FCA's situation is different. Also, don't forget about the 300, like everyone else does. There's also the Guilia, Ghibli, and Quattroporte, but luxury brands play by different rules.

When Hellcat Chargers/Challengers are running 9's with bolt ons and putting down 900 whp is there a question about how they respond to mods? I've heard some say that after 900 whp that the trans is the weak link, but others here can probably chime in.

If the limit is 900 wheel in a 4500lb car then they did something right when they designed those. That's a bunch of power in a heavy car. The torque cant be good on them either. I think we will find out relatively quickly just how far they can be pushed in a demon as people aren't being shy about modding them and then running them hard.