Car goals in 2019 (New Year's Wrencholutions)

zeitgeist57

For my '86 GT:

Finally fix the broken passenger seat. Needs something welded, I just haven't taken the time to find someone that can do it. Possible have the hood painted. It had some sap drip on it last year and some of the paint is peeling off. I'm debating if I should just have that painted or maybe even plasti-dip it since it's supposed to be black anyway. Other than that, I got a lot of the work done this past year to get it back on the road and driveable.

For my '03 Cobra:

I've got some sort of clutch cable / throw out bearing noise that started late summer. I believe it's just a stretched our clutch cable, so hopefully that will be a quick fix. Other than that, it's tip top! :D

For my '08 G8 GT:

I've got a squeaky belt / pulley thing going on. Started right before I put it away for the winter. More of an annoyance than anything.

So yeah, I don't have a lot of car goals for 2019, just mostly keep my shit running and fun. :lol:

However, my 7 year old is big into cars now and wants to go to the drag strip. So I might take one of them. Either the G8 or the '86, probably. Something he can maybe ride along in. :)

Why not take the Cobra to the track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Now we need pics of said car.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1035&pictureid=9230

2013 S6

4.0 V8TT 420hp S-Tronic

Fully loaded with the exception of the Bang & Olufson stereo and the previous owner traded the car in with the standard 19s instead of the 20s that the window sticker had. Fucker.

Edited by kickass
Google Photos didn't show up, CR photo albums uploads at a random orientation ¯\(°_o)/¯

Since I crushed the car that is in my avatar I started over. Ended up with a rust free 88gt Fox. Swapped to all tubular qa1 front end with qa1 coil overs. Through the floor subframe connectors with a 10pt chromoly cage. A bunch of team z goodies on the rear end and a 6.0 with twin 70s and Holley efi. The goal is a consistent 8 second car I can drive to work.

Since I crushed the car that is in my avatar I started over. Ended up with a rust free 88gt Fox. Swapped to all tubular qa1 front end with qa1 coil overs. Through the floor subframe connectors with a 10pt chromoly cage. A bunch of team z goodies on the rear end and a 6.0 with twin 70s and Holley efi. The goal is a consistent 8 second car I can drive to work.

man that sounds like a great ride and will easily do that

Just booked all my hotel rooms and registered for Power Tour. No backing out now.

Spoke to dad about it last week and we agreed we are going to be doing the trip in the family C4 Zr-1 (that we bought new in 1990). Figure it will be a nice addition to that car's "story".

Can't Wait!!!!

Hopefully finish the swap in my Rx7 and get it driving this year, maybe take it to a track at some point. Also, I need to get a good ej20 for my wrx and get the title for it (it belonged to a friend of mine who passed, his mom gave it to me then she passed before she got the title done) and use it as my daily. Hope to not be such a hermit this year, maybe come out to CC&C (screw the Friday/Saturday night meets, I haven't gone in a few years as it has become a total shit show), maybe even bring my son and see if I can spark an interest in cars for him.

'18 was a bloody expensive year. A move, a wedding, 2 vacations, picked up another lowered Mk3 Jetta GLX, and a janky 2nd gen Dakota.

The Jetta needs a ton of work. Pretty much all the steel lines in the brake system, and chase a random ground, and the typical heater core issues.

While the Dakota has low miles for its age, and is crazy clean for its age, the suspension needs a revamp, tires etc. Likely will just lower it, and add a few well placed R/T parts to stiffen it up in the turns.

The big plans are another move to Indian Lake, and a new boat purchase in a few months. Headed back to school finally this summer to broaden my earnings potential a bit. Life is good.

The Wife's Ninja has been in storage for a long time, and needs gone through, hopefully I can tinker with that here and there.