College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the calls for Gene's head are way unfounded at this point in time. If OSU proves that Urban and Gene turned everything over to HR, then what? Still going to call for Gene's head? I can tell you right now, only Central HR has the power to fire someone at OSU, not Gene, not Urban. Even then, what if Gene decided, as a Senior Official of the University, that all these claims didn't rise to HR action, or maybe even they put ZSmith on a written warning, then what? Still Gene's fault? For what? Right now they are trying to figure out if Urban and the coaching staff knew anything more damning that what had been reported to Administration.

Based on Urban's statement yesterday, it's clear he tried to play coy at Media days and was only referring to the supposed "arrest" that never happened, hoping that it would all go away in a few days.

Urb is coming back - I would be blown away if that doesn’t happen.

Don’t confused support for Urb for being an apologist for domestic violence. You can’t just go around ruing people’s lives that aren’t directly related to the situation at hand.

Don’t confused support for Urb for being an apologist for domestic violence. You can’t just go around ruing people’s lives that aren’t directly related to the situation at hand.

I'm 50/50 on it now. I hope that it's true, and that the university has documented proof that they did their due diligence back then. I'm just worried that they didn't. Zach Smith didn't exactly throw Urb under the bus in his interview, which I think is what a lot of folks thought he would do.

As far as Archie being the AD, I thought they offered him that position back before they hired Gene, but he turned it down. Hell, as head of the Alumni Association, he was essentially OVER the AD.

As far as Archie being the AD, I thought they offered him that position back before they hired Gene, but he turned it down. Hell, as head of the Alumni Association, he was essentially OVER the AD.

...but with less operational responsibility. Why deal with the hassle?

...but with less operational responsibility. Why deal with the hassle?

Exactly. If I'm Archie, I don't see the appeal of that job. You are already a Buckeye legend, becoming AD could only put you in a place to tarnish that legacy.

I don't think it is any guarantee. Too many questions out there and this is more about the university than Urban. OSU football will be here for a long time whether Urban stays or goes. What's better for the university in the long term, not 2018 football season?

Why didn't he let this guy go back in 2009 or in 2015 when he found out. The fact that it was his mentors grandson shouldn't mean anything. How long do you want to put up with his crap that could damage the image of OSU or his own? You have the Tressell (which was more about lying) thing and now this, OSU boosters and the President are only going to put up with so much before they have to cut it off.

Does OSU let him go "without cause" and pay him his millions to just zip the rest of the issue shut? That situation could be to keep it from going deeper with the AD and HR IF it was reported and nothing was done.

There is always a fall man for these types of things and usually it is the assistant coaches but in the case, that cant happen.

I think the investigation will show a history of both ZSmith and CSmith being shitty, lying, cheating people in their personal lives.

Urban isn’t responsible for their personal decisions. If he is required to be responsible for them, I think he isn’t paid nearly enough.

I would never take a job in the public light if that isn’t the requirement. That’s insane.

I think the investigation will show a history of both ZSmith and CSmith being shitty, lying, cheating people in their personal lives.

Urban isn’t responsible for their personal decisions. If he is required to be responsible for them, I think he isn’t paid nearly enough.

I would never take a job in the public light if that isn’t the requirement. That’s insane.

Why would you keep someone like ZSmith around if given the choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you keep someone like ZSmith around if given the choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was he ever proven guilty? Perhaps Urb knew she was a crazy, lying bitch, and that he would rather have an excellent assistant coach than not, all because of some nutjob's allegations. I'd be hesitant to fire the guy too if I knew it likely wasn't true.

he would rather have an excellent assistant coach than not

But was he?

I think he was a shit coach. OSU's receivers have been underachieving for years under his watch. Michael Thomas looks a hell of a lot more impressive in the NFL than he ever did in college. Who did Zach Smith ever develop? Devin Smith was a one trick pony. Jalin Marshall was hot garbage. Who led the team in receiving last year? Bin Victor with like 400 yards? They get all these four and five star receivers and none of them really do anything.

I've never heard anyone around the program suggest that Zach Smith was even a halfway decent coach.

But was he?

I think he was a shit coach. OSU's receivers have been underachieving for years under his watch. Michael Thomas looks a hell of a lot more impressive in the NFL than he ever did in college. Who did Zach Smith ever develop? Devin Smith was a one trick pony. Jalin Marshall was hot garbage. Who led the team in receiving last year? Bin Victor with like 400 yards? They get all these four and five star receivers and none of them really do anything.

I've never heard anyone around the program suggest that Zach Smith was even a halfway decent coach.

