College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Wisconsin is getting all the love. They have a great O Line and a great RB but they are in the west which is weak. Maybe will be better with Fleck and Frost in the West but this year should be an issue. Penn State will be a big test. I see them making the BIG10 championship but not getting out of that as usual.

Yeah I think 1, people are all the sudden doubting Ohio State because of the whole scandal thing and 2, they're anticipating Wisconsin getting out of the regular season with 0-1 loss because of their side of the division. Even though, that's not how rankings should be determined week 1, I think it's playing a part.

I've actually thought that too- not sure why they're ranked so high and getting so many picks to make the final 4. Their QB is mediocre at best and their defense isn't anything to write home about. We'll see- maybe we're missing something.

What is everyone's for UM vs. ND this weekend? 2/4 of my least favorite teams so we'll see how it goes.

I honestly see Penn State finishing 4th in the B1G East. I think they're a tough team, but they lost some key guys, mainly Barkley. I guess the way I look at it, I think Penn State got slightly worse and I think everyone else got slightly better. I don't think McSworley is this world beater people are making him out to be either, but I guess we will see.

I'm taking Michigan by less than a TD in the ND game. Michigan's schedule is so brutal, they absolutely need to win in my opinion.

You think buckeyes secondary looks good? Giant holes and blatant PI's. D line and offense looks good. Haskins arm is great

Well their starting safety who makes all the on field calls and adjustments is out with an injury so there are 2 new guys at safety

But was he?

I think he was a shit coach. OSU's receivers have been underachieving for years under his watch. Michael Thomas looks a hell of a lot more impressive in the NFL than he ever did in college. Who did Zach Smith ever develop? Devin Smith was a one trick pony. Jalin Marshall was hot garbage. Who led the team in receiving last year? Bin Victor with like 400 yards? They get all these four and five star receivers and none of them really do anything.

I've never heard anyone around the program suggest that Zach Smith was even a halfway decent coach.

Whoops.

Edited by Otis Nice