Header leak.. need welder.

vonrottes

My expensive ass stainless works long tube headers have developed a REALLY bad leak at the merge/collector.

I emailed them Thursday about the warranty, they have not gotten back to me other than asking for pictures of the crack, which is near impossible since it's in the middle where the four tubes come together... I need this repaired asap but I'm not sure this can be repaired without cutting the merge off.

So is there anyone here that is capable of repairing a 304 stainless header this week???

Contacted Alex, he's currently busy and referred me Jon Moore, awaiting his reply.

I've also contact CPW which is who I bought them from. as suggested on another forum.

I'm not a welder, but where this leak is looks like it will be a bitch to fix.

Contacted Alex, he's currently busy and referred me Jon Moore, awaiting his reply.

I've also contact CPW which is who I bought them from. as suggested on another forum.

I'm not a welder, but where this leak is looks like it will be a bitch to fix.

Based on what I saw in your video, best case scenario, the leak is where the collector meets the primaries and a competent welder could grind back the existing weld and reweld deeper into the pocket between the primaries. Worst case, the leak is where the primaries meet and are welded to either a bullet that simulates a merge collector or a spider like in most off the shelf headers. This would require either the collector be cut off to access that spot or if lucky a pencil style tig torch could be used if the collectors are short enough. Sad to say, but a new set of headers might be less expensive than the repair.

Based on what I saw in your video, best case scenario, the leak is where the collector meets the primaries and a competent welder could grind back the existing weld and reweld deeper into the pocket between the primaries. Worst case, the leak is where the primaries meet and are welded to either a bullet that simulates a merge collector or a spider like in most off the shelf headers. This would require either the collector be cut off to access that spot or if lucky a pencil style tig torch could be used if the collectors are short enough. Sad to say, but a new set of headers might be less expensive than the repair.

cheapest for replacement would be $1,200

I can't imagine best case would cost more than $2-300?

the problem is you maybe dealing with a never ending cycle of cracking down the road. 2-300 now, every 2 years repairs to the header, combined with the time contacting people to get fixes, and time taking headers off car. . . . it maybe quicker to pay up front to not have to deal with it for years.

the problem is you maybe dealing with a never ending cycle of cracking down the road. 2-300 now, every 2 years repairs to the header, combined with the time contacting people to get fixes, and time taking headers off car. . . . it maybe quicker to pay up front to not have to deal with it for years.
Gotcha makes sense. Just kinda pisses me off that I paid the price for a "quality" product from a reputable company and I'm getting ignored by their customer service like this..

I've email SW again with the video attached.

And if they won't cover it. I'll be switching over to the flowtech stainless longtubes which are only $599 vs $1,200.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gotcha makes sense. Just kinda pisses me off that I paid the price for a "quality" product from a reputable company and I'm getting ignored by their customer service like this..

I've email SW again with the video attached.

And if they won't cover it. I'll be switching over to the flowtech stainless longtubes which are only $599 vs $1,200.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tinman knows his shit...sounds like new headers may unfortunately be the way to go. :(

I had no idea they were $1200. I had assumed a header with an issue like that would have cost far less. Great to hear they are standing behind their product and making things right.

Yeahhhh,if they had been a cheap set like the original eBay short tubes I was running I wouldn't have even bothered.. but these are just a little pricey to say screw it