Bust Out Another Thousand, Then Some More

oh8sti

You go to springs dock? We have a house on the water there!

Congrats, looks sweet!! Don't even bother bringing it up to Ohio, lol. I live in Columbus and for the past 3 years we've left our boat down at Norris all season long, the water is SOOO much better.

Don't power turn, don't power load it, wipe it down religiously, know that it'll only reverse to the right until you learn how to swing it around, it won't steer in neutral so in tight areas get used to bumping in & out of gear to maintain control but keep speed to a minimum. Surfgate likes a little bit of a list to the surfside so either move people weight or fill the bags like 80/100 depending on which side you're surfing on. Practicing driving/backing w/ the trailer, when backing put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel and whichever way you want the rear of the trailer to go move your hand that way, and while backing LESS is more in terms of steering/turning the wheel etc.

I'm sure my list could go on and on, I've grown up on inboards and have bought 2 new ones in the past few years, splitting time between Norris Lake and Lake Cumberland.

Here's a couple pics of mine...and tower stereos rock and surfing is a blast, haha.

28089911754_30c1bb95f8.jpg

28601451442_3f6de256a0.jpg

34197755714_3daba3af2f.jpg

35756738182_8aee3706aa.jpg

35377375194_15b8756757.jpg

37216975885_cb75567e53.jpg

You go to springs dock? We have a house on the water there!

Yep! We’ve stayed at several different marinas and probably visited them all. We have a few friends with places down there but have also rented several floating houses, lake front houses or condos down there. That’s awesome you guys have a place, it’s in our ~5 year plan.

Yep! We’ve stayed at several different marinas and probably visited them all. We have a few friends with places down there but have also rented several floating houses, lake front houses or condos down there. That’s awesome you guys have a place, it’s in our ~5 year plan.

Let me rephrase that... Our family shares a house on the water there. So its not "ours", But its a blast there.

I have cheap ones on my truck that only do 1k leveling and I have to manually inflate them... they make a huge difference im handling. If I was using your setup I would have 5k+ bags on but to each their own.

FWIW these bags dont add additional towing capacity, they just level the truck so you aren't nose high.

If you are over your max weights, these bags dont change that.

2018 FORD RAPTOR SUPER CREW CAB

Maximum payload weight: 1,200 lbs

Maximum trailer weight: 8,000 lbs (with a weight distributing hitch, see table below).

GCWR: 14,250 lbs

What does this mean in the real world? If you have a 2017 Raptor Super Crew, and you are towing an 8,000 lbs trailer (with 800 lbs of tongue weight), then you can add up to 400 lbs of weight (people and/or cargo). All together, truck + trailer + people + cargo cannot exceed the GCWR, which is 14,250 lbs for the Raptor crew cab.

In general, the fancy suspension on the specialty off-road trucks does limit the payload and towing capabilities. This is not just the case with the Raptor. The payload/towing capability decrease is similar with the Ram Power Wagon, Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, Chevrolet Colorado ZR2, and many others.

Based on that - I believe I am good. I wont be towing with a full truck, bed and boat. The boat is 5,000lb out of water. In the water it can get to 8,000lbs + with ballasts, fat sacks, etc.

If you go over the "rating" your truck instantly explodes. I put 2,250lbs of hardwood flooring and 4 people in my 16 2.7 F150 and it literally just exploded. My payload is rated at 1900 I think.

Wait no it didn't. Ran fine. The lawyers who typed these specs up probably drive range rovers, not trucks.

If you go over the "rating" your truck instantly explodes. I put 2,250lbs of hardwood flooring and 4 people in my 16 2.7 F150 and it literally just exploded. My payload is rated at 1900 I think.

Wait no it didn't. Ran fine. The lawyers who typed these specs up probably drive range rovers, not trucks.

Word. It'll 'handle' more. I'm not sure how exceeding any of these limits comes into play should you have an at-fault accident, but, just don't do that. Anyways, you might be pushing the tow rating, but I don't think you're exceeding it. You've certainly got the power, and also the braking. You weigh more than an normal F-150. And you're wider. The only thing I can think of that's really hurting you when it comes to towing, is the soft suspension. Big deal. Tow on.

BTW, how do you like that little 2.7? I want to test drive one just to see what it's all about. I'll be ordering an 18 or 19 Lariat SCrew w/ 5.5' bed by the end of July, or early August. I'm heavily leaning towards the 3.5 EB. These 2nd gen EBs seem nasty.

BTW, how do you like that little 2.7? I want to test drive one just to see what it's all about. I'll be ordering an 18 or 19 Lariat SCrew w/ 5.5' bed by the end of July, or early August. I'm heavily leaning towards the 3.5 EB. These 2nd gen EBs seem nasty.

I really like it. Got it new in may of 16. The 3.5 seemed lethargic when I drove it and cost more up front. Mine is a Super cab 4x4 XL. I have 42k miles and just under 10k are towing. Mostly an open car trailer and light racecar or a 21ft ranger bass boat. It seems the gen 2 2.7 and 10 speed with dual injection and better cruise gears is a good improvement over what I have.