Bad-Ass Q7 Gets the Perfect Treatment

TTQ B4U

So a friend of Rick Schnipke from right here on CR, Greg, has brought me two vehicles this early spring, one of which is his better half's new-to-her Orca Black 2019 Q7 full optioned with the sport package and more. The vehicle was a swirl city of typical Hard Audi clear that had taken an initial several thousand mile beating from rotary car washes as it was an in-service courtesy vehicle for the service department. Mind you, one of the NICEST loaner vehicles I've ever seen in-service by a dealership. No doubt the 22" factory wheels set this beauty off well.

The approach here was to complete it with my Premium Enhancement Polish Package that normally sets the expectation at 75% or greater correction thus greatly minimizing the swirls. In this case, with properly dialed-in products and a little more effort, I'm proud to say I delivered Greg a nearly full correction approaching 98% or better. This was his second vehicle to me in as many weeks and thus I wasn't going to let this one fall short. Part of that decision included going with a dual layer approach with Cquartz Ceramic Coating and Trim coating too. As another thank you, I included a full glass polish and primer coat to them before layering on a glass coating over all exposed glass surfaces too.

FYI, all pics here were taken using the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra in 12mp 4:3 ratio mode. A little punchy but outstanding in terms of detail and clarity. Most were at 2x zoom too. Cropped to 3:2 ratio most of the time but otherwise, a job well done by the latest in camera phone technology.

So here's where it all began. Photos don't do the damage justice as it was really in far worse shape than any photo or video could capture.

original.jpg

Tail lights to me are even more critically important to have corrected than headlights as they often reside on the sexist curve of the vehicle as ones eye transitions from the side to the rear. These were classically dulled and lifeless.

original.jpg

It never surprises me to see areas of vehicles that were cleaned with some type of abrasive pad like a magic eraser, etc. Marks like this are not uncommon and do require a paint thickness gauge to ensure no permanent damage was done. Thankfully here, it was all good and as you'll see, corrected to perfection without issue.

original.jpg

I call my past few years of hobbyist work Reflective Surfaces for a reason. Many here know I have a fond love for black paint and with many of my vehicles completed being black, I've had quite a bit of practice creating mirrors out of black paint

original.jpg

One of the biggest advantages of Ceramic Coatings is the way they enhance a greatly refined finish. Let's bend some light shall we?

Notice too how the tail lights have now come alive with clarity.

original.jpg

IMO, one of the BEST looking SUV's on the road right now. I wish everyone here could experience the refinement of the interior too as it is even better than what you are seeing here.

original.jpg

22's really set this beast off and are so rare in the wild, this is perhaps the only one I've seen wearing them around Cbus.

original.jpg

original.jpg

The BEST angle / view of it IMO

original.jpg

original.jpg

Now with the swirls removed, that metallic flake can really shine through

original.jpg

original.jpg

Perfect Pillars. Another often heavily swirled area that REALLY sets off a vehicle as one approaches it. I love perfectly corrected pillars

original.jpg

Another added touch Greg decided on was protecting the exposed plastic pieces with their corresponding ceramic based coating. Now the deep clean just-finished appearance of a well dressed plastic will stay for 12-18 months.

original.jpg

Did I say Reflective Surfaces? Yes, I did.

original.jpg

Many thanks to Rick for the referral and Greg's trust in my work. Rick, I have a little something for you as my thanks, whenever we can once again meet up.

Keep me posted if anyone else would like to see their vehicle cleaned up for spring/summer. This funk won't last forever!!

• 3 weeks later...