College Football Thread 2018 v 2.0

Mitch

To be fair though, a DIII National Championship season would be the exact same number of games as a P5 National Championship season (15)

And Bingo was his name-o.

Money, the big difference is money.

Yup. Amongst other things.

I'm fine with a 5-loss conference champion getting in. If they made it to the conference championship and won it, then they deserve it. I remember mediocre Giants' teams squeaking into the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl each time. At least it's objective criteria that's being used.

6 spots, 5 conference champs, 1 at-large wildcard. The wildcard allows the human element to stay involved (because apparently we need that in college football to determine championships). ND can join a conference and get an auto bid or just chance it every year and hope they get the wildcard selection.

So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankful for what Urban has done here. I think most of us knew when he was hired, at best we were getting 10 years from him. He's not a long term guy and he never has been. He's a great coach, like we discussed before possibly the greatest of all time and if not certainly top 2-3. He does not handle stress well though. He lets things linger and you can tell he keeps it on his mind and it gets to him. Whether it's the cyst thing or the scandal or whatever, the stress was his ultimate demise.

I wonder if they will announce Day is their guy or if they are going to at least open it up for interviews?

dan lebatord apparently is saying Urban to Oklahoma and Oklahoma's coach to green bay. interesting.

I trust forum rumors more than that moron.

I'm sure Urban knows he cannot continue to pull the "health" card, run away for a year then come back again. Anyone that still has respect for him will lose it. LeBron did it though when I didn't think he would and that dude is about as egotistical as it gets and seems to care more about his reputation than anything so who knows.

per that presser "I will not coach again"

maybe talking out the side of his mouth? it smells like something is coming in the athletic department for him at OSU.

It was mentioned in the presser a few times. They just don't know what. Probably some sort of advisor role

Conspiracy theory is this was all part of the Suspension, he was asked to leave at the end of the season, so he agreed took the suspension and would announce his “retirement” later (the other day) so he could go out a hero on good standing and not “fired”. Rumor is also he informed the team of him leaving the program before the Maryland game.

LOL at Chris Carter throwing shade Harbaugh’s way spreading rumors of him leaving for Green Bay or Brown’s job, in order to impact his recruiting in wake of Urban leaving.

Conspiracy 2

tOSU somehow thinks/knows Harbaugh is leaving for the NFL. scUM had their eye on our future (Day) and Urban knew it. Urban also knew he wasn’t going to coach much longer, at best 1-2 years. Looked at himself in the mirror and did what was best for the program by stepping down and giving a guy he trusts and knows will do an outstanding job the chance. tOSU in return gives Urban a cake gig working for the University.

*paraphrased a theory from Eleven Warriors*

Do you guys think Urban even coaches this year if he doesn’t sign that extension before all that crap goes down?

I just hope he "gets it" about winning but especially beating the brakes off ttun.

GOD Almighty I couldn't take another John Cooper fiasco...a tie feels like a win..WTF

When asked during the press conference what makes The Game special to him, his reply was something along the lines of remembering as a kid watching it with his grandpa. You could kinda hear in his voice that he was somewhat scrambling for an answer. He’s from New Hampshire. It’s hard to imagine him having the same respect for the rivalry as an Ohio or Michigan guy but who knows.

He coached in it for a couple years...I think he gets it as much as he can. He also has had Urban there stressing the rivalry. He'll be fine...

Point back to Cooper all you want, but we want the best chance to win, not just someone that "gets" the Michigan game.

I'm selling all this "not an Ohio guy" bull shit. Gross.