USPSA Match question

jerrodh

For those of you who are into USPSA I had a procedural error at my latest match failure to do a mandatory magazine change.

The stage was setup basically you had 8 shots on the right and 7 shots to make on the left from one position. I fired the 8 on the right then fired the 7 on the left with no magazine change.

I ended up the stage with a 0.57 because of this.

Am i correct with understanding the rules that I incurred 7 penalties (one for each shot after not reloading) so my original score had I re-loaded would have been +70 points (considering all hits where alpha's).

The 7 shots where on steel which I hit them all so all where alpha's. Obviously my score would have been slightly less than 70.57 with the added time of the reload...

I'm just trying to understand the rules/scoring a bit better and wanted some clarification.

Yeah it was my first match so I'm not to upset just wanted to learn from it. Sucks because I would have scored #9 out of #105 for the day on that course (texas star among a few others) I did really good. Would have bumped my standings for the day by 21-25 spots lol!

Yeah it was my first match so I'm not to upset just wanted to learn from it. Sucks because I would have scored #9 out of #105 for the day on that course (texas star among a few others) I did really good. Would have bumped my standings for the day by 21-25 spots lol!

Been there. I've been having to work on my reloading skills. They are taking WAAAAY to long. I can probably pickup 2-3 spots if I can get that time in half.