Goodguys this weekend - parking lot parties?

Geeto67

Anybody doing the parking lot party at the crowne plaza in westerville tonight or tomorrow?

It's free to attend (food and drink isn't), and usually a good time followed by cruising on Busch blvd.

Edited by Geeto67

I will be out and about Sat eve with the boy in tow. Dinner Sat eve at QSL and then hitting up Busch and 161

This is literally what I'll hopefully be doing. My 7 year old son has really been into cars lately, since I got my Cobra back on the road. I hope to be out at QSL with him in the Cobra and then cruise around to see what else is going on... :cool:

I hit up last night at the Crowne Plaza. It was a full parking lot but not a lot of Busch Blvd cruising. Took the kid and stayed till dusk, she loved it. Was surprised at the number of "new" to the show cars that showed up - stuff I hadn't seen at the GGs shows before.

It made my night to see not 1 but 2 1959 caddys. I had been complaining recently that I hadn't seen one in the wild in quite a while (like 5 years at least), there wasn't even one at last years GGs show. There was also a 1950 and a 1960 that were both very striking.

Busch will be interesting now that the Bob Evans burnt to the ground, Giant Eagle is gone, and hotels are disappearing in that area. Betting Polaris and maybe Crosswoods will be the better spots.

police presence there last night was a little intense too. I counted about 5-6 units just driving up and down Busch on my short trip from the exit off I-71 to the Crowne.

Two sobriety checkpoints planned tonight in northern Franklin County

By:

Description: COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Franklin County DUI Task Force will hold two sobriety checkpoints tonight to combat impaired driving. The checkpoints will be on Cleveland Avenue near Hanawalt Road in Westerville and Schrock Road near Garden Terrace Road in the city of Columbus.

(Sent from 10TV WBNS)

Link to this article:

https://www.10tv.com/article/two-sobriety-checkpoints-planned-tonight-northern-franklin-county

This is literally what I'll hopefully be doing. My 7 year old son has really been into cars lately, since I got my Cobra back on the road. I hope to be out at QSL with him in the Cobra and then cruise around to see what else is going on... :cool:

Feel free to come join us if want a good spot ( safe ) to watch from with the boy. I'm going to drop the truck off late afternoon at the Wendy's parking lot, close to the Wendy's big sign and then come back that evening as I only live a few miles from there.

So the kids can stay up in the back of the truck and have a good place to watch from away from the crowd and street. Just look for the big lifted blue F-150 with blue rims, wont be hard to spot even in that crowd. Prob be there around 6-7 until whenever. Cell is 614 620-5050.

I'm sure my 6 year old boy Miles would love to have another kid to watch it with for a while... just an option if you want. :-)

Hit Crowne/Busch last night at 8:00. walked around, saw some amazing cars, uncorked the headers on the Jeep and hit the traffic jam on Busch. More cops in one place than I have ever seen in Ohio. Could only make one lap.

Hit QSL at about 10 pm and it looks like the burnout competition was in full swing but the kid needed to get to bed and was getting scared by the noise. Got followed most of the way on 270 by two cops (probably due to the open header and the 1-2 powershift I did getting on the ramp to 270 from polaris pkwy.

good times overall.

I already have a good-sounding famous Camaro lol.. just not quite as fast

Slight understatement on not quite as fast...haha. I had a feeling one of the 1LE cars there was yours. Were you still there when Linn left? He made some noise on Polaris. Car runs well.

police presence there last night was a little intense too. I counted about 5-6 units just driving up and down Busch on my short trip from the exit off I-71 to the Crowne.

We left Busch around 9pm tonight and it was the same. If you sneezed you would get pulled over, but they let alot of non-legal cars drive without issue. I even saw a road legal circle track car not get harassed.

Drive around last night as well with the family. There were a bunch of cars at the Crowne Plaza in Dublin from the Arthritis Car Show. Then we went up to Crosswoods and the wife was shocked how many people were sitting along the road there. We tried to get up towards QSL too but it was packed and traffic was CRAZY. So many cops everywhere.

I cruised with Aaron yesterday and checked out all the spots briefly. Too crowded to bother. Friday night was just right.

I feel bad for all the people that stayed at Busch Blvd and camped out. They had 0 fun to watch.