Another CR Peep get's the business, ST Action Inside

TTQ B4U

So a fellow member of CR has a great daily driver that has served him well for the past 7+ years and felt it was time to get it refreshed. We all fall behind in keeping our rides looking great and over winter and given all that's going on this year, the car scene has certainly seen it's share of downers that kept our heads out of it. That said, it was time to breath a little life back into his ride so that going forward it would be super easy to maintain and keep it looking great.

Nick brought me his 2013 Focus ST to get the Basic Polish & Protect package special that I posted about several weeks back. This detail option is perfect for removing oxidation Road grime build-up and scuffs from heavily weather-worn finishes.

It is not a paint correction package, but the use of a machine polisher combined with its super-micro abrasive technology polishing agents will smooth out fine blemishes greatly reducing the appearance of swirls & imperfections while brightening the paint’s color to enhance the gloss of the protective sealant. It's a dramatic improvement with results that always impress. Nick can chime in to comment on how it turned out in his eyes, but from a detail perspective it was rather impressive.

Thanks again for trusting in my work Nick and I'm glad to see the car is serving you well and looking so nice still. Enjoy!

The weather this weekend wasn't great but I did manage to get a break in the way of rain stopping for long enough to get a few pics and for Nick to pick up the car without having to drive it home in the rain. The pics here don't do it justice for sure but if you see it at cars and coffee, I'm sure it will stand out as a super clean ST.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Nick how do you like the st? Trunk space big enough?

I've really enjoyed it. It's a great balance of being comfortable for daily use and fun to drive when I'm not. It feels way more alive compared to my Fusion demo and is miles more comfortable than the Focus RS I had before the Fusion.

Only problem I've had with it outside of many recalls is a dip in revs when the A/C compressor kicks on. There's fixes for it, but it doesn't bother me enough to do them. Factory brakes lasted me 50k, tires last about 25k. It's awesome with snow tires in the winter too. Hasn't missed a beat in the 7 years I've had it.

Space is fine inside considering it's a compact. I can barely fit two suitcases in the hatch, but I can. A carseat requires the seat to be pulled up if you go with the base trim, but they are all-day comfortable. The optional Recaros seems a bit thinner and give rear seats more leg room, but they are TIGHT if you're fat like me. Great seats when you're pushing the car though.

Only real complaint is the small fuel tank, but that's a minor one.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Edited by Fiji ST

I'll add that they are nice cars. I LOVE the Recaro's. Have detailed several of these and have yet to find anyone that doesn't like them. The loaded up ones have a nicer interior than you would expect for a compact car like this.