So an NFL player looks better than they did when they were a kid? You don't say! :lol:

Haters gon' hate. Some of the WR's you're calling trash are far better than you give them credit for. The best? Nah. Better than, "hot garbage"? Absolutely.

Someone is butthurt that Urb didn't want to deal with Gainesville anymore. :lolguy: I'd find anyway I could to get out of there too.

But was he?

Poor choice of wording on my part. I didn't mean that 'I' thought he was, but maybe that Urban did, at the time. I agree, I don't feel like the WRs have been pulling their weight the past couple years or so. Who knows, perhaps the firing had been coming anyways because of their poor performance.

Urban has never had elite WRs, fox put a team together of NFL players he has coached, here are the starting 3 best. Meh and even Fox says it’s weak, he does run a spread option.

Starter No. 1: Michael Thomas

Starter No. 2: Philly Brown

Backup: Jalin Marshall

When it comes to former Meyer players in the NFL, the wide receiver position is the weakest, as there are slim pickens on the depth chart. However, Michael Thomas has the most impressive resume at this juncture, as he is currently leading the New Orleans Saints in receptions, and is second on the team in both receiving yards (500) and touchdowns (3) in his rookie season. On to Philly Brown.

So an NFL player looks better than they did when they were a kid? You don't say! :lol:

Haters gon' hate. Some of the WR's you're calling trash are far better than you give them credit for. The best? Nah. Better than, "hot garbage"? Absolutely.

Someone is butthurt that Urb didn't want to deal with Gainesville anymore. :lolguy: I'd find anyway I could to get out of there too.

You're totally missing the point. Good NFL players typically killed it in college against lesser competition. That wasn't the case with Thomas at all. And yes, Jalin Marshall was a garbage receiver.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Urban nor Gainesville. Just calling it like I see it. I don't think Zach Smith has accomplished anything of note as a coach, and that's the bottom line.

Poor choice of wording on my part. I didn't mean that 'I' thought he was, but maybe that Urban did, at the time. I agree, I don't feel like the WRs have been pulling their weight the past couple years or so. Who knows, perhaps the firing had been coming anyways because of their poor performance.

Be CR: bag on JT for years for being an awful QB. Turn around and bag on WR/WR coach for under performing the last couple of years. :lol:

You're totally missing the point. Good NFL players typically killed it in college against lesser competition.

Like Doug Baldwin, for example?

I get your point. Believe me. It's just not a very good point IMO. That's all.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Urban nor Gainesville. Just calling it like I see it. I don't think Zach Smith has accomplished anything of note as a coach, and that's the bottom line.

Marshall has the second most receptions in a season behind the legendary Chris Carter. Hot. Garbage.

I didn't say he was a stud. As a matter of fact I said him and some of the others aren't near the best tOSU has ever seen let alone the rest of the country. You just seemed super salty towards all things tOSU...which I guess should be expected of a Floriduh fan who likes pro wrestling. :lol:I'm kidding. Don't go gettin' all rustled.

Personally I think the OSU passing game has suffered for various reasons and I'm not here saying Smith is a fantastic coach. I just find humor in witch hunts and what not. That's all. :)

Did you read the article or just the first sentence?

Yes. It is clearly spelled out in the Sexual Misconduct Policy.

Dating violence and domestic violence.

All such acts of relationship violence are forms of sexual misconduct under this policy.

In addition to the requirement of reporting incidents of sexual assault, the following members of the university

community have an additional obligation to report all other incidents of sexual misconduct, when they receive a

disclosure of sexual misconduct or become aware of information that would lead a reasonable person to believe

that sexual misconduct may have occurred involving anyone covered under this policy. These individuals must

report the incident within five work days of becoming aware of such information:

1. Any human resource professional (HRP);

2. Anyone who supervises faculty, staff, students, or volunteers;

3. Chair/director; and

4. Faculty member.

All members of the university community can make reports/file complaints as outlined below.

1. Contacting the offices below will satisfy the employee duty to report:

Report/Complaint Type Agency/Office Contact Information

Sexual misconduct involving

employees

Office of Human Resources

(deputy Title IX coordinator)

https://hr.osu.edu/wp-content/uploads/policy115.pdf

The author obviously didn't even read the fucking policy.

Bottom line, Urban issues Performance Reviews, which means he manages staff. He is required to report it to HR within 5 days. PERIOD. It's then up to HR to determine if this falls within the scope.

The author obviously didn't even read the fucking policy.

Bottom line, Urban issues Performance Reviews, which means he manages staff. He is required to report it to HR within 5 days. PERIOD. It's then up to HR to determine if this falls within the scope.

It sounds like he did that....now what?