Weekend Trip to Chicago Recommendations

KillJoy

We go a couple times a year. Do you know where you are staying? How old are the kids?

Shed Aquarium is great, I like it better than Monterey Bay.

The kids museum at the Navy Pier is awesome. The other 3 museums are good too. (Field, industry, history)

Lincoln Park zoo is free and great if the weather cooperates.

Navy Pier is a fun afternoon.

You can also do all of the googleable scenic overlooks and skydecks etc...

I would stay downtown as close to the lake as possible (we like the Hyatt), but if not, use the train, it's easy and convenient.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Eat at Portillos.
This, I didn't make it to the food but, Portillos is a must. Famous for the Italian dip (look it up), Chicago dog, and the chocolate cake shake. An entire piece of cake blended into a milkshake, delicious.

For Chicago style pizza we like Pizzanos.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Museum of science and industry is a must see. Took the kids to Chicago last 2 years and did the city pass the first year. That was easily everyone's favorite so we did it again last year. Do the sub tour there...it's worth it. Hancock building to me is better than the Willis tower...lines are not as bad and there's a bar at the top. We go up late afternoon to watch the sunset and drink some beers. Go early or you won't make it up in time for sunset. We've hit all the usual places to eat. Ditkas probably ends up being everyone's favorite every year. Just a steak house basically but it's good.