Stormy Daniels arrested in Columbus

CRed05

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/us/stormy-daniels-arrested-strip-club-columbus.html

The charges “stem from an allegation that while performing, she engaged in touching with customers who turned out to be undercover vice officers,”

So first I thought it's pretty convenient that 3 undercover cops just happened to be there on the night that the person who is currently having legal battles with the POTUS.

As someone who has on occasion found myself in situations that resemble these that the undercovers have found themselves in...I decided to look up up the law and came across this article.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170930/ohios-strip-club-law-rarely-cited-over-last-decade

A state law enacted 10 years ago to restrict sexual activity and limit operating hours at strip clubs and adult book stores has been spottily enforced, and in some cases not at all.

So on top of everything, it's a law that pretty much never gets enforced...unless it's the one night, at the same venue that Stormy Daniels happened to be in.

The Community Defense Act, as it was called, was approved in 2007 at the urging of Citizens for Community Values, a Cincinnati-based conservative religious organization.

Of course, why wouldn't it be a religious organization :rolleyes:

Fearing that was unconstitutional, legislators substituted a provision prohibiting patrons from touching a nude or semi-nude dancer, or their clothing, in a club, anywhere on the premises or the parking lot. This excludes members of the dancer’s immediate family

:dumb: At least you can touch your daughter when you're visiting her at the strip club

Some “touches” face more serious penalties. Touching a dancer’s genitals, buttocks or the “female breast below a point immediately above the top of the areola” is a first-degree misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine. A second offense is a fourth-degree misdemeanor, punishable by up to 30 days in jail and a $250 fine.

1. Ohio is a state full of Prudes

2. The no touching law is supposed to be enforced against patrons to prevent "unwanted" touching - I don't know that it was ever intended to be enforced against dancers but they are the ones most affected by it because it creates a "no touch zone".

3. do y'all not have lap dances in Ohio?

2. The no touching law is supposed to be enforced against patrons to prevent "unwanted" touching - I don't know that it was ever intended to be enforced against dancers but they are the ones most affected by it because it creates a "no touch zone".

A law to protect the dancer gets the dancer arrested.

https://www.10tv.com/article/police-stormy-daniels-grabbed-backside-undercover-columbus-officer

The report says when the officers approached the stage, Daniels held the face of the female officer between her breasts. It also says she did the same to a male officer. The report says Daniels fondled the buttocks and breasts of another officer. At that point, court documents say a fourth officer exited the club to request assistance to make an arrest.

Sounds like your typical Wednesday at the titty bar. So there were 4 cops there...must've not been any other real crimes being committed that night.

So first I thought it's pretty convenient that 3 undercover cops just happened to be there on the night that the person who is currently having legal battles with the POTUS.

So this has actually been gnawing at me a little because there is an inference that the POTUS somehow has such large big brother ties that he can have local law enforcement harass someone that is his enemy. And for the most part that inference isn't unfounded, smaller countries with totalitarian rule have a long history of doing exactly that on a far grander scale.

But the thing about America is - this is one of the things that bureaucracy in government helps to prevent. It would be next to impossible for the POTUS or his people to picked up a phone and make a call that would have officers he didn't know deployed. Plus I highly doubt he is even aware of SD's location at all.

But it wasn't an accident or coincidence that the under cover officers were there. More than likely there is some dipshit Trump supporter in Ohio government thought independently this would be a good way to send the message to SD that you fuck with the president (literally and figuratively) and it comes with "consequences". Maybe some low level arm of the GOP is involved somehow, but that's probably it. We will probably never know though.

If this were any other president, there would be an inquiry, and an apology, and likely some other statement denying harassment and reinforcing that citizens should feel free from persecution by the government just because they challenge its leaders. But this is Trump, I doubt any of that will happen and I'm sure he's delighted that his acolytes will carry out the harassment of women he has come in sexual contact with on their own when he is far too busy to do it himself.

But it wasn't an accident or coincidence that the under cover officers were there. More than likely there is some dipshit Trump supporter in Ohio government*** thought independently this would be a good way to send the message to SD that you fuck with the president (literally and figuratively) and it comes with "consequences". Maybe some low level arm of the GOP is involved somehow, but that's probably it. We will probably never know though.

