The Tesla Truck...

Trouble Maker

... looks like they built it out of old computer cases.

And why are there magicians on stage?

Also, does this dude still think he lives in South Africa and needs an armored vehicle?

It is interesting how closely the price VS 0-60 VS range seem to line up between this and the Ford Maky

Edited by Trouble Maker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a joke when it came out.

I cant be the only person that thought that....

How in the actual fuck is what he brought out a truck?

It looks more like something that Mitsubishi would make 10 years from now, after they've been out of business for 5 years, as a concept for a 10 years into the future desert racer.

It's like calling an electric KUV mobile a muscle car.

*KUV=Karen Utility Vehicle, you heard it here first

I still think I'm being punked. Watched it live and was waiting for the real truck to come out.

The best comment I've seen online is that it looks like a partially rendered image from a mid 90's computer game.

Between how it looks incredibly bad and that the glass failed terribly. I feel like this is not what they will be producing and there is something behind this

It was a very lack luster unavailing compared to all the others they have done

I'm going to be sympathetic, as a fan of Tesla's products...

- It's unique, in a sea of vehicles that are "styled" but still get lost in a crowd.

- It will hopefully be legitimately cheaper, as the tooling/design for it HAS to be cheaper with the lack of flame-curves and fake vents that do nothing.

- Arguably, Tesla electric powertrain systems are well-engineered and great performers, only restricted by battery capacity. Stuff it under a unibody cube with decent suspension and tires, and you should have good off-road capabilities. Only worry is electric range if you're going way, way away from a charging station. Hoping that flat roof will harbor good solar cells.

- I wouldn't buy this thing at $50k+ like I wouldn't buy ANYTHING for $50k+...new cars these days are shit-for-value compared to higher-end cars/trucks that depreciate quickly. Would I buy this at $30k? If it proves to be as good as a used Model S in performance/reliability/capability, I would seriously consider it.

I'm going to be sympathetic, as a fan of Tesla's products...

- It's unique, in a sea of vehicles that are "styled" but still get lost in a crowd.

I could say a lot about the design but the reason I hate it so much is that I already know who will buy this. Throw this on the same pile as the G-Wagon, or the X6M, or the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. It's a giant ostentatious show piece for douchebags who don't actually like cars. It's a car for people who don't even see the need to pretend that they need their F250 King Ranch because of it's towing capacity, or who pretend that they need a huge AWD SUV to handle the rough Ohio winters. It's unapologetic in its appeal to people who just want to be flashy.

I will give them points for pushing boundaries, but there's absolutely nothing this does for me that a Model 3 Performance doesn't also do, without the baggage.

It probably won't catch on but these are the perfect trucks for municipalities. Stout warranty, distance doesn't matter, 10x tougher than anything else on the market (ever tried to get a Ford aluminium panel fixed, shoot me) will probably hold value over anything else on market.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk