2,000 PSI 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer

BBQdDude

Thinking of getting a pressure washer. Mainly for the car but will use to do the house siding once a year. Normally this model is $220. Found a refurb with a year warranty for $120 and free shipping.

Then get a foam cannon like the DUSICHIN DUS-007 Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon.

Thoughts? Is it overkill.

Specs:

2,000-PSI 1.2 GPM for efficient cleaning of residential areas

Powerful 13 Amp electric motor

Pressure technology delivers maximum cleaning power

Hose reel for user convenience

25 ft. non-marring high pressure hose will not leave scuffs on the job

Rugged roll cage frame design protects the motor housing and stays upright; no tippin

2000 psi is going to start stripping paint, so you won't use it at full blast. Most have a variable pressure knob, and you want to keep the PSI around 1200 with a spray head (not stream). I don't think a 2000 psi machine is overkill for a car because it all depends on the nozzles and you turn the pressure down.

I had an old Karcher electric pressure washer, bought it back in 2004, still works fine. I left it with dad when I moved out here and he still uses it to wash the cars and blast the house. Takes a while, but it works. If you are doing a sidewalks and stuff (he isn't) you want one that is capable of going up to 3000 psi or higher which is where gas powered ones come in. Working off memory, I think wood is 500psi and siding is somewhere around 1500psi.

Yeah I have the $70 Harbor Freight one and its even been great. I use the little soap attachment and while it is NOT foam, it does a decent job.

If I did it again I would still get a cheapo one, but one with a "real" wand so you can change out the nozzles...the HF one is not such a machine.

Yeah I have the $70 Harbor Freight one and its even been great. I use the little soap attachment and while it is NOT foam, it does a decent job.

If I did it again I would still get a cheapo one, but one with a "real" wand so you can change out the nozzles...the HF one is not such a machine.

I also have the Portland HF electric power washer and while it's loud, it's very good. Great for cleaning around the house outside when you're not foaming or washing a car. I will admit that I was lazy and left it outside last year (hoses attached) after washing a couple of my cars in the evening, when it dipped right around freezing and it cracked the aluminum pump housing...an expensive McSteak but one I'm happy I made at the $70 level instead of a lot higher.

Yes, if you jerk off watching AMMO NYC videos and have a Bob Vila tattoo on your back, then this is not your pressure washer. If you want to simply blast away debris and use a foaming attachment to lather bath before scrubbing your car, you can't get better for cheaper.

Why (learning)?

Also is 2,000-PSI 1.2 GPM with a 13 Amp electric motor overkill for car wash usage?

1.2gpm is not that much, if you’ve never had a power washer than it would be better than the hose, but would be very time consuming for house duties. Most electric power washers are designed for a 15amp breaker, around 1hp or so, and gas ones are 5hp or more, and 3 gpm which is important for cleaning quicker.

Yes, if you jerk off watching AMMO NYC videos and have a Bob Vila tattoo on your back, then this is not your pressure washer. If you want to simply blast away debris and use a foaming attachment to lather bath before scrubbing your car, you can't get better for cheaper.

I'll admit I busted a gut in my cube here at work. I needed that laugh today.

1.2gpm is not that much, if you’ve never had a power washer than it would be better than the hose, but would be very time consuming for house duties. Most electric power washers are designed for a 15amp breaker, around 1hp or so, and gas ones are 5hp or more, and 3 gpm which is important for cleaning quicker.

Ahhh, now that makes perfect sense.

So what did you end up getting?

Since it is mainly for the car I ended up going with a refurbed RYOBI. Normally $225, I got the refurb for $120. Then they gave me a $30 gas allowance as it is being shipped for free to a grove city store location. I am on the far east side. So ended up at $96.

I got a MATTC foam cannon.

The RV water filter is a Camco TastePURE Water Filter.

a little late to the party but you should make sure it doesent have a low set pressure shut off valve. On my gas powered Honda pressure washer it had a hard time with the foam cannon as it would give to much static pressure and it would stop working. or it would work for a few seconds and then stop.

I have an electric one now that works like a dream but I dont recall what model it is.