Bingo. *** = "or law enforcement"

Don't underestimate the brainwashing of Trump supporters, who would unflinchingly take a personal stance against their fellow man if they felt that Trump's "honor" was being threatened.

Bingo. *** = "or law enforcement"

Don't underestimate the brainwashing of Trump supporters, who would unflinchingly take a personal stance against their fellow man if they felt that Trump's "honor" was being threatened.

No brainwashing. No brainwashing. You're the brainwashed.

I can't tell if he is actually "brainwashing" people, or he is just playing to what people already think. It's probably 50/50 both. He says something that resonates with his audience at a rally and then it becomes part of his platform, but then later says something completely made up and those same people go along with it without fact checking because he said that other thing they already believed in. It's like watching the world's most low class marginally racist feedback loop in action.

Remember kids: "Because it would be funny" is never a reason to elect someone to public office.

I love that the 2 conspiracy theories that are circulating right now are:

- we live in the most Big Brother American Government ever and Trump can make phone calls and have anybody harassed; and

- SD set this up herself to get publicity since she had fallen out of the media cycle.

Lol at the matter. Did she even have and credibility to lose? Will be interesting to see if Trump tells Twitter about her this week.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Who said anything about credibility? this isn't about credibility it's about harassing American citizens for otherwise legal behavior.

If he were smart he would steer well fucking clear of this mess and off twitter, so 60/40 we hear something on twitter before weeks end.

Who said anything about credibility? this isn't about credibility it's about harassing American citizens for otherwise legal behavior.

If he were smart he would steer well fucking clear of this mess and off twitter, so 60/40 we hear something on twitter before weeks end.

Its not legal in the state of Ohio though. Also shouldn't the establishment take some fault for it as well? Also curious if there were any other girls that danced before her and were doing the same thing. If so were they arrested or was stormy singled out?

Also curious if there were any other girls that danced before her and were doing the same thing. If so were they arrested or was stormy singled out?

First of all, are you honestly asking if any other girls were motorboating patrons in the club that night? Honestly? Is this a real thing that you're confused about? Like you're so innocent of what happens in strip clubs that you honestly don't know?

If so, I volunteer to do the research.

Its not legal in the state of Ohio though.

Technically yes it is not legal for her to touch someone. However it is perfectly legal to shit talk the president and to sue him as a person for actions that occurred prior to being the president without fear or retaliation.

Let me put it this way: say your neighbor is the mayor's brother, and and you catch him pissing on your lawn and you sell the pictures to TMZ, and as a result the mayor has a squad car follow you around the city everywhere and write you a speeding ticket for every time you go 1 mph over the speedlimit. Do you think that is fair? Or legal? what about if you know their threshold is 5mph and they just made a special exception for you?

see where I am going with this?

Police departments have policies of enforcement for the purpose of uniform consistency across the population - or in other words to prevent rogue cops from harassing their ex-spouses with technically legal tickets, etc... or for leveraging their authority in an unfair way. We also know that the criminal process is a hassle so they have standards concerning what they observe, how they go about doing it, etc...to prevent entrapment, abuse, etc..

yeah I am not saying what she did was technically legal or illegal, but the police weren't there to enforce the touch law because of the law, they were there to abuse their power against an individual and find any reason to harass her for things she did that were legal (like suing the president) but they disagreed with politically.

Its not legal in the state of Ohio though. Also shouldn't the establishment take some fault for it as well? Also curious if there were any other girls that danced before her and were doing the same thing. If so were they arrested or was stormy singled out?

It's required by OH law that if someone honks their horn at you in order to pass, you MUST (unless passing on the right is permitted) move to the right, maintain speed, and allow that person to pass. I would be OK if CPD saw it fit to provide a 3-to-1 officer-to-offender ratio on that sort of enforcement since that is arguably a great public safety hazard, but alas, we're stuck with a department that sees fit to enforce the titty laws.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.27

1. Ohio is a state full of Prudes

3. do y'all not have lap dances in Ohio?

And New York City is full of assholes please drive back there.