College Football Thread 2018 v 2.0

Mitch

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW the big running play for a TD NW had today in the 1st had 2 holding calls missed, #70 held #2 so the RB could get the edge, then number 8 was held, then pretty much blocked in the back so the RB could score. Those calls shouldn’t be missed when I can see them on TV with my beer goggles on in real time.

BTW the big running play for a TD NW had today in the 1st had 2 holding calls missed, #70 held #2 so the RB could get the edge, then number 8 was held, then pretty much blocked in the back so the RB could score. Those calls shouldn’t be missed when I can see them on TV with my beer goggles on in real time.

Glad I wasnt the only one who saw that shit.

I'll be surprised if Ohio State makes it in. Not shocked, but surprised. They weren't impressive enough in the win over NW. Hope I'm wrong.

No reason why Haskins shouldn't win the Heisman. He has more passing yards and TDs than the other 2 candidates and he shattered long-standing records in the B10. And it's more difficult to play QB in the B10 than the B12 or the SEC by virtue of the weather. People forget that. Though, I assume the Heisman will go to Tua because it's Alabama and we declared him the winner in week 5 when Haskins was too busy not getting any credit for anything.

New rule that will never happen: You can't make the Playoffs if you're not in a Conference. That eliminates ND and their shit schedule... :D

Would love this.

I would also love it if ND were dropped down to 5 or 6 and the committee said something to the effect: "Not playing anyone is worse than losing to someone good. You're now in line behind Georgia. Please strongly consider joining a conference so that the end of your season is not devalued with a bye."

And behind a 2-loss Georgia. Wow.

Takeaway: don't lose to Purdue.

Unfortunately, this season was weird because you had 3 undefeated Power 5 teams. Usually, you don't have that many. As a result, it created a bottleneck for that 4th spot.

They went with the safest pick but the worst team of the 3. Oklahoma “deserved” it but the argument they’ve always made in years past is the best 4 teams. UGA and OSU are close but I think you give the edge to Ohio State because of Meyer. I can’t be too upset just because we looked like shit most of the season. I think if we only lost to Purdue 35-20 like we should have and we beat Maryland by double digits we easily get in

2nzhap.jpg

I'll be surprised if Ohio State makes it in. Not shocked, but surprised. They weren't impressive enough in the win over NW. Hope I'm wrong.

No reason why Haskins shouldn't win the Heisman. He has more passing yards and TDs than the other 2 candidates and he shattered long-standing records in the B10. And it's more difficult to play QB in the B10 than the B12 or the SEC by virtue of the weather. People forget that. Though, I assume the Heisman will go to Tua because it's Alabama and we declared him the winner in week 5 when Haskins was too busy not getting any credit for anything.

Fully agree.

Dan Mullens (committee chair) couldn't/wouldn't answer a question directly. Makes me think the committee has no idea what they are doing.

Insert shocked Pikachu face here as well.

Oh well, we can go put a beating on Washington in the Rose Bowl and continue to play the part of mid-2000s USC: lose to a stupid team that derails chances of playing for championship, get hot toward the end of the season, and then destroy opponent in bowl game.

Definitely didnt think OSU was in. Are they better than Oklahoma as a whole? Probably, but playing shitty defense only matters if you play in the B1G. Also, Oklahoma lost to Texas and not FUCKING PURDUE. Georgia being ahead of us is funny. Sure, they gave Bama a game, but Tua wasnt healthy and when Bama needed to Bama they did. SEC east is WAY over hyped. Georgia isnt bad, but Florida isnt Michigan and Kentucky?...hahahaha

Really? LSU, who is way 2nd fiddle in the SEC west, SPANKED Georgia. Still a better loss than Purdue, but it seems that ES(EC)PN is driving the hype bus once again and it feels like they are trying to piss people off to push for a larger playoff. More money all around for those clowns.

Other than "becuz SEC" mouth breathing, please expand on why Georgia is ahead of OSU? I'll hang up and listen.

Georgia has a more difficult schedule than Ohio State. Of course that’s based on rankings and those are subjective. That being said, Georgia’s played a more difficult schedule.

Georgia’s defense is better statistically than Ohio State’s.

Beyond that, I don’t know what the committee is basing their ranking on. I wouldn’t have Georgia ahead of Ohio State.

I also think Georgia playing Alabama close resulted in diluting support for Ohio State. It’s almost as if them hanging around “stole” some votes that could have gone to Ohio State.