Mustang bros... PP vs No PP and 15-17 vs 18+

Bam

Shopping for a 15+ gt vert and looking for some insight before purchasing.

Should I get the performance pack? I like the sounds of it but from a quick search appears the Magneride suspension may be more difficult to change/upgrade over the standard? Just considering lowering at some point. Not sure if I should even make it a priority for a fun weekend car.

And anything to know about 15-17 vs 18+? From what I can tell it’s an appearance change front/rear and that’s it. I do prefer the dual twin tips on the 18+ exhaust but not positive the curvy front end has grown on me enough yet. Any other changes to consider?

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If auto the 18+ trans is different, on the used market the performance pack won’t cost any crazy additional monies so I say If buying a used one get one with it if you can.

Definitely getting a manual, finding a used one optioned up isn’t easy, going to drive a new one today.

Cliff notes, everything is better on the 18. New motor puts out more power, gets optional 10 speed auto I'd that's your thing (auto lol) and the manual was refreshed with different gearing.

Absolutely get the performance package, worth it for brakes alone.

Mag ride is an option on the 18 and not available on 15 to 17. Can also get adjustable exhaust in 18 which is very cool. Standard GT exhaust is much better sounding than 15 to 17.

Ask specific questions if you have them.

Get the performance pack if you aren't going to mod it. Otherwise go barebones and upgrade everything.

Definitely prefer the performance pack, nothing much mod related planned.

Cliff notes, everything is better on the 18. New motor puts out more power, gets optional 10 speed auto I'd that's your thing (auto lol) and the manual was refreshed with different gearing.

Absolutely get the performance package, worth it for brakes alone.

Mag ride is an option on the 18 and not available on 15 to 17. Can also get adjustable exhaust in 18 which is very cool. Standard GT exhaust is much better sounding than 15 to 17.

Ask specific questions if you have them.

Hmm, definitely not getting an auto. Didn’t realize 18 got more power and better gearing. Finding the performance package is proving difficult. I built one and sticker was 53k, lol for a mustang so not trying to go that route yet. I drove an 18, exhaust note was definitely sexy.

Planning on test driving this one today. Thoughts? https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/753491084/overview/

18 without PP or 17 w/PP for same price? That’d be my only question right now.

Whats your budget?

Do you prefer lux options like the premium package (big screen, leather, cooled and heated seats etc) over performance options like the performance package (3.73 torsen, upgraded suspension , 6 piston brakes, braces and radiator, etc)?

That 17 convertible is optioned with both packages, good color, etc. That's not a cheap car new. I'd try to get it for 30k and think that'd be a good price for that car.

I'm assuming you aren't concerned with outright performance looking at convertibles, so a 17 vs 18 is less of an issue. I think the 15 to 17 look better too.

Performance wise the 18 is a big improvement though. It might be worth spending a bit more for one.

performance

convertible

k

:dumb:

It’s not like it’s a Sebring, or a v6 camaro...

Whats your budget?

Do you prefer lux options like the premium package (big screen, leather, cooled and heated seats etc) over performance options like the performance package (3.73 torsen, upgraded suspension , 6 piston brakes, braces and radiator, etc)?

That 17 convertible is optioned with both packages, good color, etc. That's not a cheap car new. I'd try to get it for 30k and think that'd be a good price for that car.

I'm assuming you aren't concerned with outright performance looking at convertibles, so a 17 vs 18 is less of an issue. I think the 15 to 17 look better too.

Performance wise the 18 is a big improvement though. It might be worth spending a bit more for one.

Lux options over performance. Not sure I’ll notice the pp options with my anticipated driving, but it’s nice. Definitely plan to work on the price but also realize it’s a rare combo and good color.

You'll probably be fine in a premium package 18 then, it's the better car, but the 17 is nice too.

Agreed. Budget is 50ish, but can’t see spending that much on a mustang. LOL. Ricart has an 18 but it’s a prior rental and white, both are turn offs to me but it’s priced at 34 too, same as the 17. Wish there were more for sale. Going to see what I can do on this 17 today after driving it to make sure it drives as nice as the 18 I drove yesterday.

Welp, had to walk away after a test drive. Smiled ear to ear and was ready to buy when I pulled back in but noticed a few loose trim panels while looking it over and then bare metal/rough fender lip on left quarter, doesn’t match the right side so makes me think it’s been repaired and not the best since it’s easy to spot.

Considering a new one now, probably order to get exactly how I want. Ugh.

50k buys a gt350, not sure why you're shopping regular gts. GT loses it's appeal in low 40s new.

50k also buys a zl1...

And m4 and m2 and Corvettes.

Look on Facebook pages or mustang6g as there's always a cream puff mustang going up for sale. Many with superchargers or other very nice mods. New and non gt350 isn't a wise financial move on mustangs.

Yeah...but they don’t sell a vert gt350... and the others don’t appeal to me. I’m open to suggestions but did find two new 19’s for $40k I’m going to call on Monday. I have and will continue to look on the forums but it seems a loaded gt vert manual isn’t very common as I haven’t had any luck finding one.

Any other fun convertible to consider?

Yeah...but they don’t sell a vert gt350... and the others don’t appeal to me. I’m open to suggestions but did find two new 19’s for $40k I’m going to call on Monday. I have and will continue to look on the forums but it seems a loaded gt vert manual isn’t very common as I haven’t had any luck finding one.

Any other fun convertible to consider?

Vette