2020 Silverado HD

PRD2BDF

Between the 2019 Silverado and the 2020 Silverado HD, my theory is Chevy is testing customers to see how ugly of a truck they can make before people quit buying them.

They already make a mediocre truck and have a plethora of followers simply because, "mah daddy and his daddy drove a Cheby and I'mma drive Cheby too!"

I feel like if it had a bow tie on the front instead of the CHEVROLET, it wouldnt be half-bad.

tenor.gif?itemid=4742387

The same guys running their marketing campaign must be in charge of design works as well.

:lolguy:

"Here's some paid actors who def aren't paid actors. Here's the new Cheby's that are mediocre and won't even stand up to these tests. Buy one anyway."

I'm not supporting this hideous design, but if you see it a few hundred thousand times, it may grow on you after awhile.

If you saw AIDS a few hundred thousand times would you want it? Hard pass.

Remember when the Camaro was released again? Pepperidge farm remembers.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62838&highlight=2010+camaro

You're right. GM was and still is making ugly vehicles. :gabe:

GM gonna GM....what you gonna do?

Not buy one and lol at the bailout needed?

Ford did it first (like it or not). Seriously, just extend a chrome CHEVROLET bar and it's the same design.

GM: phoning it in since 1978.

The price point diff between a Ford fleet truck and a GM HD may be a LITTLE diff, and while the Ferdlol is silly it's not the "OMG TOP OF THE LINE CHEBY GON' MAKE YOU A COOL BRO!"

To be fair, this is a bottom scraping XL work truck. The upmodels did not look nearly as bad.

YUGE PIC!

Though I don't think this is most aesthetically pleasing truck either, it's certainly better than this abomination GM is putting out.

Chris and his giant pic gets it.

The design speaks for itself... terrible...

But don't worry, they will make a commercial telling you how many JD Power awards it received. They will also remind you how people LOVE it!!! and it will 100% be the leading truck in its class. GM sure does win a lot of awards... from what their commercials say.

:lol: This. 100% this. They spend more trying to convince folks they're the best rather than trying to actually be the best.

Did they bring the Pontiac Aztec design team out of retirement?

Funny you should mention that since links in this thread lead me to this post.

RIP Chevy 1920orsomethingithink-2018

srsly everything 2019+ is giving me eyeball aids

Ok, this is proof enough that GM is an abomination to automotive engineering. Damn.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they bring the Pontiac Aztec design team out of retirement?

The Design team that designed the Aztek, headed by Tom Peters, also designed the 5th and 6th generation camaro and the C7 corvette. The problem wasn't the initial design, the problem was what GM did to it after by committee in translating it from concept to production - it basically went from a more versatile S-series blazer type vehicle to a minivan with a tent.

anybody want to bet they sell a lot of them?I feel like a chevy truck will sell even if they attached a purple flaccid dildo to to the hood, because some people come from gm families and blah blah blah 'MERICA!

I love my dad but he's one of those "GM guys", only buys two brands of cars: Chevys and Jeeps. Has only owned 2 fords in his life: a 1956 Sunliner and a 1976 Pinto and hasn't owned one since the 1970's. He's not the only one I know like this, my buddy bobby's dad only buys GM and cadillac. Never underestimate the willful blindness of brand loyalty, they won't see the ugly they will see all the cool new features.

Forgot the new Blazer has the divorced lighting elements in the front fascia.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/chevrolet/blazer/2019/overview

I've always liked different, but despite the "new" (mid-'00s European design) Chevy is using, I will never forget there's some crappy, lease-only engineering to this vehicle.

At least GM is smart enough to know that the loyalists that berate the New-Ugly Chevrolet can go to Caddy, Buick, GMC for their fix.

All yall who never bought or will buy a new HD truck complaining while there are a million old people buying them to tow their campers because their daddy would kill em if they got a ford.

I know. It's weird. JFB forbid if anyone should have an opinion on anything they don't nor will own/partake in like sports, politics, professional racing, motorcycles, etc. :lol:

Oh, and Blazerlol.

While I'm ragging on GM "phoning it in"...

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-017-768x497.jpg

Interesting, GM! Instead of using your corporate logo, something you hold in high regard and cherish, you're going with an industrial script? How clever...

772019_3.2746.jpg

Ahh, that's right...Ford did that back in 2010.

Way to be original and groundbreaking in truck design, Chevrolet. :rolleyes:

While I'm ragging on GM "phoning it in"...

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-017-768x497.jpg

Interesting, GM! Instead of using your corporate logo, something you hold in high regard and cherish, you're going with an industrial script? How clever...

772019_3.2746.jpg

Ahh, that's right...Ford did that back in 2010.

Way to be original and groundbreaking in truck design, Chevrolet. :rolleyes:

Ah, interesting. I forgot that Ford did this bullshit on the Raptor. I hate on there as well. The previous gen you have pictured here looks ridiculous. I never understood the F150 guys who buy a "Raptor style" grill for their truck to get this look.

PAR-41-0157_15-17F150PackagedRaptor-StyleUpperGrille_Installed_002.jpg

Ugly.

But maybe I'm the one who is just out of touch, since I see this shit on the F150 forums all the time.

Props to FCA...the new RAM is just an attractive-looking truck from every angle. It's just so disappointing how rust-prone they are.

Agree. If this Ram was the one to market when I bought in 2016, I would have had a vvvveeeerrrrrryyyyyyyyyy long look at it. It's a really nice truck.

GM is always doing things that seem to be caused by Ford and Chrysler, like the damn company name on the grill. I have always been very die hard GM, but I have totally lost interest in the last few generations of stuff. With the exception of how fun the Camaro and Corvette still are, I have no intentions of buying what’s out now. I’ll just keep making money fixing them and driving my old stuff. Quite honestly I only really like what came out in the early 2000s hence what I own. The whole thing is just sad really.

GM is always doing things that seem to be caused by Ford and Chrysler, like the damn company name on the grill. I have always been very die hard GM, but I have totally lost interest in the last few generations of stuff. With the exception of how fun the Camaro and Corvette still are, I have no intentions of buying what’s out now. I’ll just keep making money fixing them and driving my old stuff. Quite honestly I only really like what came out in the early 2000s hence what I own. The whole thing is just sad really.

Yep. Pretty much how I feel

• 6 months later...