Ohio No front plate on July 1, any updates?

Trouble Maker

Does anyone plan on removing the plates from their DDs? I've never had a front plate on the Miata but my Sedona and CMax I can't see bothering with removing them and plugging the holes.

I had the front plate on the dash of my DD, took it out last night. I'll leave the other DDs up to my wife and daughter. If I just had a shit CRV or something for a daily, I don't think it'd matter at all.

Does anyone plan on removing the plates from their DDs? I've never had a front plate on the Miata but my Sedona and CMax I can't see bothering with removing them and plugging the holes.

I am taking the front plate off my jeep and the audi. The jeep's front plate has been hit a few times and is wrinkled and crooked. it "adds character" but I'd rather it just not be there. The audi is similar, the bracket that held it on broke and I fixed it with some janky angle iron. you can't see it, but it bothers me that it is there.

I am leaving it on my bmw for now, but plan on replacing the bumpers and won't be putting it back when I do. The only car I won't touch is the wife's CRV. It's her car, she can make the call if she wants.

Focus hasn't had a plate for 2 years since I ripped off the aftermarket bracket I had on there. Probably going to remove it from the Fusion if my boss doesn't care. Wife told me not to touch her Escape.

I put a Euro front plate on the Volvo, because there are 4 holes from the front plate mount as well as a small dent from something backing into it. The plate was cheaper than bodywork. :lol: Covers everything up. Also fun for my son as this is technically HIS car.

Similarly, there's a front plate on the Odyssey but when I remove it there's a couple of screw holes and I never wanted to bother with it. Kept it on with a smoked cover. Everything else I own - even my company car - doesn't have a front plate.

Trivial as this issue seems, especially given everything we're dealing with recently, it's a major win for Ohio car guys and I never thought I'd see the day.

It's off my maxima because the licenses frame was not good and when I ran it through the moomoo it bent the crap out of it . Everyone asks what happened and I;m tired of talking about it

Edited by Mace

Focus ST is attached to the grille, so no plugs are necessary. Took it off last night.

Bullitt has never had a front plate; it was purchased in Indiana. I wasn't about to add one.

Cougar had an aftermarket bracket installed when I replaced the bumper cover many years ago, so that came off yesterday, too; no muss, no fuss.

MINI? Who cares. It's a beater.

This law doesn't affect me. I have not had a front license plate on any of my cars for close to 3 decades. Yes, I paid penalty for it at an average of every 2 or so years and I never mind it; it's like "bad luck disposal". The only drawback is that I cannot say any longer that my cars have at least 3 illegal things.

Oh well.