My house is dead

Buck531

Let me know if you still need a phone. My buddy has s6 phones on the cheap and I can reach out to see if he can get me one. They usually aren’t perfect but fully functional. I just need the carrier.

Edit: also have an older Asus laptop I can ship you so you have some connectivity.

The important thing is everyone is alright. Sorry this happened to you.

As I said on facebook, I don't know how I can help other than to offer you guys a hot meal at our table anytime you need it.

one of my co-workers is going through this... it's a long freaking road man. Sorry to hear this. I guess my sister's ex who has their kids lives really close to you guys because they were worried that their house was going to burn as well.

Wife and I saw this on the news last night. Crazy to see one of the houses was yours. At least everyone is safe. That's the only thing that really matters. Hopefully we on CR can help you out any way we can.

Hate to see that and glad everyone is ok. Like you say...the silver lining is you'll end up with a brand new house. Just have to keep mumbling that through all the bullshit that's in front of you guys.

So we were able to save a LOT of sentimental shit. Marriage license, pictures, father in laws stuff under the table in the family room. Surprisingly enough, the basement was untouched. I honestly think the hardwood (pergo) floors I put in years ago helped the water from seeping through the floors. There was some dripping but nothing that bad.

Got my dads old bar out. Most of the smoke damage was upstairs.

I feel bad for my neighbor has she hasn't even come back to the house yet and hers is a TOTAL loss. I mean. Everything she had.. gone. At least we were able to save some stuff.

I made a few calls to Gahanna bridges (he came out yesterday morning). They help families in shit situations like this. He gave me the area manager to a guy at Serve Pro. Ya know. water clean up, all that shit. etc. You've seen them on TV. He was out in 30 minutes. Explained everything. He actually did say some of the stuff that Coaster posted above about the insurance companies and they don't just clean junk up. They have another team that will rebuild the house. Just need to take it step by step. I haven't signed shit yet so that's a good thing I guess. Hell the guy from serve pro came out faster than I talked to the damn insurance Company (Hanover)

So I guess my insurance will run it through them and whatever bill they get will send it to my neighbors (State Farm.. they fucking better cover it) and go from there. Guy said we're probably looking at at least 9 months before its even done (maybe longer).

Thanks for all the support guys. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude on this. Wife is ok now that we got the sentimental shit out of the house.

I used to do up the drawings for a lot of fire restorations, so we were some of the first to have to navigate through homes, over all the insulation and stuff....to document the house, dimensions, structural damage, ect.

In the end they really seem to get everything built back to great. Sure it will be a long road, but it will pretty much be a new house, which is the bright side if anything.

I'm not into gofundme stuff but my niece set this up. It's for both of our houses (neighbors and mine). My neighbors basically lost everything. I'll probably give most of the money to them.

http://www.gofundme.com/f/supporting-2-house-fires?pc=fb_co_shareflow_m&rcid=r01-156138685697-0ba7d9408825465b&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_shareflow_m&fbclid=IwAR0P23ut3SWhoMqmnzxEYfKfypSJjUZLJa7bodSHRFtxAYNkoQByBAk_WZg

Buck, where are you guys staying? I have a vacancy coming up at one of my houses soon if you need to crash. Sorry to hear this man.

We're at my Moms house in Westerville until Tuesday. We got a 3 bedroom ranch in Strawberry Farms (Westerville) that we'll be moving in on Tuesday. Estimates go from 6 months to a year.