Road force balancing

Miller

Unfortunately we hear that rather often :mad:

Where are you in relation to us?

North of Route 36 in Sunbury.

I just had to cancel my appointment because when I called to confirm,the tech led me into this conversation "that's a large wheel, what car is this for?".

I responded "My Viper."

He says "you're going to need that road forced balanced."

"I know, that's what I said when I scheduled..."

"I'm going to need to take it out and drive it, see what it's doing and get the tires nice and hot before the balancing."

"I'd prefer that you handle the balancing and the machine. I can bring the car in with the tires hot."

We disagreed, I backed out. Nothing gets me more excited than handing off my 600hp car to a stranger on a cold day.

Tried Wheel Medic - Booked until Wednesday

Lucore - Booked to Monday

Pickups plus - Static balances only

Local Dodge Dealership - wanted $250

Any other thoughts?

Edited by Miller

For the record tires need to be warm from driving, however if it’s done as soon as you come in that’s not a problem.

So why are you all about this road forcing? Are you trying to diag a vibration? Road forcing is only going to aid in match mounting or identifying a bad tire, it won’t show something being out of round and every tire machine measures balance.

Too bad it’s going to be wet and cold we could work it out tomorrow, I’m not working but we could check it out.

Too bad it turned out to be a beautiful day! :cool:

I found my way into a Discount Tire at lunch. 1 hour wait* and, they seem committed to taking care of the car. Sales person here at the Lewis Center location has been great. Now to see if they know how to use their machine haha.

Edited by Miller

Unfortunately we hear that rather often :mad:

Where are you in relation to us?

North of Route 36 in Sunbury.

I just had to cancel my appointment because when I called to confirm,the tech led me into this conversation "that's a large wheel, what car is this for?".

I responded "My Viper."

He says "you're going to need that road forced balanced."

"I know, that's what I said when I scheduled..."

"I'm going to need to take it out and drive it, see what it's doing and get the tires nice and hot before the balancing."

"I'd prefer that you handle the balancing and the machine. I can bring the car in with the tires hot."

We disagreed, I backed out. Nothing gets me more excited than handing off my 600hp car to a stranger on a cold day.

Tried Wheel Medic - Booked until Wednesday

Lucore - Booked to Monday

Pickups plus - Static balances only

Local Dodge Dealership - wanted $250

Any other thoughts?

**crickets**

I have a rhythmic vibration in the rear end at 75+ and the wheels are currently static balanced.

Usually tire balancing problems start at a lower speed, sounds like a driveshaft issue if you are calling it rhythmic. Tire balancing certainly is less expensive to rule out.

Discount Tire came through. Charged me $40 and found all four wheels took weights (despite being static balanced by someone I know and trust). The staff at the Lewis Center location are great guys who genuinely like cars.

Viper's riding smooth as glass.

Cliff notes: Viper techs wanting $250 LOL to balance tires.

Edited by Miller

Well I'm glad to hear you got it taken care of, and someone actually knew what they were doing! Sorry we couldn't get you in quicker than Monday, as the leaves start changing Build/Rebuild season has us crazy right now.

On a side note, if you need my professional opinion on the balance of the tires feel free to swing it by and I'll warm them up just to check ;)