2019 Jeep Gladiator

zeitgeist57

Remember all these years of me crapping on SUV's?

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhh...I'm taking a bit of that back for this bad boy...

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-jeep-gladiator-is-the-glorious-jeep-pickup-you-1830696134

- 4-door, 5-passenger family vehicle

- 4-wheel drive

- Classic Styling

- PICKUP TRUCK BED WITH A TOW HITCH

- CONVERTIBLE

- STICK SHIFT

Well fuck me. That is awesome. Bet its closer to 50 grand seeing as a JL Rubi is just over 40 :eek:

I'd take a used poverty-spec Sport as long as it's a 3.6L/6-speed manual.

I've loved by 8' bed tee-ruks but I'm inclined to do this with a Harbor Freight folding trailer...

https://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?AttribSel=Trailer+%26+Towing%3D%27Trailers%27&CatPath=All%2BProducts%252F%252F%252F%252FUserSearch%253Dtrailer&RequestData=CA_AttributeSelected&dir=asc&order=EAScore%2Cf%2CEAFeatured+Weight%2Cf%2CSale+Rank%2Cf&q=trailer

We've been talking about that in chat box off and on. It's definitely an awesome platform that is long overdue. Price point hopefully will be similar to the rubi. In a perfect world, I would love to see them start optioning the jeeps with a v8 platform like they use to way back when. If they dropped a HEMI in there I'd venture to say they would sell like hotcakes. The diesel option sounds like a sweet set up though.

I agree clay, I actually called my wife and had her look it up at work.

It’ll tow my car to the track with the 7650lb tow rating, it’ll be a wrangler with no top, doors, etc for her and it’ll be a pickup for suburban house stuff. Not to mention manual. Or diesel...

Prolly get one in a year or 2 for jess.

I agree clay, I actually called my wife and had her look it up at work.

It’ll tow my car to the track with the 7650lb tow rating, it’ll be a wrangler with no top, doors, etc for her and it’ll be a pickup for suburban house stuff. Not to mention manual. Or diesel...

Prolly get one in a year or 2 for jess.

Do not tow a full size car with this.

Do not tow a full size car with this.

It'll be fine. All new chassis, new cooling, optional diesel, it'll pull just fine up to a few hours away. Anything longer I'll take my dad's truck. Keep in mind I don't even have a trailer or the truck so this is all dreeemz.

It'll be fine. All new chassis, new cooling, optional diesel, it'll pull just fine up to a few hours away. Anything longer I'll take my dad's truck. Keep in mind I don't even have a trailer or the truck so this is all dreeemz.

Let’s hope it’s built better than the JL Wrangler frames.

Just like anything made domestically, they’ll probably priced themselves right out of the market. Most people need/want them can’t afford to buy, people who can afford to buy won’t care.

This was my first thought. Stupid high price that most people won’t be able to afford, and those than can afford it will either buy a Wrangler or full size truck based on what their intended use is. Jeep people are crazy though, I bet they sell like crazy.

I want one for offroading. The JKU was superior to the regular Jeep with the extra length, and this would be even better....Like how the Tacomas wheelbase helps compared to my FJ.

Would just make for an insanely expensive offroader. Would have to get the Rubicon, then all the other goodies like a rear bumper to protect that massive overhang.