Weird brake issue

Mace1647545504

About 6 weeks ago to avoid some dumdass cutting over 3 lanes to get off on the exit I was on I had to jam the brakes on my 02 escalade at about 40mph.

Stopped well and no accident, BUT since then every so often when I hit the brakes no matter hard or soft..going fast or slow..on them long or short..well more than 5-10 seconds I get a weird sound , almost like the abs is trying to kick on. Never had this sound before.

Last night when it happened I noticed it felt as if the brake peddle sorta kicked back up ..for lack of a better term..but it was still stopping.

The moose mobile stops every time but I am wondering if anyone here has an idea of what might be going on.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like an ABS issue. My off the cuff theory is that the ABS module developed a leak internally, and quite possibly shorted the module attached to it. I would have to spend some time operating it with a scan tool attached to get an idea of what is going on.

So as a WAG you think it's a module connected to the abs module.

What is that module called so I can look it up ..I tried looking it up but all I see are the ABS modules.

Thanks

It is the ABS module, it bolts directly to the ABS pump. There are two part numbers down there on the frame rail, one has the brake lines going in, and the other has the electrical connector. If that is the issue both have to be replaced and just the parts are stupid expensive, like $1000 or better for alot of trucks in that era.

I should’ve referred to the ABS pump in my post above, sorry for the confusion.