Anyone here use HULU $39mo and up plan?

TTQ B4U

I tried the WOW Upgrade to 100mb from our current 60mb but they gave me a hard time, etc. and went through the BS pitches and reason why they couldn't, etc. but I didn't really push as I was leaving anyway but it really just a nail in the coffin. They didn't give a crap until I called them to set up the cancellation. Even then they never "offered" anything. Spectrum has been bugging us for over a year and bent over to get us up and running with them. I put them off a week but they were ready to install us the next day.

This is exactly what we are going through, and our Spectrum install is tomorrow. If we hate it, we have 30 days to cancel, and at that point I might just cut the cord, and pay for internet and a bunch of streaming services the kids care about.

There is no customer loyalty anymore, so after 15 years with WOW I'm out. We will see what happens...

Tom

"Give me something for free"

"No"

"CLEARLY YOU DON'T VALUE MY BUSINESS"

America, everyone.

How it actually went down.

Me "Why am I paying more for less speed?"

Them "Give us even more money and we'll give you that speed"

Me "Go pound sand"

I'm at 30mbps for $60/month

The new tier is 100mbps. New customer is $30/$40/$50 at 0-12mths/13-24mths/24+mths.

I asked them to give me 100mbps at $50/month. No price cut, I never asked for or wanted a price cut. I just want the new speed tier at the full normal price. They wouldn't do it. They would do 100mbps for $80 or $85/month. Or keep me at 30 for $40, or give me 60 for $45.

I'm just confused and pissed at this point.

I don't really understand why I've ever had to call in to get my speed increased when I'm paying the same price or higher as their new faster speed tiers.

If I'd never called in, I'd be at 5mbps or whatever my original speed was.

Edited by Trouble Maker

I tried the WOW Upgrade to 100mb from our current 60mb but they gave me a hard time, etc. and went through the BS pitches and reason why they couldn't, etc. but I didn't really push as I was leaving anyway but it really just a nail in the coffin. They didn't give a crap until I called them to set up the cancellation. Even then they never "offered" anything. Spectrum has been bugging us for over a year and bent over to get us up and running with them. I put them off a week but they were ready to install us the next day.

Exact same thing I went though.

It seems like in this thread they are just trying to bleed as many customers away as possible, and greatly succeeding at it.

This is exactly what we are going through, and our Spectrum install is tomorrow. If we hate it, we have 30 days to cancel, and at that point I might just cut the cord, and pay for internet and a bunch of streaming services the kids care about.

There is no customer loyalty anymore, so after 15 years with WOW I'm out. We will see what happens...

Tom

I agree with this forsure. I've had WOW for over 15 years and Verizon for over 20 and as much as companies bitch that customers have no brand loyalty they bring it 90% on themselves. All the perks are thrown at stealing customers and nothing towards the ones they have. You have to call and attempt to cancel every year to get anything done with them...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I steal my sisters Hulu, its ok. It's definitely geared more towards people who watch network shows that don't want to pay for cable. They'll have some movies, some original content but most of their content is popular network shows. If that's what you enjoy you'll like it.

I'm about to switch from WOW to Spectrum. They offer more for less, simple as that. Unless the folks at WOW can cut my bill significantly, I'm out

Pulling down 467Mbs and getting 27Mbs up. Not bad for $64mo. Happy camper today.