College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said that was a lot of shit talking going on in the college football thread. My immediate thought was "This mutherfucker Lauren is trolling again...", and I couldn't be more wrong. Now, you guys want to play nice before I have to send you to your rooms?

Haskins has been as advertised so far. He makes the hard throws look easy, and the regular throws look like he's just playing catch in his backyard. Granted, it has been against inferior and depleted backfields so far. Also, the threat he offers seems to have really opened up the running game, and both Weber and Dobbins seem to be running hella hard now that they know they don't have to compete for carries with JT. Through two games, the squad is looking pretty damned good.

Any thoughts on whether or not the fact that Day doesn't have Urb looking over his shoulder has "freed them up" to call the game he wants to? How many more QB keepers are we seeing if Urban is calling the plays?

Someone said that was a lot of shit talking going on in the college football thread. My immediate thought was "This mutherfucker Lauren is trolling again...", and I couldn't be more wrong. Now, you guys want to play nice before I have to send you to your rooms?

Haskins has been as advertised so far. He makes the hard throws look easy, and the regular throws look like he's just playing catch in his backyard. Granted, it has been against inferior and depleted backfields so far. Also, the threat he offers seems to have really opened up the running game, and both Weber and Dobbins seem to be running hella hard now that they know they don't have to compete for carries with JT. Through two games, the squad is looking pretty damned good.

Any thoughts on whether or not the fact that Day doesn't have Urb looking over his shoulder has "freed them up" to call the game he wants to? How many more QB keepers are we seeing if Urban is calling the plays?

A lot of the hope I have for the season will diminish if week 4 against Tulane we see Haskins run the ball 10-12 times.

I'm pretty pumped to see us against a real team this week. I think most of us Buckeye fans can see our potential this year, this TCU game will be a validation game for us I think. Even though it's practically a home game for TCU, it's a place where we have had a lot of success and I see that trend continuing this week.

Dobbins looked pretty good but it honestly looks like he's a step slower than last year. We have 6-7 receivers who can all create separation and make big plays. As a defense, what's your game plan to slow down our offense? Is there one?

Pumped to see Haskins and our receivers play at Jerry World. Ohio State has had a lot of success there the past few years and I heard a stat that Big 12 teams are 0-11 since Jerry World opened playing non-conference opponents. Our receivers should be able to showcase their speed here and now we have a QB who can get them the ball. I think if our D can hold up, we could make a statement Saturday.

I seriously hope ole Urb doesnt go back to running the ball all the damn time when he returns. Its refreshing to see us moving the ball down the field thru the air. Obviously, it opens the door to so much more potential when we have 2 RBs who can run thru a brick wall, a WR corp who can catch, and a QB who can rocket them down the field. Get the D-line cleaned up a bit and this team is gonna be deadly.

Prediction

OSU 45

TCU 24

I think Haskins lights it up. I think TCU is going to bring pressure to stop the run and try to disrupt Haskins but I think he hits our fast receivers in 1 on 1 coverage streaking across the middle and they break some long runs. The only area I am a little nervous about is our speed at LB against some of the weapons TCU has on the edge. If we can contain them, I don't see their offense being a big issue. I think Dobbins has a big game as well, playing back home. Who knows which receiver steps up. I guess that depends on which one Haskins throws to because I think there's a good chance any of them could be open on any play. The rare luxary we have. Go Bucks!

Bingo. I'm pretty perplexed on what ol' Red Rocket thinks needs cleaned up.

I mostly had week 1 in mind, where Oregon state hung 31 points on the board. I'll admit they looked much better week 2 (obviously), and both Bosa and Young look phenomenal. That being said, you see absolutely no room for improvement whatsoever?

I mostly had week 1 in mind, where Oregon state hung 31 points on the board. I'll admit they looked much better week 2 (obviously), and both Bosa and Young look phenomenal. That being said, you see absolutely no room for improvement whatsoever?

The first team of Bosa, Jones, Landers, Young is just beyond phenomenal. Cooper, who has been playing the first few snaps then being replaced by Young isn't anyone special. Tyreke Smith who is playing in this year's rushmen package is a true frosh, so he has room for improvement, he is also a physical freak though. Vincent, Toigai, Jackson, and Garrett need improvement, but again Toigai is a true frosh and is already one of the first 2nd teamers in the game

Bosa and Jones have seen a total of like 5 2nd half snaps through 2 games

Is there room for improvement? Always in anything.

Is our D line the facet of our game that needs the MOST improvement? Not even close. It's perplexing to me for anyone to even suggest that is the weak link in the chain.

Or State scored 31 points. The VAST majority of that was against high schoolers. Our backups backups.

The starting D line is insane and, as prove above, top notch.